r00ster; for or against - was texhnolyze
onizuka17711 Wrote:all I'm saying is that r00ster has done nothing wrong according to what info we have...which is precisely why Cidien can't complain as he has no real proof in this. Ever hear of "innocent until proven guilty"? Classic case right here.

He chose to ignore Cidien during the past few weeks. He chose not to defend himself even though the last time I saw him online, he lingered around for more than 30 mins.
He claimed that CanadaPost lost the package and was supposedly yelling at the workers. After that, r00ster went "POOF!!!".
Neither YOU nor HIM could show proof that he did go to the Post Office and yelled at the workers. I could also say that I sent a package to Canada when I did not, didn't get the basic tracking (freaking just MERE couple of dollars max). Buyer complained that he didn't receive the package, so I wrote back and gave a climatic story abt yelling at the postal workers etc.
Basically, according to your theory, I'm innocent since the other party has no evidence that I kept the money/goods even though I could not provide a basic mailing receipt.

I just don't understand why would he delete his trade/sale Ebay list away when he has ongoing auctions, unless he does not intend to return in the near future. Why would he do that anyway??? Hmmm.....maybe a person with awesome common sense could answer this question..... :confused: :confused:

I have nothing against R00ster. We always missed the opportunities to trade with each other, however, from his pms, he seemed a really nice and reliable person.
Regarding this 'shady' trading, only if he ever chose to clarify it or come up with the original mailing receipt, o/w he would seem guilty of being shady and a rip-off. *shrug*
Personally, I don't think that he would be coming back anytime soon. He might not return at all.
I'm going to post a hypothesis. I don't have anything to back up that this is actually what happened but I do know one or two things about people so what I have to say is a possibility.

Let's say that I'm r00ster.
Let's say that I burn some discs and mail them off using the cheapest postage method available to me to save what little cash I have.
Let's say that they get lost in the mail (it happens far too often between the US and Canada... I know this from experience).
Now what do I do? I'm out the money because I didn't insure them. The guy who wants them is out the money because he didn't offer to pay for insurance. I'm in a hard place because I don't feel that I should have to pay for the discs again but I do want to see some sort of satisfaction for the guy who paid the money.
Now let's say that I start getting nasty emails saying that I cheated this guy and he starts posting messages that I'm a crook.
How much hassle is this worth to me?
My life has gotten really busy with other stuff but I've got this situation that I don't know what to do with. I've already said that the discs were lost in the mail. Should I be responsible for them? I don't think so... I did my part in good faith.

Rather than deal with name calling and finger pointing it's just easier for me to pull up stakes and move on. When I can give more of my time to this or I can afford to just pay for it to go away I might come back. maybe...

This is one scenario that comes to mind.
The fact that Cidien has a history of strong reactions and is willing to drag this whole thing into a public forum makes it seem plausible to me.
The fact that r00ster has a good trade history with people and has never had a shipment go missing before makes it seem plausible to me... I mean why would he single out Cidien to screw over after square dealing with everyone else?

On the other hand... it could be that he's decided that he wanted to get out of our forum and stealing $50 from one of our members was a bonus on the way out... that sounds like typical human behaviour to me...
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
I highly doubt that Cidien would be calling r00ster names in those first few pms he sent r00ster. After all, both of them had great trades/sales before. If r00ster had at least given Cidien some answers or replies, I highly doubt that Cidien would bring this matter to the public forums.

Unless I misread but I don't believe r00ster ever provided proof (mailing receipt since he didn't get any tracking #) that he did send out the dvdrs. All he said was he yelled at the postal workers.

r00ster could have sent the dvdrs out for all we know. Trades take place in good faith that each party would get whatever they agreed on. Ethically, when the other party did not receive what was promised, if the sender is ethical enough and has respect for the other party, he would send another set out. He could at least ask the other party to pay for the insurance or state it clearly that the mailing receipt would be proof that he did send out the items.
r00ster did nothing but avoided the entire issue. He even stealthily deleted his Ebay thread away. Doesn't that make him irresponsible?
If he's that busy, why does he have the time to list new items so very often on Ebay?
If he had that much time, why couldn't he reburn the anime?

Pragmatically, how much could the dvdrs cost? $0.50? $1? How many dvdrs was owed to Cidien? 20? 30? 50? 100? r00ster owed Cidien $50USD. Cidien let him use dvdrs to pay for the $50. r00ster actually got more than what he bargained for, unless he's using dvdrs which cost $5 per piece. r00ster could at least use whatever's left over from the gain of this trade to get a tracking #.

If tracking # is that expensive, I highly doubt that JJ would include tracking #s in all packages he sends out in Canada and USA even before he offered the option of having packages sent out from USA to USA. I remember having to go to the post office to collect the packages and the postmistress/master having to scan the tracking #s on the labels. Furthermore, all my dvds were delivered via regular Canada Post, not expedited.

