do you think people should have certain speaking rights
Remember what I said about the U.S., well...God bless Texas.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
I think many more things are black and white then we seem to think. In fact i think that

because we have distorted the black and white lines we have become to believe that many

areas are grey. Such as Murder is never right but lets say someone commits a bad crime

and the town people kill him then in some places in the world the town people were doing no

wrong when of course Murder is always wrong (murder not killing there is a big difference). I

think we have lost sight of what is right and wrong. Of course i will agree that some things

that are grey people seem to think are black and white like calling a black person the N word

sometimes it's bad other times it's not depending on who is saying it. For me it would be

wrong but for some people it wouldn't. but in the case of Aborition it is black and white

and i am not going to say which way i believe but i will say abortion is either always wrong

or it is always right and always ok to have the choice once again im not going to say what

side im on cus i don't want this forum to turn into one about abortion besides i don't keep

up with these enough anyways.

Peace

Cyrus
Cyrus
Cyrus Wrote:I think many more things are black and white then we seem to think. In fact i think that

because we have distorted the black and white lines we have become to believe that many

areas are grey. Such as Murder is never right but lets say someone commits a bad crime

and the town people kill him then in some places in the world the town people were doing no

wrong when of course Murder is always wrong (murder not killing there is a big difference). I

think we have lost sight of what is right and wrong. Of course i will agree that some things

that are grey people seem to think are black and white like calling a black person the N word

sometimes it's bad other times it's not depending on who is saying it. For me it would be

wrong but for some people it wouldn't. but in the case of Aborition it is black and white

and i am not going to say which way i believe but i will say abortion is either always wrong

or it is always right and always ok to have the choice once again im not going to say what

side im on cus i don't want this forum to turn into one about abortion besides i don't keep

up with these enough anyways.

Peace

Cyrus

I must disagree with you, all things are gray, even the colors black and white. Because our interpretations of right and wrong, good and evil are, at least a base level, personal opinions, they are therefore subject to interpretation. Circumstances also rule what makes something have an inclination to either the darker or lighter side of the moral spectrum. Take murder for example. What exactly is murder to you? How do you define it? It could be a totally different set of conditions involved in what you see a murder and what I think murder is. One good example that I always think of when people start saying right and wrong is absolute is that I believe in revenge, Eye for a MFen Eye, while other?s see it as ?going down to someone else level? or some other weak BS. If a dude were to kill someone I loved, he had better hope the cops get him before I do cause I?d kill their ass.

The point is that some things are indeed Black some things are indeed white, but both black and white are simply the most extreme shades of gray.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:I must disagree with you, all things are gray, even the colors black and white. Because our interpretations of right and wrong, good and evil are, at least a base level, personal opinions, they are therefore subject to interpretation. Circumstances also rule what makes something have an inclination to either the darker or lighter side of the moral spectrum. Take murder for example. What exactly is murder to you? How do you define it? It could be a totally different set of conditions involved in what you see a murder and what I think murder is. One good example that I always think of when people start saying right and wrong is absolute is that I believe in revenge, Eye for a MFen Eye, while other?s see it as ?going down to someone else level? or some other weak BS. If a dude were to kill someone I loved, he had better hope the cops get him before I do cause I?d kill their ass.

The point is that some things are indeed Black some things are indeed white, but both black and white are simply the most extreme shades of gray.

I agree with everything you said particularly because in order to judge something or someone we must know both side of the story and many times we don't. Therefore, even our interpretation of the facts might be at fault.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Blight Wrote:I must disagree with you, all things are gray, even the colors black and white. Because our interpretations of right and wrong, good and evil are, at least a base level, personal opinions, they are therefore subject to interpretation. Circumstances also rule what makes something have an inclination to either the darker or lighter side of the moral spectrum. Take murder for example. What exactly is murder to you? How do you define it? It could be a totally different set of conditions involved in what you see a murder and what I think murder is. One good example that I always think of when people start saying right and wrong is absolute is that I believe in revenge, Eye for a MFen Eye, while other?s see it as ?going down to someone else level? or some other weak BS. If a dude were to kill someone I loved, he had better hope the cops get him before I do cause I?d kill their ass.

That is where I disagree with you Blight. I believe that some things are black and white,

although black and white have shades of gray. We all know there are exceptions so there

will always be a gray area, at least in most things. Also if someone did that to someone I

loved that would be my first thought as well. However, I would probably after a long

period of time think about letting him live in a prison for life. Maybe even an abandoned

one. What we must keep in perspective however, is the fact that our culture dictates our

views on Black and White to a certain extent. Other factors include parents and

upbringing, types of schools we go to etc. Thus what we view as black and white another

person might not. Also Andromeda I agree with you as well that we must know both sides

of the story. Anyway that is just what I think.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
black, white, and gray.....
lets just put some red, blue, green, yellow, and violet to make a nice rainbow instead.
and at the end we can find a leprechaun with a pot full of gold, sounds good to me. Big Grin
[Image: ffc.jpg]
onizuka17711 Wrote:That can't be right. Bush has put us in the hole 5 trilllion since taking office. Maybe we were a few years back, but certainly not now.

According to the latest data America has a GDP - per capita of $37800, the same as Norway. So if you prefer you can say America ranks 3rd and Norway ranks 2nd because they're basically in the same position. As I said before, only Luxembourg with its GDP - per capita of $55100 is richer. You guys are still wealthy, despite what Bush has been doing. We should all be so lucky!
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Also if someone did that to someone I loved that would be my first thought as well. However, I would probably after a long period of time think about letting him live in a prison for life. Maybe even an abandoned one.

There are punishments much worse than death.
Gemini Wrote:black, white, and gray.....
lets just put some red, blue, green, yellow, and violet to make a nice rainbow instead.
and at the end we can find a leprechaun with a pot full of gold, sounds good to me. Big Grin

Ha ha ha, that?s funny. I was thinking about something similar. There was no rainbows or leprechauns but it does seem like we needed to upgrade to color in this discussion.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:There are punishments much worse than death.
Yeah, if someone killed one of my family or good friends, they'd beg for death before I'd be through with them.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Andromeda18_ Wrote:According to the latest data America has a GDP - per capita of $37800, the same as Norway. So if you prefer you can say America ranks 3rd and Norway ranks 2nd because they're basically in the same position. As I said before, only Luxembourg with its GDP - per capita of $55100 is richer. You guys are still wealthy, despite what Bush has been doing. We should all be so lucky!

Actually, the rich bastards over here that make that number so high should be so lucky. The middle class is continually shrinking and becoming disenfranchised from the rest of the population. The rich are getting richer and everyone else over here is getting poorer. I will say that we have no room to gripe that things are horrible though. It could be worse, but it would be better if we didn?t have a chimpanzee for our nations leader.
onizuka17711 Wrote:Yeah, if someone killed one of my family or good friends, they'd beg for death before I'd be through with them.

I was going to say that, but I decide to keep my 10,000 ball bearings of pain torture ritual to myself, at the risk of sounding demented. Oh well though. Rolleyes
Blight Wrote:The rich are getting richer and everyone else over here is getting poorer.

That's been happening everywhere.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:That's been happening everywhere.

Yeah, and it stinks. Sad
Blight Wrote:I was going to say that, but I decide to keep my 10,000 ball bearings of pain torture ritual to myself, at the risk of sounding demented. Oh well though. Rolleyes
Yeah, I thought it sounded kinda like you when I said it :p .
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka