Viz picks up Naruto
I hope the fansubs dont stop, I must watch the rest of the show!

Just saw this on animesuki.com

Naruto "licensed" by ShoPro Entertainment
On February 15th ShoPro Entertainment announced it was appointed the main licensor for Naruto in the USA. This has lead many to claim Naruto has been licensed. However AnimeSuki sees ShoPro only as a middle-man and not an anime company which releases anime themselves. As such we're not marking it licensed yet. Please note that this situtation may change at any time. Also the ShoPro "license" means Naruto is now much more likely to be licensed in the US, especially by VIZ.
sorry to say but this was stated today:

"Following Cartoon Network's announcement regarding Naruto, fansub torrent site AnimeSuki has marked the series licensed and removed links to Naruto fansubs."

Also cartoon network will air Naruto this year, 3rd quarter. also they have piced up the liscence to OnePiece so this will start airing in may( i wonder if they will get another company to re dubb it or just air it as is) good news to see CN will air the show but it wont air in [adult swim] it will air on Toonami.

CN Press release:

Cartoon Network Unveils New Shows, Original Programming Franchise and Acquisitions at 2005 Kids Upfront Presentation

In 2005, Cartoon Network will telecast brand new series and acquisitions, launch an original programming franchise for young viewers and their parents and support a healthy lifestyle initiative, it was announced today at Cartoon Network?s Upfront presentation to advertising executives and the media in New York. Cartoon Network will air more than 400 new half-hours, including five new animated series, new episodes of returning original series and new acquisitions.

On Monday, Feb. 21, Cartoon Network will launch a national healthy lifestyles initiative targeted to kids 6-14 entitled GET ANIMATED, a comprehensive on-air, online, print and off-channel campaign. The branded program will tap the network?s roster of original cartoon characters and distinctive 3D on-air environment to communicate positive lifestyle messages through multiple PSAs to air in Cartoon Network?s morning, afternoon and prime time dayparts.

Tickle U: This new programming franchise, Tickle U, will focus on developing, nurturing and valuing a child?s sense of humor, an essential aspect of a happy, well-adjusted child. The franchise?s newly developed and acquired series also will be packaged within a distinctive, cohesive on-air environment with a live host. Aimed at kids 2-5, Tickle U will air weekdays from 9-11 a.m. (ET, PT) with fun, funny and fearless animated programming presented by its host, Marty, an adult with a kid?s unlimited imagination and big heart. Marty will inspire kids to sing along, play and, most importantly, laugh with him and his characters. Tickle U will be set in Marty?s cool, bright and slightly askew workshop where he can build and fix anything. Throughout the block, Marty will engage kids with comedic skits and activities that will let kids be kids while developing a sense of humor and self-esteem.
New Shows:

Krypto the Superdog: Premiering on Cartoon Network on weekdays beginning Monday, April 4, at 9 a.m. (ET, PT), Krypto the Superdog chronicles the comedic canine adventures of Metropolis? day-saving super dog from the planet Krypton. Krypto jettisons to Earth after orbiting countless years in space as a test-pilot puppy aboard a malfunctioning rocket ship built by Superman?s father. Landing astray on unfamiliar terrain, the fully-grown Krypto swiftly seeks out companionship on Earth and flips over Kevin Whitney, a young boy who also longs for friendship. Endowed with an amazing array of superhero powers, ranging from heat vision to super strength to flying, Krypto partners with best pal Kevin to fight threats to the safety and well-being of the people and animals of Metropolis. Krypto the Superdog will provide a lead-in to Tickle U when that franchise launches in August.

IGPX: IGPX (The Immortal Grand Prix) is set to debut in November and takes viewers inside the world of the ?Immortal Grand Prix? with a team on their way to the championship race. For the new series, Cartoon Network partnered with Production I.G., the famed Japanese animation studio responsible for Ghost in the Shell and animation sequences in Kill Bill. The year is 2048 and the ?IGPX? has become the world?s most-popular sport. It?s so big that an entire city was built for the racing industry and competitions are held on a huge, 60-mile track called ?The Big Eye.? Two teams of three robots, each with a human pilot, race at speeds greater than 350 mph for the checkered flag. Team Satomi, a crew of amateur pilots, has just won a minor-league championship and now find themselves vaulted into the sport?s highest level- the IG-1. Now, the untested rookies of Team Satomi must overcome impossible odds and beat the world?s most skilled pilots (and ruthless opponents) in the planet's biggest event, the ?Immortal Grand Prix.?

My Gym Partner is a Monkey: In Cartoon Network?s new animated series My Gym Partner is a Monkey, going to school almost literally becomes a trip to the jungle. Through an administrative mix-up (a typo changing ?Lyon? to ?Lion?), 12-year-old Adam Lyon becomes the only human student at Charles Darwin Middle School, where the animal inhabitants of the local zoo and aquarium send their kids. With signs that warn, ?Do Not Eat the Other Students,? Adam has his hands full just making it through middle school alive. Fortunately, Adam meets Jake Spider Monkey, and the two become fast friends. However, Adam is quick to discover that having a monkey as a best buddy is as crazy as it is fun. The half-hour series, from creators Julie McNally Cahill and Tim Cahill, will debut in early 2006.
New Episodes of Returning Series:

Atomic Betty: To her friends and family, Betty is the sweet and brainy girl next door. But when the galaxy beckons, she sheds her humdrum persona and becomes ?Atomic Betty, Galactic Guardian and Defender of the Cosmos.? The first of 26 new episodes of Atomic Betty will air Sunday, March 6, at 8:30 p.m. (ET, PT), following Totally Spies as part of Cartoon Network?s Sunday night girl-power extravaganza. Atomic Betty will air daily beginning in summer.

Teen Titans: Seventeen new episodes bring new and exciting changes for the Teen Titans in 2005. Cyborg has a final showdown with Brother Blood and the Teen Titans move to a new tower with five new members. This year, Aqualad, Bumblebee and Speedy pitch in to help the Teen Titans.

Justice League Unlimited: This season, Black Canary, Shayera, Vigilante, Vixen and The Question step up to face such villains as Lex Luthor, Felix Faust and Tobias Whale. And Superman takes on Cadmus in a battle that will determine the future of the league. Twenty-three new episodes will air in 2005.

D.I.C.E: D.I.C.E (DNA Integrated Cybernetic Enterprises) is a large organization established to deal with emergencies occurring throughout the Sarbylion galaxy. D.I.C.E F-99 is the only unit comprised entirely of highly trained kids. When a problem arises in the Sarbylion galaxy, D.I.C.E is called to the rescue. And when their special training isn?t enough, they rely on their Dinobreakers to help get the job done. Twenty-six episodes will air in 2005.

Dragonball GT: Goku, Trunks and Pan set out on their quest to recover the bizarre Black Star dragon balls, which were scattered across the entire galaxy after Goku was transformed into his boyhood state. If Goku cannot succeed in collecting the dragon balls, the planet on which the wish was made will explode. Goku has only one year to save the Earth. The quest continues with 16 new episodes in 2005.

Duel Masters: The animé series about Shobu, a master of an engrossing playing card game who can bring the cards? creatures to life, will return in March with 26 new episodes.
Acquisitions:

Code LYOKO: Cartoon Network has acquired 26 additional episodes of the animated series that blends traditional 2D and 3D animation. Code LYOKO tells the story of a group of students who uncover a parallel digital world named LYOKO that is threatened by a deadly virus that could ultimately destroy Earth.

Zatch Bell: The new series takes viewers to the world of good and evil demons as Zatch Bell seeks to become the benevolent king over all of the demons that have come to Earth to conduct the ultimate battle. Reluctant as he may be to fight against the evil demons, Zatch battles his adversaries with the help of his human friend, Kory. The power of the duo grows stronger as their relationship develops. Cartoon Network has acquired 52 episodes of Zatch Bell, which will debut in March.

One Piece: A boy, whose body has the properties of rubber, and his friends are on the search for the treasure left behind by a pirate king called ?One Piece.? Whoever finds this treasure will become King of the Pirates. One Piece will begin in May.

Naruto: Twelve years ago, a nasty demon decimated a village but was contained in a baby who is now a student at a ninja academy. But this antisocial boy does not know that he is possessed. As he evolves as a ninja, his inner demon gives him more and more powers. To become a master ninja, he must learn to control his powers without destroying those around him. The series is scheduled to air in third quarter.
clicl the link for more from the press release :
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pressrelease.php?id=852

-----------------------------------------

so there it is some bad and some good news about naruto.
also everyone dont turn this into a sub vs. dub thread. its going to be closed if it keeps up. so try and stay away from that fight.
thanks.

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
Cidien Wrote:Yes, I understood what you said. Now understand what I said.
No, I thought surfrider misunderstood me. And I'm not doing dub vs. sub, just stating that I disliked the English voice acting of Inuyasha and hope that Naruto gets a dub with voices that match the characters better.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
AonE will continue to sub Naruto episodes.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cf...erthread=y
At least 4Kids ain't gonna rape it. I think pre-2000 Viz when it came to dubbing with Ocean Studios was a lot better. But I remember a guy did a rant on the translations of the manga and I did agree with him on almost everything, but I just didn't like how he expressed it. Then again, it's better than 4Kids.

