do you think people should have certain speaking rights
onizuka17711 Wrote:At least at my school, they still have the pledge, but no one really does it anymore. We all just stand up during it. Personally, I think it's kind of stupid. I mean, what's the point?

bainwashing you at an earily age to plead your alliance to the U.S. Wink
or just to respect the flag everymoring. *note* i heard that we all should treat the flag of the u.s. like a living person, no dropping on floor, folding properly, ect. ect. ect.
[Image: ffc.jpg]
Gemini Wrote:bainwashing you at an earily age to plead your alliance to the U.S. Wink
or just to respect the flag everymoring. *note* i heard that we all should treat the flag of the u.s. like a living person, no dropping on floor, folding properly, ect. ect. ect.
Well, the brainwashing didn't work on me. I really don't like it here, and as a result have little nationalism.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
I have a problem with people being disrespectful about their Nation. It isn't wrong to criticize our governments, that? would be your job as a citizen, but if you hate the country itself you better have a good reason, like it bent you over and F***** you or something. If you think there there is a problem and you don't try to do something about it, than don't hate the set of circumstances you put no effort into changing.

And even though the last few posts inspire this one, it has no particular direction in trajectory; just random spray, like that of a WWII German machinegun.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:I have a problem with people being disrespectful about their Nation. It isn't wrong to criticize our governments, that? would be your job as a citizen, but if you hate the country itself you better have a good reason, like it bent you over and F***** you or something. If you think there there is a problem and you don't try to do something about it, than don't hate the set of circumstances you put no effort into changing.

And even though the last few posts inspire this one, it has no particular direction in trajectory; just random spray, like that of a WWII German machinegun.
I don't disrespect the nation, I just dislike living here. It's not like I go around burning flags or anything :p . Then again, "hate" is sort of a strong word. I didn't mean that as in I hate the U.S. like terrorists do, but rather I hate the U.S. because I don't like living here. Perhaps it's nicer though on the west coast. I think I will try California before I leave the country. And as far as change, it's sort of hard to explore the rest of the country when I'm still 15 :p .
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Blight Wrote:I have a problem with people being disrespectful about their Nation. It isn't wrong to criticize our governments, that? would be your job as a citizen, but if you hate the country itself you better have a good reason, like it bent you over and F***** you or something. If you think there there is a problem and you don't try to do something about it, than don't hate the set of circumstances you put no effort into changing.

I don't have a problem with people having respect for their country, I just don't like the our country is better than any other county which is essentially what I think the pledge tries to drill into you and is enforced by almost every speach a US president makes. Like the end of a speach is always 'god bless america' and then I think, why not bless the whole world and not just the US while your at it. Smile
elcoholic Wrote:I don't have a problem with people having respect for their country, I just don't like the our country is better than any other county which is essentially what I think the pledge tries to drill into you and is enforced by almost every speach a US president makes. Like the end of a speach is always 'god bless america' and then I think, why not bless the whole world and not just the US while your at it. Smile

I agree with you and that's why I don't like my country over any other. I mean, of course, I prefer my city and the people who live in it over some place I don't know but I feel more like a citizen of the world than a citizen of Portugal. I think every country and it's people are fabulous and interesting in their own way. Besides, I could have been born in Siberia (damn, the cold!) just as easily as I was born here, it was a random thing. It's all land that's what it is, the world is one, we just decided to divide it by virtual lines.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I agree with you and that's why I don't like my country over any other. I mean, of course, I prefer my city and the people who live in it over some place I don't know but I feel more like a citizen of the world than a citizen of Portugal. I think every country and it's people are fabulous and interesting in their own way. Besides, I could have been born in Siberia (damn, the cold!) just as easily as I was born here, it was a random thing. It's all land that's what it is, the world is one, we just decided to divide it by virtual lines.

there should be more speeking about the world then just one country.
but if the world is one, literally, there would be one leader.
oh no, the chaos!! ahhh. run run! :eek:
Gemini Wrote:there should be more speeking about the world then just one country.
but if the world is one, literally, there would be one leader.
oh no, the chaos!! ahhh. run run! :eek:

