Sony!!!??? WTF
Apparently there was some issue with the power connection/cable, I dont think it happened very much at all but m$ was being cautious and released new cables for systems built before a certain date, other than that I know of not one person that has had any problems with an xbox other than the moronically designed original controller.

I had a first gen ps2 and it just died after 6 months, then I had a third gen and it collected dust fatser than my statically charged wega tv, so I gave up and picked up a thin ps2, I have never had a prob with my cube till now, it reads system error after 20 minutes of running no matter what I put in so I have to either ship it back for $50 cause its out of warranty or wait for the revolution.

Since sonys earnings are down in all areas, why do they continue to release crap, they made such an outrageous buzz that the psp is it,it will kill nintnedo and then it has the worst bug they could have asked for, whats up. Dont they test their product?
geo85 Wrote:Apparently there was some issue with the power connection/cable, I dont think it happened very much at all but m$ was being cautious and released new cables for systems built before a certain date, other than that I know of not one person that has had any problems with an xbox other than the moronically designed original controller.
Actually at some pointthey released something with a unstabe cord on it that would shock you & start fires; this was after replacing the potentual fire wood boxes; Penny-Arcade did a parody of an M$ suit saying that he doesn't care if it's dangerous, they'd just call it shock & burn; say it's a new innovative game & the XBox fans wouldn't mind one bit, even after being shocked & fried to death.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
The real issue was actually with the power supply had bad connections and if you move it around alot you could potentionally cause a spark and start a fire.. What they did was say the cords were bad and they re-issued cords with Ground Fault breakers on them so fi the Power Supplys did spark it would kick the GF protecter instead of starting a fire..
I actually like the original controller over the s controller. Especially since the s controls r and l triggers don't work worth a crap. Go play drag race mode in need for speed undergrounds and you'll understand what I mean. Something inbetween the two would be perfect though lol.

And my xbox does have a small problem. Quite often the system doesn't like booting up if I already have a disc in there. It will say the disc isn't recognizable or something. All I gotta do it kick out the disc and put it back in and it works fine though. As long as the problem doesn't start happenig after I put the disc back in it's not a big deal. =P
Such ignorance towards the gamecube...poor gamecube, I still love you.

(Zelda, Metroid Prime 1&2, Animal Crossing, Star Fox, RE4, Smash Brothers, Mario Sunshine, F-Zero, Mario Tennis and Golf, Pikmin 1&2, Viewtiful Joe, Skies of Arcadia, Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario)

All were exclusive cube games (except for Joe which was transfered to PS2 for a crappy port, and Arcadia which was a remake of the Sega game).

Edit: More on topic though, I with the general consences that Sony products blow out of the gate. They usually try and sell based on "Style" instead of "Substance", but slowly people are starting to reallize that they aren't the same thing. PSP had a strong start, but developers are starting to get the hang of the DS for Nintendo, and a lot of people are switching over to that.
Eh, I thought the DS was better in the first place. Only way nintendo could make a handheld better imo is to add decent size thumsticks. =P Ex. Metroid is a pretty cool ds demo game but it would be so much better if you didn't have to use the touchscreen to aim.
Cidien Wrote:I actually like the original controller over the s controller. Especially since the s controls r and l triggers don't work worth a crap. Go play drag race mode in need for speed undergrounds and you'll understand what I mean. Something inbetween the two would be perfect though lol.

And my xbox does have a small problem. Quite often the system doesn't like booting up if I already have a disc in there. It will say the disc isn't recognizable or something. All I gotta do it kick out the disc and put it back in and it works fine though. As long as the problem doesn't start happenig after I put the disc back in it's not a big deal. =P
on the Xbox drive you probably have a shitty Thomson or Phillips drives.. Xbox had 3 drives put into it and Samsung is the best.. it can actually read Cd-r while the others can't and phillips have even problems reading real discs..
Mayby, I bought it refurbished from software etc. so I have no idea lol. Figured it would be better than a used system and it was only $10 more.
well refirbished just means it was acutally checked out and cleaned etc from microsoft itself or software etc.. while used was just what they got from the person with nothing done on it.. So either way its just a "chance" which drive you would get as it depended what plant the xbox came from. yea for not caring about the xbox i know too much. guess thats what i get for researching everything when i was modding them.
Nice lol. Ya the software etc people told me the refurbished ones were xboxs that had minor problems that were sent back to m$ and they fixed em and sell them this way. I don't buy many systems used ever. Not unless it's from a friend. Too many things can be wrong with them.
obviously the xbox is more powerful then sony as far as the current gen systems and the x box has some great games too but it all depends on what you want to play. I never could get an xbox cus most people got them to play games like Halo and other fps games or spy games and i just use my computer for any fps i mean the xbox sucks when it come to fps games compared to computer and for ps2 there are a decent number of spy games too even tho splinter cell is better on xbox then ps2 metal gear makes up for it. So in those aspects even with racing ps2 has gran turismo which is awesome and yeah so even tho the ps2 may lack fps games which are most popular it has rpgs and thats what im into and when i feel like playing fps i just play one on my computer so.....

As far as problems with systems go all systems have some problems but i much rather get a system that may have some problems then get it when most are worked out then a system with games that kinda suck.... Not saying that halo isnt cool but it sucks compared to the comp version....
Cyrus
Cyrus Wrote:As far as problems with systems go all systems have some problems but i much rather get a system that may have some problems then get it when most are worked out then a system with games that kinda suck.... Not saying that halo isnt cool but it sucks compared to the comp version....

Yeah right. Every review I have read said that the game take far too much resources on the PC, even going beyond the recommendations the box. Plus, how long did it take to come out on PC? The ONLY reason to buy Halo on PC was to play it online, and since Halo 2 came out, that is no big deal anymore.

Also, it depends what kind of RPG you want. You want Japanese RPG's then you get a PS2, if you want western RPGs, you get an X-Box.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:Also, it depends what kind of RPG you want. You want Japanese RPG's then you get a PS2, if you want western RPGs, you get an X-Box.
I hate to sound racist, but what I read here is, if you want to play good RPGs then get a PS2, if you want to play M$'s sad excuses for games buy an Xbox, but that jsut because I like Japanese made games over US one & I don't like M$, go figure -_-
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Batz Kage Wrote:I hate to sound racist, but what I read here is, if you want to play good RPGs then get a PS2, if you want to play M$'s sad excuses for games buy an Xbox, but that jsut because I like Japanese made games over US one & I don't like M$, go figure -_-

That doesn?t sound racist to me. It just sounds selective. It would be like "I like this restaurant better, cause they have better hamburgers. But I also just hate that other restaurant for a lot of reasons." The disliking of companies, and the appreciation of cultures doesn't seem like it could be racist, if you take them at surface level at least.

But more on point, M$ has had little to do with the RPGs that have come out on its system. Sudeki (and it's ironic name for this convo.) I think is about the only one they really pushed from its concept, and I don't even think they were that involved in its creation. The Two Starwars RPGs, Fable, The Bard's Tale (which is on both PS2 and X-Box) are all in the western vein, but are good RPG's. You shouldn?t over look them just cause of their platform, especially Fable and the KOTOR since they are on PC too.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
In my opinion most rpg's from Japan are getting dull and played out, in my experience most are just the same game with a new face. How many time do I need a character with amnesia or gather the crystals to save the world yawn yawn. Thats why I really like games like fable and kotor, because though they arent perfect they are trying and for the most part succeeding in creating a new game experience with elements people are familiar with. I still love rpg's and I am not being racist but at least try to mix things up.