final fantasy advent children question ?
Any information as to where one can buy a HK copy of Advent children , thanks !
Blight Wrote:After rewatching the trailer, a thought just occurred to me: Are we gonna get on a subtitled version? It is looking that way and that is BS.:mad: But if they are only gonna be speaking Japanese, making them look only Japanese makes more sense now...but still.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, they've already said they are going to dub it and the trailer is in english....

And the advent children hk is in the store. Don't you see it? It's in the magical unreleased section.
Cidien Wrote:Well, they've already said they are going to dub it and the trailer is in english....

And the advent children hk is in the store. Don't you see it? It's in the magical unreleased section.

Hmm, the only version of the trailer I have seen in Japanese, so you know any where I could find the English version? Anybody?

And I saw that release of the HK too, I was just waiting for some else to try it out and find out if it was any good. So you up for it puzzleguy? You'll probably find it under the "good deals for morons" section at ebay.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Rent or buy steamboy (it's amazing) and at the beginning is the trailer. Other than that I have no idea.
Cidien Wrote:Anybody seen the trailer for advent children? I rented steamboy and popped it in as I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth quick. I about crapped my pants when I hear aeris' theme playing in my room lol. I still don't like the distinctly japanese look they have to them but the show looks amazing from that preview. Can't wait to see it.

Yes, it makes spirits within look like a piece of shit. The fighting is beyond anything expressed even in the matrix. FF7 Advent Children is completely badass. I just hope the storyline isn't conveyed as too vague in the movie since it will only be 60 minutes runtime I believe? It really doesn't matter tho to the hardcare FF7 fan we know what's going on. I just wish they could make a 9 hour trilogy of FF7 instead of 60 minutes.

Personally I'm looking forward to this more then I've looked forward to ANY and ALL anime titles I've ever collected in the past. I know this could be a major cash cow for them. And if they did remake FF7 I can just about guarantee every single FF7 fan of the past will buy it, there's about 10 times more FF7 fans then there are of final fantasy fanboys who like 8,9, and 10 as well.
Anime Want To Buy / Sell / Trade List: http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=5548
Blight Wrote:And from what we have seen thus far in the movie, err at least me, it looks far too one sided.

Well, I suppose it depends on the point of view. Giving the characters an Asian look isn't, imo, too one sided at all. I mean, the Chinese alone make up one third of the population, add to that number all of the other Asian looking people and they might just make up half of the population. It's not like the only Asian looking people are the Japanese. Besides, they, the ones who created the movie, are Japanese, they live in Asia, so why shouldn't they make the characters look like them?

Blight Wrote:My question is this: 12 I think looks more Japanese too, will this continue? And if it does what impact will it have on the franchises? success since the market for video games has been shifting westward?

Is it such a big problem? Why are people so concerned about this? Sounds a bit racist to me, really. So they look Asian! Sometimes they look Asian, sometimes they look westerners, sometimes they look like monsters and aliens. I don't see what's so upsetting about that.

geo85 Wrote:And Tiger woods is half and half, his father was a navy Colenel and his mother is from Thailand. Thats why he looks half asian because he is.

I knew that. :p
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Cidien Wrote:At least our star oceans better than the japanese version. =P Fixed the freezing bugs. Still haven't played it yet though.

After telling you about the trailer being on an extra dvd that had come with my copy of Star Ocean I felt like watching it again. Much to my surprise it wasn't the Advent Children trailer that was on the dvd but the trailer for FFXII. I then remembered that the Advent Children trailer was an extra on my copy of FFX-2 International+Last Mission which means I didn't watch the trailer 8 months ago (when I got Star Ocean) but 18 moths ago when I got FFX-2. This now leads me to the question: What's taking them so long?!!!
Oh, and FFXII is another one I badly want to get my hands on and another one that's taking far too long!! :mad:
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Is it such a big problem? Why are people so concerned about this? Sounds a bit racist to me, really. So they look Asian! Sometimes they look Asian, sometimes they look westerners, sometimes they look like monsters and aliens. I don't see what's so upsetting about that.

