final fantasy advent children question ?
The Current issue of Newtype is listing Sept 14 for the Japanese release with the US release coming alittle later afterwards
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
I thought the same thing. Though the movie looks awesome, a notch or two above spirits within, I had always liked the fact that the characters in most anime and video games are universal of sorts. Its the right of the people making it to make the characters look however they want but making them obviously Japenese like they started to do in FFXetc, is going to alienate any non-Japenese viewer.
I don't think it will alienate the non japanese gamer I just think it's stupid because the ps1 game didn't make them look remotely japanese. Then they changed barets hair too. That pissed me off a bit as well. Stupid.
geo85 Wrote:I thought the same thing. Though the movie looks awesome, a notch or two above spirits within, I had always liked the fact that the characters in most anime and video games are universal of sorts. Its the right of the people making it to make the characters look however they want but making them obviously Japenese like they started to do in FFXetc, is going to alienate any non-Japenese viewer.

I don't think it's going to alienate non-Japanese viewers either, I don't believe it to be that dramatic. I actually like the Japanese look, it gives the characters that feline look I love.

According to IGN "The official release date for the DVD is set for September 13th in the U.S., and September 14th in Japan.". I can hardly wait!!!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I kust dont like it because that is not how the characters looked in the game or in any japanese arrt work or drawings done for the game so they have totally changed the characters, like turning the honeymooners black why reamake it I dont know but dont change it, especially since none of the actors are anything like the origianl cast Cedric is crap compared to Jackie Gleeson
geo85 Wrote:I kust dont like it because that is not how the characters looked in the game or in any japanese arrt work or drawings done for the game so they have totally changed the characters, like turning the honeymooners black why reamake it I dont know but dont change it, especially since none of the actors are anything like the origianl cast Cedric is crap compared to Jackie Gleeson

Unless they made them look like they did in the game with cubes for hands and such there was no way in hell they were going to look like they did what with the detail and realism the movie has.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Unless they made them look like they did in the game with cubes for hands and such there was no way in hell they were going to look like they did what with the detail and realism the movie has.

Beside that, if they don't look Japanese they would have to have a look similar to some ethnicity in the world...or be aliens. So it just makes since I guess. But I did think that even the black guy had a little bit of a Japanese tinge to him, which made me think it was kinda stupid to take their style to that level. Almost makes it a little overbearing and supports the "non Japanese" style quip.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:But I did think that even the black guy had a little bit of a Japanese tinge to him, which made me think it was kinda stupid to take their style to that level.

Well, Tiger Woods is black and has an Asian look so...
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Well, Tiger Woods is black and has an Asian look so...

I know, but since I want to avoid any discussion of facial features or darkness cause I don't want to go there, I'll just point out that I was talking about the stylistic influence being to heavy handed and representing of single ethnic look. For good or bad, just pointing it out.

Also somebody said something about FFX starting to look definitely Japanese. Well some yes. But Auron was far more western looking. And Waka looked made up (cause he was an ugly MoFo lol). But there was diversity there. And from what we have seen thus far in the movie, err at least me, it looks far too one sided.

My question is this: 12 I think looks more Japanese too, will this continue? And if it does what impact will it have on the franchises? success since the market for video games has been shifting westward?
Hardy har har
They dont need to give them block hands but they could very easily make them look similar without them being Japenese. I guess I am just selfish that way.

And Tiger woods is half and half, his father was a navy Colenel and his mother is from Thailand. Thats why he looks half asian because he is.
Ya wanna know what they should look like? Watch a ff7 cg. Then just make them more detailed. There was no reason to change them like they did. Especially barets hair... grr... you can't just change the way someone looks so completely! It's stupid.
After rewatching the trailer, a thought just occurred to me: Are we gonna get on a subtitled version? It is looking that way and that is BS.:mad: But if they are only gonna be speaking Japanese, making them look only Japanese makes more sense now...but still.:mad: :mad: :mad:
Blight Wrote:After rewatching the trailer, a thought just occurred to me: Are we gonna get on a subtitled version? It is looking that way and that is BS.:mad: But if they are only gonna be speaking Japanese, making them look only Japanese makes more sense now...but still.:mad: :mad: :mad:

If that does happen than it will be just another SHITTY dvd release...But hopefully they will have common sense and release a dubbed version...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:If that does happen than it will be just another SHITTY dvd release...But hopefully they will have common sense and release a dubbed version...

I really wonder about it now, because in little over a month it will have released over here, and no one has seen hide nor hair of an English version. Makes me really worried about it.
Blight Wrote:I really wonder about it now, because in little over a month it will have released over here, and no one has seen hide nor hair of an English version. Makes me really worried about it.

Yeah I know what you mean all we can do is hope..
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection