Humanitys Purpose?
Batz Kage Wrote:You just descrbied half the close minded @s$holes I know...all of which are "christans"; hmm, maybe there's a connection there..
Here's a question that's been nagging at me for the longest time: Why the hell do all of you religious people believe in your "gods" anyway? No offense meant in this next statement, but are you really too stupid to see the truth? Hmm, that did sound kind of offensive, but believe me, it wasn't meant to be :p .
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:Here's a question that's been nagging at me for the longest time: Why the hell do all of you religious people believe in your "gods" anyway? No offense meant in this next statement, but are you really too stupid to see the truth? Hmm, that did sound kind of offensive, but believe me, it wasn't meant to be :p .
To me it makes sense, but to tell the truth:

Religion is a way to keep people in check & to control them, simple as that. Sometimes they're a big hit (Christans) some times they're to big of a hit & people hate them for it (Jews)...oh & sometimes they jsut want to "befriend" little boys Tongue (Catholics).
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Batz Kage Wrote:To me it makes sense, but to tell the truth:

Religion is a way to keep people in check & to control them, simple as that. Sometimes they're a big hit (Christans) some times they're to big of a hit & people hate them for it (Jews)...oh & sometimes they jsut want to "befriend" little boys Tongue (Catholics).
No, what I meant was why do all of you religious people believe in your gods?
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:No, what I meant was why do all of you religious people believe in your gods?
Ok, I'll state the obvisous, they're what holds the religion together..
Some humans need to think there's some big guy out there they can't best, so they have to follow.

Why do you think it is that no matter how much Christanity is disproved the ideas that it's fake goes no where?

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

Batz Kage Wrote:Ok, I'll state the obvisous, they're what holds the religion together..
Some humans need to think there's some big guy out there they can't best, so they have to follow.

Why do you think it is that no matter how much Christanity is disproved the ideas that it's fake goes no where?
Yeah, sorry for my stupidity. I was too baffled by the stupidity of others to properly understand :confused: .
^^Made by Blight

onizuka17711 Wrote:Yeah, sorry for my stupidity. I was too baffled by the stupidity of others to properly understand :confused: .
Nah, I was jsut being really really vague till the point that it did seem like I'd changed the subject when I re-read it.

Batz Kage Wrote:You just descrbied half the close minded @s$holes I know...all of which are "christans"; hmm, maybe there's a connection there..

I won't argue that there are some pretty goddam idiodic christians out there and I don't consider them christians, I'd say atleast 80% of every religion doesn't "truly" follow it, they just claim that is their religion and act with or against the ways of their religion depending on their selfish desires.

For example that jackass christian wanting to ban anime. In truth he is a pathetic parent asking President Bush to punish his kid by banning anime, because the parent is emotionally unstable and his jealously has lead him to creating that petition. He is no christian, all because one christian does one thing doesn't mean they're all the same. A religion shouldn't classify people as the "same" everyone is an individual and assholes like that immature parent are the cause of degrading specific religions.

I dont think of god as a "super-being" and as a follower (although I am NO follower i'm a leader / loner for sure) i believe 90% of the bible is symbolism and "following god" is following the path laid out to obtain "god" which i believe is ultimate knowledge and understanding

Right now humans possess knowledge of good and evil. Evil being the easiest path most choose (not consciously) but subconsciously choose evil for example it's easier to hate someone for murdering your brother, easy to become overwhelmed with depression if you get raped, but not easier to remain uneffected and undeterred from your normal life. Getting angry or depressed will immediatly end all progressive thoughts and turn you into either a criminal or suicidal idiot.

I believe evil encompasses depression, fear, guilt, sadness, anger, rage ect and good encompasses love, hope, faith, happiness ect.

Face it evil is the easier path because it is almost involuntary to choose, you have to have a strong mind and be very disciplined to resist the emotions that would enter your mind after facing any evil actions done upon yourself. So in a sense people that say human nature is "evil" is almost true but it's more along the lines people are so mentally fragile they cannot resist it almost as much a baby cannot resist crying when falling down and experiencing physical pain.

This is not necessarily about religion, this is about your life, how you act when you are victemized and how you overcome problems that occur in your life. Do problems penetrate your mental progress? Do they overwhelm you emotionally? Is your mental build so fragile that you can't help but emotionally be controlled by the actions done upon you throughout your life? Can I intimidate you with my beliefs? Does it threaten your beliefs in a way in which you MUST reply to my post? Or does it shut your mind into denile and automatically make you quit reading this to ignore my thoughts out of fear I could create doubts in your mind about your own beliefs?
Anime Want To Buy / Sell / Trade List: http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=5548
I think religons were created to disalusion people from how terrible life can really be. The reason so many people flocked to Christ is because he offered something more, hope. Hope that there would be a better life after this one. But its false hope. For those who have read the bible, most of it can be proven false. And Muhammad I believe was taking advantage of people to gain power. If you look at the facts he was a warlord. I say you might as well have a good time while yer here.
Even Buddha can only be tried so far! - Yakuza saying
balthier Wrote:This is not necessarily about religion, this is about your life, how you act when you are victemized and how you overcome problems that occur in your life. Do problems penetrate your mental progress? Do they overwhelm you emotionally? Is your mental build so fragile that you can't help but emotionally be controlled by the actions done upon you throughout your life? Can I intimidate you with my beliefs? Does it threaten your beliefs in a way in which you MUST reply to my post? Or does it shut your mind into denile and automatically make you quit reading this to ignore my thoughts out of fear I could create doubts in your mind about your own beliefs?

What is with Christians always trying to push there beliefs on everyone else? :confused: :mad:
Even Buddha can only be tried so far! - Yakuza saying
074ku Wrote:What is with Christians always trying to push there beliefs on everyone else? :confused: :mad:

I bet ya most christians would say my beliefs aren't christian. And second I could care less if you believe what I believe, and the ending statement was just to sum up any and all replies to my post to verify I understand exactly how humans react.
Anime Want To Buy / Sell / Trade List: http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=5548
This supposed meaning or worth you seek is something you shouldn't try to look to others to awnser. Look inside yourself. I am sure that everyone have their own idea of what this is. One might beleive that this is growing up have a family, another might think their is some great accomplishment they must do. This is a rather open ended question that each person can only awnser themself
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
[QUOTE=balthier]
People like you are a casualty to god, and true christians, catholic, jews, ect people that believe in god are his absolute joys[/QUOTE=balthier]
i'm a casualty to god? what do you know about me? i never said i don't believe in god. i question the dogma preached in church is all. i'd rather read the bible on my own, even that may be flawed, the catholic church decided what books to include and which not too, and we all know how corrupted the catholic church was.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Homeless Joe Wrote:[QUOTE=balthier]

i'm a casualty to god? what do you know about me? i never said i don't believe in god. i question the dogma preached in church is all. i'd rather read the bible on my own, even that may be flawed, the catholic church decided what books to include and which not too, and we all know how corrupted the catholic church was.

That is cool with me, I believe alot of churches are just for show anyways. And sorry I assumed you didn't believe in god it just felt that way after reading the satan worshipper's post and then seeing you say something about us having no free will...

Anyways gl with your own interpretations, just some advice... the wise learn from their mistakes... the wiser learn from other's mistakes.
Must.....resist....urge.....to.....destroy....balthier....

Ok now that I have supressed that, there is only one thing left for me to say.

Quote: Sometimes they're a big hit (Christans) some times they're to big of a hit & people hate them for it (Jews)...oh & sometimes they jsut want to "befriend" little boys Tongue (Catholics).
Hate to burst your bubble, but em...Catholics ARE Christian Rolleyes

But its not your fault, in the christian religious right in the US, mostly the south and bible belt areas there seems to be a common ignorance or miss-conception that Catholics are somehow not "Christian" or at least their definition of "Christian". But Christain simply means one who believes in Christ.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
This thread could be so much more interesting with some chemical help.