My baby uncle sends me small stuffs from Toronto once every couple of weeks. I don't know how expensive is it to include tracking # but his packages were sent regular airmail with tracking #. The postage never exceeds $6USD.

Truthfully, I think he's done with the forum here. He just listed some Ebay auctions yesterday but he didn't bother to update it here like he always did. *shrug*

Bah....none of my business anyway.... Gonna go out now for supper with my friends.. Dohz...I'd rather be sleeping at 3am in the morning.
Cidien Wrote:he's been ignoring me for a long time. =/

If it had just been a mix up then there's no reason to ignore you. Sounds suspiscious to me... I'd be pissed with him if he did that to me... Even if it was an accident he should explain it instead of hiding away.
Ok, I was gonna stay out of this... but there are a few points that need to be brought up.

First, you can't get tracking or insurance on items sent out of the country, unless you really want to pay 4 times more than what it would cost to send it which is extremely expensive compared to local shipping.

2nd, the reason there is tracking numbers for JJ's stuff is he ships it from the US to the US, he mentioned it in one of his earlier posts that he was going to start doing that by coming across the border and shipping out stuff.

3rd and probably the most important one is the mail system won't do a search on any missing packages for at least 30 to 45 days from the sent date.... I know, I had a package I shipped to Canada and it was taking awhile, so I asked at the post office... they won't even file a complaint on it for that long.

4th there may be a way to check it thru customs number, it will at least say whether customs has received the package and when or if it has not... doesn't mean it was sent on from customs though, so it may still be held there. But at least you'd know that it had been received by customs... and it doesn't matter whether the package is or isn't insured or have a tracking number, it has to have a customs number which if Cidien has, he can call and ask about it himself, or check online. But it is entirely possible that Rooster, like most of us, threw away his receipt after mailing the package... but as to why he didn't just tell Cidien that is beyond me...

And last...I just did an Ebay deal with Rooster less than a couple of weeks ago, didn't have a problem with receiving it, or communications from him... I know this has nothing to do with the issue at hand.. but I hope this gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction soon.
Before JJ started shipping from US to US, he already had tracking numbers on all the packages.
When I was not home to receive the packages, I always had to go to the Post Office to collect the items because the Post Mistress/Master had to make sure that they scanned the delivery/tracking # before handing the packages to me.

If Canada-sent packages do not have tracking #, why did the Post Mistress/Master bother to scan JJ's postage labels? They even told me that they couldn't leave it in front of my house because there were delivery confirmations to be scanned. Btw, these all occurred before JJ even offered the option where he shipped from US.

My uncle sends small stuffs to me from Canada once every couple of weeks. He sent these items all via regular airmails. I don't know how he does it if tracking # is as expensive as you claim but the postage never went over $6CAD, inclusive of tracking #. He sent it from Toronto, maybe it's different from Ontario, I don't know.

Bah....doesn't matter to me....
In response to Zagatto.

He owed me $50 and paid me through dvds and shipping. He got the discs from his dad (free for him) who paid only about 50-60 cents a disc. The only thing r00ster paid for was shipping. (this is assuming he sent it here) So he really wasn't out anything and even if he was I asked for just the Kenshin and texhnolyze sets which even if the original package had gotten lost - we'd be more even with out $50 he owed me. I asked for less this time simply because I didn't think it fair to ask for all of it again if he did in fact send them.

P.S. I sent no messages even remotely nasty to him - the most nasty I sent is informing him i'm adding him to the shitty trade list and i'd really like to hear from him there. That was after about a month of not hearing back from him. r00ster was an online friend and I treated him as such even when I was starting to get upset.
Amethyst Wrote:Ok, I was gonna stay out of this... but there are a few points that need to be brought up.

First, you can't get tracking or insurance on items sent out of the country, unless you really want to pay 4 times more than what it would cost to send it which is extremely expensive compared to local shipping.

2nd, the reason there is tracking numbers for JJ's stuff is he ships it from the US to the US, he mentioned it in one of his earlier posts that he was going to start doing that by coming across the border and shipping out stuff.

3rd and probably the most important one is the mail system won't do a search on any missing packages for at least 30 to 45 days from the sent date.... I know, I had a package I shipped to Canada and it was taking awhile, so I asked at the post office... they won't even file a complaint on it for that long.

4th there may be a way to check it thru customs number, it will at least say whether customs has received the package and when or if it has not... doesn't mean it was sent on from customs though, so it may still be held there. But at least you'd know that it had been received by customs... and it doesn't matter whether the package is or isn't insured or have a tracking number, it has to have a customs number which if Cidien has, he can call and ask about it himself, or check online. But it is entirely possible that Rooster, like most of us, threw away his receipt after mailing the package... but as to why he didn't just tell Cidien that is beyond me...

