Music
Blight Wrote:Well, I know how little sis?s can be.
My sister at this time is 18 nearly 19, & I'm 17... She's not younger, just less mature. When she was spreading crap between me & my friends she was my age, & you'd think that would be old enough to use fair judgement. Which I can't blame her, the guy that leads her on can have up to 3 or so girls at the same time, even when two of them know about each other. It's not exactly skill though, he just aims for mentally handicaped girls, & ones with no self esteem. -_-
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Batz Kage Wrote:My sister at this time is 18 nearly 19, & I'm 17... She's not younger, just less mature. When she was spreading crap between me & my friends she was my age, & you'd think that would be old enough to use fair judgement. Which I can't blame her, the guy that leads her on can have up to 3 or so girls at the same time, even when two of them know about each other. It's not exactly skill though, he just aims for mentally handicaped girls, & ones with no self esteem. -_-

My bad for the assumption. Just sounded like an annoying immature thing and just expected her to be younger than you.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
No worries Tongue

I forgot the whole reason I first mentioned the crappy bands she likes & why she likes them.

One thing I REALLY can't stand is people who listen to music for the image it give me them. Like with ICP. I'll admit, they're good at what they do, but I've seen guys sit around & talk about how "sick" their lyrics are & a whole lotta shit like that. As if it's original to sing about screwing dead people *rollseyes* so mature.
I guess it's not their fault they're uncultured..

I mean I listen to MSI & the fact that half of their songs turn into Jimmy screaming random cuss words is a bonus, but I mean just listen to their music, it's quite random & really out of control at times, it's the chaos I like, not the fact that the James drinks his own urine & then passes the cup off to his guitarist XD that's just funny as Hell, cause James thinks the sickest thing that there band has ever done was when Steve drank his pee, but the fans didn't care because it was the same cup James was drinking out of.

I guess to put it this way; I listen to MSI because of their wicked sounds & character as it does bleed over into the music, not because it makes me look cool, or makes me feel like a rebel -_-.

Hell, GWAR's BRDF song or whatever was more sick than most the things ICP could ever pull out their a$ses..(sadly GWAR only has one good song that I've heard, & that's Sadam-A-Go-Go).

Normally this issue boils down to Marilyn Manson fans. I know he has some good music, but most people I've ever known to brag about listening to him just want that 'yeah I'm crazy' appeal.

Although I have to admit, without gimic bands, there'd be a lot less good music...er, wait, maybe not...

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

Batz Kage Wrote:Although I have to admit, without gimic bands, there'd be a lot less good music...er, wait, maybe not...
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I listen to whatever I feel like at the time, but mostly I guess punk and Japanese. And yes, I hate the people who use punk for an image. They are the ones that ruined the genre :mad: !
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
I must admit though, it's hard for me to claim punk is really dead when having listened to my Fat Music cds. Those that don't know what they are, Fat Mike produces comps with all the bands that's signed to Fat Wreckcords. They're really good bands, with an older sound. Mostly because they are older bands Tongue, but they're good stuff. I never show enough respect to bands like Lagwagon, Screeching Weasel, & Strung Out. *is content*

Hmmm when did greenday become punk? thats still like saying Nirvana is god. Anyway about GWAR the B.D.F Song was pulled off the album years ago. and i do believe GWAR has plenty of great songs besides saddam a go go. its always weird that everyone mentions that song and meat sandwich because they made videos that were shown on MTV. Just as any other band that launches maybe a video or two. Danzig is another good example, everyone knows the song ' mother' yet its not even that great of a song compared to 90% of his stuff anyway.

Now ICP is just annoying, i listen to music to hear music not garbage. In my opinion not many newer bands are even worth my time anymore. The only new music i ever find thats worth a damn is maybe black and death metal just because they actually know how to play worth a crap. NU Metal mostly sounds the same and all these people do is whine or try really hard to sound so.
It's all EVIL!!
wow... GWAR is still around?
I remember seeing them back in the mid 80s and their show stands out as one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen. I've never really been a fan of that style of music but a GWAR concert is an experience that has to be seen to be believed.