It isn't that I hate it cause they are Japanese or Asian looking, I don't like the overwhelming change to the characters with going in this direction. The Kingdom hearts version of Cloud doesn't look like that. But that version does look like the natural progression of how the character could look.

And I don't like being called a racist, don't do that. I was simply expressing my opinion about how the artistic style has changed, not saying it looked just awful because it is full of people that don't look like I do. I don’t like the new direction of the art, because it was not what it is was before, just like I don’t like all the name changes they have made to this and other FF games, for apparently no reason (i.e. Aris to Aerith why?)

And as for 12, I think you should try to keep games racially diverse. All of my stories are purposefully ranging in the real and fake ethnicities of the characters in them, just because it makes them deeper to have the backing of a whole people behind them. This is a problem with ALL video game creators NOT because people tend to purposefully make graphics and character models in their image, but because that is usually the first thing that pops in to their heads and they run with it.

So again my argument isn’t with them being a different race, I just would like to see the diversity that enjoy so much in their games…because I’m greedy and want everything. But on the same token, I rather enjoy knowing what part of the world my game is from; knowing that it’s culture heavily influenced its creation. I do wonder however, if in the marketing department, this will have an effect for the western (and specifically US) market, which is why I posed the 12 question in the first place. Not all people like to engage themselves in entertainment that is so culturally different, especially here in the US.
Well again I don't like them having asian looks simply because the game didn't make them look asian. If they looked asian in the game then cool, they should.

And I dunno what takes so long. You'd think when you're seeing scenes on a trailer that look like they're from the beginning and near the end that they wouldn't take another couple years! lol

And I think you mean aerith to aris Blight. =P I actually like the American name better, but I dunno why they felt they needed to change it.
Cidien Wrote:And I think you mean aerith to aris Blight. =P I actually like the American name better, but I dunno why they felt they needed to change it.

Well, depending who you talk to, either one can be considered the "Original" name. Original Japanese name, or original name for the character in the U.S. release. The first Japanese name was Aerith, then it came over as Aeris, then the officially changed it back to Aerith in Kingdom Hearts. So, um, WTF Square! Quite wasting time on fucking name specifics and hurry up and finish your shit!
Cidien Wrote:Rent or buy steamboy (it's amazing) and at the beginning is the trailer. Other than that I have no idea.

There's no trailer in English, just one that has a voiceover in English. That same voiceover sequence was used in another Advent Children trailer, but they used different (and much better) footage instead of what was on Steamboy's trailers (it's one of the one's on the Japanese site).

As for them looking Japanese, I don't have a problem with it. Japan made the movie, they should make the characters look how they want too. Although with their crazy hairstyles and colors, I barely notice their racias features so much.
lots of rpgs have changed names ff7 star ocean 2 and others but those are the 2 i thought of off the top of my head. I imagine its to market to a bigger audience or just mistranslation.
Cyrus
Cyrus Wrote:lots of rpgs have changed names ff7 star ocean 2 and others but those are the 2 i thought of off the top of my head. I imagine its to market to a bigger audience or just mistranslation.

Well how many instances are there when a company waits till the game has been out for like five years and then decides to make name changes?
Did you guys notice they are naming the new dragon warrior game dragon quest instead of warrior? I was kinda happy when I saw that. Always thought it was stupid to name it dragon warrior. Dragon quest sounds better anyways.

Not sure if i'm going to buy it or not yet. I can't believe dragon quest 7 is the best selling rpg in japan ever. That game was so unbelievably boring I couldn't stand it. How that outsold ff7... I have no flippin idea.
I was told there's going to be a special edition of the movie, one that comes with a massive figure and other goodies. According to Gamespot that's indeed true but unfortunately the damn thing is going to cost about $275. Ouch!!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/13/...27420.html