do you think people should have certain speaking rights
I'm from the Midwest as well (Missouri). And yes, it is hot in the summer and cold in the winters. I like it but it is sometimes annoying.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
my thoughts exactly
[Image: ffc.jpg]
elcoholic Wrote:I don't have a problem with people having respect for their country, I just don't like the our country is better than any other county which is essentially what I think the pledge tries to drill into you and is enforced by almost every speach a US president makes. Like the end of a speach is always 'god bless america' and then I think, why not bless the whole world and not just the US while your at it. Smile

I believe I can answer that. The U.S. needs the blessings more not because we are better

than anybody else but because we are more messed up than anyone else.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Blight Wrote:Well, like I said before, I wasn't aiming all my comments at you, just saying them for anyone that they apply. That is why I went down a paragraph after quoting you. But there isn?t anything wrong with wanting to live somewhere else; I want to go teach in Japan. So really we arguing about two different subjects, so we don't meet in the middle cause our ideas are of come from different areas of thinking. You are talking about physical geography and I was talking more about Society/Culture.
Oh, ok, I thought you were just being a dick :p .

I like the way the government works, but we've got a lot of ignorant And you've gotta admitt, America is a pretty stupid place. We're like the only counrty not researching stem cells, for example. There's a lot of good people here too, but I really just feel out of place.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:I believe I can answer that. The U.S. needs the blessings more not because we are better

than anybody else but because we are more messed up than anyone else.

Haha, I'd love for the president to add that to the end of his next speech. Good one Ryo Big Grin
elcoholic Wrote:Haha, I'd love for the president to add that to the end of his next speech. Good one Ryo Big Grin

Thanks, I just try and tell it as it is.
elcoholic Wrote:Well, one of the things that atracts me to the US is its different enviroments. You've got your tropical areas but you've also got snow or desert. So if you don't like your current climate there's always somewhere to your liking in your own country. I really don't have that in my country. Its way to small for that. I have to go abroad and deal with language barriers and shit. I'd love to be able to go on holiday in my own country and still be in a totaly diferent place.

You can hate the people in your country, you can hate the region, you can hate the government but its damn hard to justify hating the entire land. America on its own is a beautiful land with lots of nature. Treasure living in a place with so much variety.

The diversity of climates and landscapes present in the US is something that also fascinates me. Then again nothing else could be expected from such a large country.
Portugal, although bigger than Holland is a small country but the climate here also varies. The south is quite hotter and drier (it's actually turning into a desert) than the north (where I live) and while the coastal cities have mild winters the interior ones have very cold and snowy winters.

onizuka17711 Wrote:We're like the only counrty not researching stem cells, for example.

Much worse than that is the fact that America won't sign the Kyoto treaty. America is responsable for 25% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions! I know it would be bad for your economy, I understand that. But all the money in the world isn't going to help when the world starts crashing down.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Much worse than that is the fact that America won't sign the Kyoto treaty. America is responsable for 25% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions! I know it would be bad for your economy, I understand that. But all the money in the world isn't going to help when the world starts crashing down.

money, america has money??
and i thought we were in massive debt.
Gemini Wrote:money, america has money??
and i thought we were in massive debt.

Despite your massive debt you rank 2nd in the list of the world's richest countries. Only Luxembourg has more money.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Much worse than that is the fact that America won't sign the Kyoto treaty. America is responsable for 25% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions! I know it would be bad for your economy, I understand that. But all the money in the world isn't going to help when the world starts crashing down.

That's for F'en sure. Our government are dumb fucks as far as the environment is concerned, but blaming the government is only part of the problem. A lot of the people here don't give a damn either. Like the other day in speech class we all had to come up with poll questions and one of them was about going in to the wildlife reserves in Alaska. I was the lone person to say no and every one else said yes.

Even worse, is this law they are trying to pass in Cali. More people over there are starting to use hybrid cars and the Gov. ain't getting their tax money from gas, so the they are trying to pass laws that will tax you for every mile you drive. :mad: What a way to help support less fuel consumption. Rolleyes
Blight Wrote:That's for F'en sure. Our government are dumb fucks as far as the environment is concerned, but blaming the government is only part of the problem. A lot of the people here don't give a damn either. Like the other day in speech class we all had to come up with poll questions and one of them was about going in to the wildlife reserves in Alaska. I was the lone person to say no and every one else said yes.

Even worse, is this law they are trying to pass in Cali. More people over there are starting to use hybrid cars and the Gov. ain't getting their tax money from gas, so the they are trying to pass laws that will tax you for every mile you drive. :mad: What a way to help support less fuel consumption. Rolleyes

That sucks big time, someone call in the Governator pls. Wait is he in on this too? I am

definitely voting no on this, I mean its just sheer idiocy.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:That sucks big time, someone call in the Governator pls. Wait is he in on this too? I am

definitely voting no on this, I mean its just sheer idiocy.

What a crock of shit, huh? I?m glad I live in the middle right now.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Despite your massive debt you rank 2nd in the list of the world's richest countries. Only Luxembourg has more money.
That can't be right. Bush has put us in the hole 5 trilllion since taking office. Maybe we were a few years back, but certainly not now.

The U.S. is full of ignorent dumbfucks who think of nothing but themselves and our economy is shitting the bed anyway :p . I've always held that instead of going into all these wars, we should be using all of that money to fix up ourselves.
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:The U.S. is full of ignorent dumbfucks who think of nothing but themselves and our economy is shitting the bed anyway :p . I've always held that instead of going into all these wars, we should be using all of that money to fix up ourselves.

we should but, we don't.
should of, could of, would of......
its too late to change the past mistakes, so now the govt wants to finish it.
so its gonna take awhile.
Gemini Wrote:we should but, we don't.
should of, could of, would of......
its too late to change the past mistakes, so now the govt wants to finish it.
so its gonna take awhile.
No, the stupidity continues. My global teacher says Bush is talking Iran now... and these guys really do have nukes.
^^Made by Blight