Viz picks up Naruto
Last Exile Wrote:VIZ did a very bad job translating the Naruto manga i have teh first volume and im comparing to the one i got from a fansub seller i got the sereis from and his version is so much better they dont make up new things like "ninja centerfold" (which should be "Sexy No Jutsu" ) thats not what its called in the series or the real manga, also alot of other things like viz"HOW BIG A FOOL ARE YOU" real"YOU DUMBASS" viz"LOOOOSERS, WANNA-BE'S!" real"SHUT UP YOU IDIOTS" viz"I RULE AND YOU DROOL" real"BUT I CAN I AM INCREDIBLE"

with all those you can see how diffrent the translation is. also how naruto would not say i rule you drool. thats is not what he would say if you have seen the first episode even the subbs dont say that when he is painting on the hokage monument. its just going to be sad now how bad they will fuck this series up in the dubb. its just sad.

-LE
Am I the only one who never has any idea what the hell you're talkng about?
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:Am I the only one who never has any idea what the hell you're talkng about?
Nope..

Im pretty lost myself. T_T
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
[Image: guts20banner201smaller7jf.jpg]
Made By Blight ^
katherine_jean Wrote:Nope..

Im pretty lost myself. T_T
Glad I'm not the only one...Usually when LE posts, I have to wait until someone makes fun of him for it before I can understand what the hell he's talking about Big Grin .
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:Glad I'm not the only one...Usually when LE posts, I have to wait until someone makes fun of him for it before I can understand what the hell he's talking about Big Grin .
He...?

I always imagined LE as being an old anime loving lady... :eek: :eek: :eek:

*Hides before she gets killed*

Sorry..^^'
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
Made By Blight ^
I actually understood what he was saying, but I think he is wrong. Fan subs are just that, a fan sitting there and making their translation of the manga (in this case). Unless you can read it in its original form, who?s to say that they didn't change stuff around, or just not understand something right? I will say that he is probably right in a considerable amount of instances, because stuff is always changed in the translation to avoid context and cultural misunderstandings, but we can't know for sure unless we had more input from other translators...but man he needed to use a word processor or something. It almost (and did apparently) contrived what he had to say.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
i must say i feel sorry for "mr Punch Bag"... you know who im talkin about...Wink
thats why i try to lay off of him as im "far to kind" Wink
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Last Exile Wrote:VIZ did a very bad job translating the Naruto manga i have teh first volume and im comparing to the one i got from a fansub seller i got the sereis from and his version is so much better they dont make up new things like "ninja centerfold" (which should be "Sexy No Jutsu" ) thats not what its called in the series or the real manga, also alot of other things like viz"HOW BIG A FOOL ARE YOU" real"YOU DUMBASS" viz"LOOOOSERS, WANNA-BE'S!" real"SHUT UP YOU IDIOTS" viz"I RULE AND YOU DROOL" real"BUT I CAN I AM INCREDIBLE"

with all those you can see how diffrent the translation is. also how naruto would not say i rule you drool. thats is not what he would say if you have seen the first episode even the subbs dont say that when he is painting on the hokage monument. its just going to be sad now how bad they will fuck this series up in the dubb. its just sad.

-LE

Bet you wish ADV licensed it now, huh? Am I right? Huh? Am I? You know I am.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Lmao :d :d :d
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
rav96 Wrote:Lmao :d :d :d

Hey Rav... should you really be goin' around advertising yourself as "GOD OF BUKKAKE"? That's kind of wearin' your fetish on your sleev, isn't it? Wink
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Viz is an "ok" company to me, they released lots of awesome manga like Alice 19th and Fushigi Yugi. But I do not like the way they release their dvds like: Inuyasha: sometimes 3-4 episodes per dvd, Ceres: 3 episodes making it 8 volumes to buy total, etc. IMO they like to distribute about 3-4 eps per dvd so they would make profits I think, also they did a very very poor job on Ceres Celestial legend the anime. The dub was terribly awful........ who agrees with me? ^^'
Kiruyuki Wrote:Viz is an "ok" company to me, they released lots of awesome manga like Alice 19th and Fushigi Yugi. But I do not like the way they release their dvds like: Inuyasha: sometimes 3-4 episodes per dvd, Ceres: 3 episodes making it 8 volumes to buy total, etc. IMO they like to distribute about 3-4 eps per dvd so they would make profits I think, also they did a very very poor job on Ceres Celestial legend the anime. The dub was terribly awful........ who agrees with me? ^^'
*shoots hand up*

Couldnt agree more, damnit.
I hated the dub ^^
Withen the first 5 seconds, after hearing Aya's winey assed voice, I knew I had to stick to the Japanese track :p
I can see your a Watase fan.

Another dub I didnt like was Ranma, the english voices where...lacking.
Made By Blight ^
Inuyasha was average to me. Kagome's voice didn't show a lot of expression during the dramatic parts. Inuyasha's voiceover was "ok" it was just lacking in way.
Kiruyuki Wrote:Inuyasha was average to me. Kagome's voice didn't show a lot of expression during the dramatic parts. Inuyasha's voiceover was "ok" it was just lacking in way.
well, I personally hated the Viz dub of Inu Yasha, (that might have something to do with the fact I hate most dubs), Ranma dubed bugged me. Key the Metal Idol was..er.okay, but, alot of the voices where lame, and either way over or way under done. (With the expection of Key. That was her role)
Made By Blight ^
katherine_jean Wrote:well, I personally hated the Viz dub of Inu Yasha, (that might have something to do with the fact I hate most dubs), Ranma dubed bugged me. Key the Metal Idol was..er.okay, but, alot of the voices where lame, and either way over or way under done. (With the expection of Key. That was her role)

I don't like the dub work that was done on InuYasha, but Ranma and Key I can only watch in English.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
katherine_jean Wrote:He...?

I always imagined LE as being an old anime loving lady... :eek: :eek: :eek:

*Hides before she gets killed*

Sorry..^^'
Hehe, nice :p .
^^Made by Blight