I can't even imagine MTV playing one of their videos unless they've toned things down in a HUGE way.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Hell yeah dude!! Gwar is still around in fact they play live here in NM atleast twice a year. im always there.
It's all EVIL!!
justin Wrote:its always weird that everyone mentions that song and meat sandwich because they made videos that were shown on MTV. Just as any other band that launches maybe a video or two. Danzig is another good example, everyone knows the song ' mother' yet its not even that great of a song compared to 90% of his stuff anyway.

Now ICP is just annoying, i listen to music to hear music not garbage. In my opinion not many newer bands are even worth my time anymore.

Well, to be honest, I only know who GWAR is because their appearance in Empire Records, & the video was on the DVD. I loved the song so I went to their webiste & d/led a few sopngs, but didn't like them. I like the Vlad the Impaler live recording on the dvd, but the mp3 I d/led sounded different.

As for Danzig, I listened to his music because I recognised his voice in Mother (from GTA). I've seen the video ages ago, but thought it was a Misfits song. It's a good song, and I like a few other of his songs, but none reach his talents of when he was in the Misfits (even though I'm no real big fan of theirs).

ICP is cool in that Violent J, & the other guy are into Back Yard Wrestling. Err, the band. Well I didn't like their sexually agressive style at first, but after a while I just started to look at them a bunch of flashy show offs looking to piss people off & have a good time, but I think their joker card bs, is just that retarded.

justin Wrote:Hmmm when did greenday become punk? thats still like saying Nirvana is god. Anyway about GWAR the B.D.F Song was pulled off the album years ago. and i do believe GWAR has plenty of great songs besides saddam a go go. its always weird that everyone mentions that song and meat sandwich because they made videos that were shown on MTV. Just as any other band that launches maybe a video or two. Danzig is another good example, everyone knows the song ' mother' yet its not even that great of a song compared to 90% of his stuff anyway.

Now ICP is just annoying, i listen to music to hear music not garbage. In my opinion not many newer bands are even worth my time anymore. The only new music i ever find thats worth a damn is maybe black and death metal just because they actually know how to play worth a crap. NU Metal mostly sounds the same and all these people do is whine or try really hard to sound so.
Greenday converted to punk with the release of American Idiot. And don't knock Nirvana, they kicked ass Big Grin .
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Greenday is Pop/Rock.

And yes, Nirvana does rock.
onizuka17711 Wrote:Greenday converted to punk with the release of American Idiot. And don't knock Nirvana, they kicked ass Big Grin .
So when they tried to be like NoFx...ok I guess I really have no proof, but honestly, I've always seen them as the younger pop brother of NoFx. American idiot to me was just them trying to jump on the bandwagon again to get cash. They go with whatever will sell there cds. Guess you can't blame them for that, but I mean come on, can't they just pick an image & stay with it.
When they came out they were some crap like "punk Rock" Then they tried a little bit of pop, & ended up pop-punk, & now thye look like they're trying to get in on punk & emo again.
"They are the moron borthers, don't along with others, they whine they bitch, they'll **** you if you're rich." "They may not go down in history, but they'll go down on your sister." XD wonderful song. One of NoFx/Rancid (don't remember which band actually did the song) best barbs other than the NoFx song that says "Fu*k the fans of Blink 182, that's illeagal if you were born in 83"

I like a few Green Day songs, but nothing really before American Idiot. Even that wasn't really my taste.
^^Made by Blight

Nofx is one of the greatist punk bands of all time. I have listened to them for awhile, I really like some of their stuff they did in the 90's.
-spike- Wrote:Nofx is one of the greatist punk bands of all time. I have listened to them for awhile, I really like some of their stuff they did in the 90's.
Any band that makes a song about their fat cat kicks ass, though Fat Mike's voice sorta annoys me...
^^Made by Blight

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Culture Ryo's Tastes In Music Thread Batz Kage 5 5,135 08-16-2005, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Nina182B