I thought VIZ's Fatal Fury/Garou Densetsu's dub was way superior to the orignial Japanese version. I hope with the right actors, they can get Naruto right from the start to go pretty good. I used to like Ranma's dub until they got Richard 'Dick' Cox to do Ranma. I personally don't like his portrayl of Inuyasha myself, but I think he did a good job as Kai in the Gundam dub.

I think Mark Hildreth would make a great Kakashi, the guy who played Talpa in Ronin Warriors would make a great Sandaime, Scott McNeil could make an ok Gai he's very talented when it comes to being either raspy or high pitched, I could see Matt Hill playing Iruka, his personality suits his voice.

Quote:Dragonball GT: Goku, Trunks and Pan set out on their quest to recover the bizarre Black Star dragon balls, which were scattered across the entire galaxy after Goku was transformed into his boyhood state. If Goku cannot succeed in collecting the dragon balls, the planet on which the wish was made will explode. Goku has only one year to save the Earth. The quest continues with 16 new episodes in 2005.

THEY'RE NOT DONE WITH GT???!!! THAT IS SO FRICKIN' LAME!!!! IT'S A SHORT SERIES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! WHY SO SLOW PLACED??!!

I wish they would air Hajime no Ippo on TV.
[Image: passion.txt]
-spike- Wrote:AonE will continue to sub Naruto episodes.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cf...erthread=y

Good news. Where can I find AonE?
elcoholic Wrote:Good news. Where can I find AonE?
I just use Ares...

http://www.aresgalaxy.org I think... Its a P2P program, I like it alot better than Kazaa. They's also got alot of Toriyama World fansubs, which are well done (I personally like the AonE and AnbU(sp?) because of the pont and colour. Big Grin )

Edit: I changed the link, sorry too anyone who went to the wrong one =P Aaaand, the version I have is 1.8.1, works like a charm.
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
[Image: guts20banner201smaller7jf.jpg]
Made By Blight ^
No, the only way you can watch any kind of anime is in Japanese. That is the only way to do it, english dubbers suck. It isn't even like tangerines and oranges it's like oranges and rotten moldy orange goo. A lot of people never spend the time to watch anime in Japanese and say english is better - it isn't. But I do have to say, if you ever want to laugh to tears watch anime in english after watching it in Japanese, the pathetic quality (of english dubs) is hilarious. I've never laughed so hard then to watch GTO in english, it's just... so wrong...
Let the bitching regarding Vizs' crimes to humanity begin! Oh wait it already has. :d
elcoholic Wrote:Good news. Where can I find AonE?
http://www.gotwoot.net
Does this mean that they will dis-continue the Fan subs? Because I really i am getting into the fansubs! :confused:
Twilight Wrote:No, the only way you can watch any kind of anime is in Japanese. That is the only way to do it, english dubbers suck. It isn't even like tangerines and oranges it's like oranges and rotten moldy orange goo. A lot of people never spend the time to watch anime in Japanese and say english is better - it isn't. But I do have to say, if you ever want to laugh to tears watch anime in english after watching it in Japanese, the pathetic quality (of english dubs) is hilarious. I've never laughed so hard then to watch GTO in english, it's just... so wrong...

So are you one of our regular idiots who made a new name to try to bitch annonomously or are you a new idiot? You know what's like trying to compare oranges to a rotten orange like goo? The average persons intelligence vs. blind sub lovers. Sub lovers just never know when to shut up, and never understand that people don't care what they think.
Twilight Wrote:No, the only way you can watch any kind of anime is in Japanese. That is the only way to do it, english dubbers suck. It isn't even like tangerines and oranges it's like oranges and rotten moldy orange goo. A lot of people never spend the time to watch anime in Japanese and say english is better - it isn't. But I do have to say, if you ever want to laugh to tears watch anime in english after watching it in Japanese, the pathetic quality (of english dubs) is hilarious. I've never laughed so hard then to watch GTO in english, it's just... so wrong...

Hmm, STFU, that about says it all. I hate dub and sub supremacists. There are times to hate something before it is done, like when 4 Kids gets a show, but dubbing isn't like it used to be. There are still plenty of examples of how to do it wrong, but saying all dubbing is $hit is like saying all ice cream is bad because there is anchovy flavor. I'll watch what ever clicks with me best. I laugh when I watch Hakusho in Japanese cause everything is just so different than what I am used to, not cause I think it is bad. When will people learn that it all comes down to the specific series and just stop being ignorant?
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I thought the dub for GTO was pretty good. Maybe it's just me?

And also: Sorry for starting the subs vs. dubs discussion again everyone Sad !
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
So will they continue the fan sub if the show is being licensed?