Sony!!!??? WTF
Cidien Wrote:If that's the case I applogize. Just hearing way too many people say they can't tell the difference. I just have to wonder if these people have ever even seen a screenshot much less a movie showing off the next gen graphics.

I have seen both the screenshots and movies showing the next gen graphics, and I am in no way impressed. Like I stated before, I have only been impressed twice in the graphical jumps with new systems. When I saw Super Mario World on SNES, I about dropped a nut with excitment. Then the time I saw Sonic Adventure running on the DC, I thought to myself; they finally got 3D right. Its been a looooong time since I have been excited about a new game, so these new systems really don't mean anything to me. Of course this is coming from someone that gets more excited about a Megaman X collection, than the new Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, or Metal Gear games.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Just to clear things up I am in college, yes I have a job(its pays well), no I dont bum off my parents, and I like video games why not byuy all three I dont think I am throwing away money. I also said probably which means if I dont like any of the systems I wont buy them which is why I said I would wait after each release. I spend just as much on clothes anyway, so I dont see the big deal.

Its not like I am selling all my stuff to buy them, I just have the money, sorry if that offends any of you.
People always underrate the gamecube. It has some great games no other consoles will ever get. Examples. Anything zelda or metroid. Skies of arcadia is a dreamcast remake but still a great game. RE4 is pretty cool. Smash bros is a great multiplayer game. There are lots of other no other systems get.
actually i believe he just mentioned all the good games on gamecube lol

all i know if with gamecube for every good game they get there are 5 opther good games that come out on both xbox and ps2 but not gamecube and thats enough for me not to really like the Gamecube much. that and it pisses me off that you cant even play music on it WTF stupid stylish disks and low capabilities

with the revolution then the nintendo will be forced to have good games lol cus you can dl all the good snes and nes games Big Grin
Cyrus
Ya the discs are stupid. And I also wouldn't pick the gamecube if I only had to pick 1 system. However, you can also factor in you can pick up a gamecube for like $60-70. =P I just sold mine while it's still worth more than an n64 lol. Sold it as soon as I learned the revolution is backwards compatible. Gonna suck having to wait to play the new zelda though. Finally releasing the original zelda e3 game they showed footage of.

I can say this for the zelda team. They probably surprise people more with each game they come out with than any other series out there lol. Everyones was expecting that then they got the cell shaded wind waker. Then everyone expects a wind waker 2 and they get the cool looking zelda lol.
geo85 Wrote:Just to clear things up I am in college, yes I have a job(its pays well), no I dont bum off my parents, and I like video games why not byuy all three I dont think I am throwing away money. I also said probably which means if I dont like any of the systems I wont buy them which is why I said I would wait after each release. I spend just as much on clothes anyway, so I dont see the big deal.

Its not like I am selling all my stuff to buy them, I just have the money, sorry if that offends any of you.
Why would that offend anyone :confused: ?

I still can't see spending the amounts some of you people do on games, or even anime. Rather pathetic, sometimes :p ... Sure you may have a good job, but think about the kinds of stuff you could buy if you hadn't spent all that you have on games and anime. For a lot of you, you prolly could have gotten a MUCH nicer car. I dl my anime, music, and occasionally games and have saved a ton. But, if you already have a ton of money to throw away anyway, meh, more power to you. I'd just rather spend my money on...I don't know if better is the right word, but you get the picture...stuff. Why spend $50 on something you'll finish in 2 days :confused: ?
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
I have a pretty nice car myself, but if I had to choose between game consoles and a pretty car i'd choose the consoles lol. (assuming i'm not upgrading from a piece of crap to a runnable car with that money)
I?m gonna take a stab at steering things back on topic. Sony really pisses me off sometimes. They pull hardcore bait and switch on you. They publicize features, then later take them away right before it is released. The biggest example of this, is when they took pre-orders for the HDD. They had previously said it would have many other features, the main one being MP3 playback. They made no effort inform people that this was not going to be a feature of the HDD, or of any of the removed functionality for that matter before pre-orders started. Point is, what could they take away with out saying this time? They have already started, who is to say they won?t remove something more important next? I mean, I did think this is a weak feature anyway, but why brag about it then cut it a month later, if not to make you press conference have more of an impact?
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I understand what your saying but as I've said before, I expect them to drop things till it is actually launched. I'm fed up with sony and nintendo anyway since I'm in europe and we always get screwed in more ways than one. I really don't give a fuck about those companies anymore and I feel better playing pirated games on the system than buying a game just to get back at them screwing us over time and time again. Only M$ treats us as equals to the US but that's the only console I don't have (yet) since they've just lately been getting games I want.

For me I'll still buy it as long as they don't drop the game playing and online abilities (which I'm pretty sure sony will keep). All the other features I already have on my pc or stereo. A hdd would be nice so we won't need fucking memory cards anymore but I'm not even counting on that.
At least you guys didn't have to deal with first gen ps2s lol. I don't know a single person with a working first gen ps2. I think sony intentionally builds them like crap knowing people that will wait for them and shell out the money right away will buy another one later anyways.
same thing with Ps1's the first ones that came out shit the bed.. too.. Sony has always built crappy systems for reliability. My PS2 would hardly read discs anymore and i konw my friends Ps2 won't read a disc at all..
Schultz Wrote:same thing with Ps1's the first ones that came out shit the bed.. too.. Sony has always built crappy systems for reliability. My PS2 would hardly read discs anymore and i konw my friends Ps2 won't read a disc at all..

You both probably have first gen ps2s. Same thing happened to every single person I know with one. I bought one later so mines just fine lol. One of their first gen ps2s actually quit on them after only 4-5 months.
who knows since there is like 11 models of Ps2
thats normally true of most new systems though.

especially the more advanced systems cus they have more to deal with

them breaking down at first i mean
Cyrus
Cyrus Wrote:thats normally true of most new systems though.

especially the more advanced systems cus they have more to deal with

them breaking down at first i mean
er yeah, did an X-Box catch on fire?
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html