In the present world order yes, but if we had never even thought of each other as different people, people from different countries, then it might have been possible.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I agree with you and that's why I don't like my country over any other. I mean, of course, I prefer my city and the people who live in it over some place I don't know but I feel more like a citizen of the world than a citizen of Portugal. I think every country and it's people are fabulous and interesting in their own way. Besides, I could have been born in Siberia (damn, the cold!) just as easily as I was born here, it was a random thing. It's all land that's what it is, the world is one, we just decided to divide it by virtual lines.
That is exactly what I mean. I really see nothing special about the U.S. It's not better than anywhere else, so is it so wrong that I hate it here, Blight?
^^Made by Blight

i think everyone learns to either love or loathe their home nation...not many people ive met are inbetween its one or the other...it all depends on life experiences i guess
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
onizuka17711 Wrote:That is exactly what I mean. I really see nothing special about the U.S. It's not better than anywhere else, so is it so wrong that I hate it here, Blight?

In your case, absolutely. You professed to not traveling and you hate the WHOLE country? You should have limited your statement to your local area if you don't like it there.

I also noticed others choose to not make themselves part of their country but instead choose to be part of a world community. Fine by me, I don't really care, but I am a citizen of the US first and foremost. I am a patriot and nationalist, and while criticism of my country is something I gladly accept, I hate shit like ?this country sucks ass? and when I ask why they can?t put two words together about it. If someone has got a real reason, all right, but if they are just goona say the country I live in is a POS just for the hell of it, then they need to STFU and quit making their place of residence out to be the bane of their existence as well as their own personal scapegoat.
I have been in this country everywhere basically but the west coast, which I said I would like to check out before leaving here. It's not like I hate the U.S. and everything it stands for or anything, I just dislike living here. What's the matter with wanting to live somewhere else? It's nothing different than disliking a certain state. Take Wyoming for example. I don't hate the people who live their or their policies, I just wouldn't want to live there. And when have I ever made the U.S. out to be the bane of my existance or my personal scapegoat?
^^Made by Blight

Well, one of the things that atracts me to the US is its different enviroments. You've got your tropical areas but you've also got snow or desert. So if you don't like your current climate there's always somewhere to your liking in your own country. I really don't have that in my country. Its way to small for that. I have to go abroad and deal with language barriers and shit. I'd love to be able to go on holiday in my own country and still be in a totaly diferent place.

You can hate the people in your country, you can hate the region, you can hate the government but its damn hard to justify hating the entire land. America on its own is a beautiful land with lots of nature. Treasure living in a place with so much variety.
onizuka17711 Wrote:I have been in this country everywhere basically but the west coast, which I said I would like to check out before leaving here. It's not like I hate the U.S. and everything it stands for or anything, I just dislike living here. What's the matter with wanting to live somewhere else? It's nothing different than disliking a certain state. Take Wyoming for example. I don't hate the people who live their or their policies, I just wouldn't want to live there. And when have I ever made the U.S. out to be the bane of my existance or my personal scapegoat?

Well, like I said before, I wasn't aiming all my comments at you, just saying them for anyone that they apply. That is why I went down a paragraph after quoting you. But there isn?t anything wrong with wanting to live somewhere else; I want to go teach in Japan. So really we arguing about two different subjects, so we don't meet in the middle cause our ideas are of come from different areas of thinking. You are talking about physical geography and I was talking more about Society/Culture.
i don't really mind...
i like it and i don't like it sometimes. i seriously don't like where i live now (midwest), but i like living in the US. More opertunities and choices. Most of my family are still in vietnam, so i'm lucky that my parents came here to start a family. when i went back to visit the country and saw how my lifestyle was totally different from theirs, it really opened my eyes. for myself, i shouldn't really dislike the midwest (US), but the weather can be so intense sometimes.