And last...I just did an Ebay deal with Rooster less than a couple of weeks ago, didn't have a problem with receiving it, or communications from him... I know this has nothing to do with the issue at hand.. but I hope this gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction soon.

Tracking costs about $7 actually. Not 4 times more.... and JJ doesn't always send it from U.S. to U.S. even when he was doing that. (not sure he even does anymore at all)

And i've been waiting for this package for more than 30-45 day...

And I could do an ebay deal with r00ster right now if I wanted to. If he didn't send it to me i'd simply report him and force a refund. Ebays rather safe for that kind of thing.
Cidien Wrote:Tracking costs about $7 actually. Not 4 times more.... and JJ doesn't always send it from U.S. to U.S. even when he was doing that. (not sure he even does anymore at all)

And i've been waiting for this package for more than 30-45 day...

And I could do an ebay deal with r00ster right now if I wanted to. If he didn't send it to me i'd simply report him and force a refund. Ebays rather safe for that kind of thing.

Shipping plus tracking ends up costing 4 times more than shipping/tracking locally in the US. Well if you can find tracking that is, I've been told repeatedly by the post office that there is no tracking out of the country, and that's the same from other countries as well... Ask Bumperboy... he's shipped plenty of stuff to the US... any of it have tracking? Didn't think so. Now as to the insurance, I see they've finally added that... which is a good thing, with a set amount of coverage, so you really don't need to purchase it unless it is a more expensive item. As for waiting for the package, you could just now file a report of it being missing... same way with filing on Ebay, it has to be more than 30 days before you can file a report... so you'd still be waiting...

Regardless... there is no point in discussing it anymore... you've put up a warning in the $hitty Traders Thread, which is all you can do at this point, and it doesn't look like Rooster is going to say anything about this, like providing proof that your items were indeed mailed... so it's pretty much your word against his at this point.
They always tell me they aren't sure if there's tracking to wherever I send but every single time i've ever asked about it there is, it just costs like $7 extra.

And again it's not my word against his he didn't say anything, just up and left.
Cidien Wrote:They always tell me they aren't sure if there's tracking to wherever I send but every single time i've ever asked about it there is, it just costs like $7 extra.

And again it's not my word against his he didn't say anything, just up and left.
You reporting it..so just stop pressing it. Its getting kind of annoying and really unnecisary. All you needed was a comment on it in the $hitty trade thread.
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
[Image: guts20banner201smaller7jf.jpg]
Made By Blight ^
katherine_jean Wrote:You reporting it..so just stop pressing it. Its getting kind of annoying and really unnecisary. All you needed was a comment on it in the $hitty trade thread.

Just curious, but why do you keep writing things if you want me to stop posting? I'll stop posting when other people stop posting about it. Until then i'm going to respond and correct anything they post. I don't see how it's annoying. If you don't want to read it just don't. Nobody is forcing you to read any of this, so your posts are even more pointless than mine don't ya think?
Cidien Wrote:Just curious, but why do you keep writing things if you want me to stop posting? I'll stop posting when other people stop posting about it. Until then i'm going to respond and correct anything they post. I don't see how it's annoying. If you don't want to read it just don't. Nobody is forcing you to read any of this, so your posts are even more pointless than mine don't ya think?
Naw, Mines telling you to shut up basiclly. I mean seriously, you posted it..no need to make a thread about it. And of course its going to catch my attention, its about r00ster after all.

And thats kinda immature way to respond, in other words, your saying - "Ill shut up when you shut up." ..You sounds like the 8 year old boy I babysit. Except with a larger vocabulary.
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
Made By Blight ^
Now you're just being an ass. Like I said - as long as people keep posting I will keep responding. Now i'm going to be less polite. Either ignore this thread (it's not that hard - really - you should try it), shut the hell up or continue being an ass. Choice is yours.
Cidien Wrote:Now you're just being an ass. Like I said - as long as people keep posting I will keep responding. Now i'm going to be less polite. Either ignore this thread (it's not that hard - really - you should try it), shut the hell up or continue being an ass. Choice is yours.
Well... Thats a stupid way to tell someone not respond, you call them an ass.

-well.. last night I politely responded to it, not sure which thread it was -- however, I said you should just drop it, because theres no point continuing on with it. Did you listen? No. No you didnt.
I mean..you can talk about it all you want, it won't make any difference. The only reason Im responding here is because you called me an ass, other wise I would have ignored your response Rolleyes

Well, either way, doesnt make a difference in my life. And since theres no point to this thread, move it to the flame forum, or shut it down?
Made By Blight ^