Viz picks up Naruto
onizuka17711 Wrote:I thought the dub for GTO was pretty good. Maybe it's just me?

And also: Sorry for starting the subs vs. dubs discussion again everyone Sad !

I thought the GTO dub was pretty good. Onizuka especially had a great voice. Some of the girls had really crappy forced voices though. A couple just annoyed the hell outta me.
jarjar111 Wrote:Does this mean that they will dis-continue the Fan subs? Because I really i am getting into the fansubs! :confused:
If you read my post above, it says that they will continue to sub Naruto episodes. DB will also continue to sub Naruto eps.

Also, I found a really good torret site which you can download Naruto from if you would like.
http://www.torrentspy.com

I thought the dub on GTO was really good also. Although it was hard for me to get used to Onizuka's english voice at first because he has the same voice actor as Spike from Bebop.
Since it's aimed at kids, how much will it be toned down from the Japanese version? I would like to see how they translate the numerous jutsu's.
tahbasco Wrote:Since it's aimed at kids, how much will it be toned down from the Japanese version? I would like to see how they translate the numerous jutsu's.

If you don't want it toned down buy the dvds.
Cidien Wrote:If you don't want it toned down buy the dvds.

That still leaves the issue of the jutsu tech. ?The art of me and my shadow? sounds F?en weak compared to how it sounds untranslated. That is probably the area of the localization that the sub supremacists will jump on the hardest. As long as they make the attacks sound badass, I don?t care if they take liberties with the translating the names.

Edit: I mean the names of techniques, if they changed Uzumaki Naruto to "Whirlpool Fishcake" (the literal translation) it would be bad, but I think Brian Smith or anything of the like would be worse.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Cidien Wrote:If you don't want it toned down buy the dvds.

Nobody's complaining, I was looking for an opinion.
tahbasco Wrote:Nobody's complaining, I was looking for an opinion.

Well, what I said was about how they handled the justsu in the manga (art of me and my shadow, ha ha ha), and viz did do that.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:Well, what I said was about how they handled the justsu in the manga (art of me and my shadow, ha ha ha), and viz did do that.

Hopefully they will have them say kage bunshin no jitsu. More likely they will have them say something like shadow divided art. If they have them say art of me and my shadow I will not buy the R1's. The only things they could do more dumb than that is make the girl who played sailor moon voice naruto or change the music. Lord help us all if they are dumb enough to change the music. Still think tokyopop should go bankrupt for being dumb enough to replace the awesome initial d music with stupidass rap crap.
Well, I don't blame the people who don't like the attack translations (Valentine Attack?), but I know in the Ranma dub, they keep some of the attack names in it's original (but butchered pronounciation) Japanese sometimes. But the subtitles will tend to translate them.

Quote:The only things they could do more dumb than that is make the girl who played sailor moon voice naruto or change the music. Lord help us all if they are dumb enough to change the music. Still think tokyopop should go bankrupt for being dumb enough to replace the awesome initial d music with stupidass rap crap.

I don't think the Sailor Moon dub studios is ocean studios. Anyway, I think the girl who played Akane in the Ranma dub would fit Sakura. I think Sarah Strange who did male Ranma in the first 3 seasons would do good as Naruto (I thought she did a great job as Ranma). I'm not sure who can fill Sasuke's role. I know the guy who played Geese Howard in the Fatal Fury dub would do great as Zabuza.

As for Initial D by TokyoPop ::pukes::. I'm already watching 4th Stage and I already have up to volume 30 of the manga in Chinese so I don't have to deal with TokyoPop's crap. I heard the translations even the subtitles are horribly innacurate. I heard they did some "trick out" features with the races. I remember some dude at TokyoPop said that "subtitles ruin the art," when he does stupid features that now make it look like a high school end of the year video.
[Image: passion.txt]
ParaParaJMo Wrote:I don't think the Sailor Moon dub studios is ocean studios.

Was being sarcastic.
VIZ did a very bad job translating the Naruto manga i have teh first volume and im comparing to the one i got from a fansub seller i got the sereis from and his version is so much better they dont make up new things like "ninja centerfold" (which should be "Sexy No Jutsu" ) thats not what its called in the series or the real manga, also alot of other things like viz"HOW BIG A FOOL ARE YOU" real"YOU DUMBASS" viz"LOOOOSERS, WANNA-BE'S!" real"SHUT UP YOU IDIOTS" viz"I RULE AND YOU DROOL" real"BUT I CAN I AM INCREDIBLE"

with all those you can see how diffrent the translation is. also how naruto would not say i rule you drool. thats is not what he would say if you have seen the first episode even the subbs dont say that when he is painting on the hokage monument. its just going to be sad now how bad they will fuck this series up in the dubb. its just sad.

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
Unfortunately they probably have to do that due to parents moaning. It makes financial sense to do so, as it maximises the potential audience.
CrayonShinChan Wrote:Unfortunately they probably have to do that due to parents moaning. It makes financial sense to do so, as it maximises the potential audience.
How I despise little kids....always ruining everything . First they make my hockey games "family friendly" and now tone down my anime...Damn them!
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:How I despise little kids....always ruining everything . First they make my hockey games "family friendly" and now tone down my anime...Damn them!
That whole "family friendly" and non-offensive thing seems quite prevalent in the USA although it is not exclusive to american society. The worst thing is its infectiousness towards other countries. >.>
CrayonShinChan Wrote:That whole "family friendly" and non-offensive thing seems quite prevalent in the USA although it is not exclusive to american society. The worst thing is its infectiousness towards other countries. >.>
Hockey games were never meant for little kids to begin with...That cocksucker Gary Bettman is ruining the sport :mad: .
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka