Humanitys Purpose?
Schultz Wrote:So what came first the Chicken or the Egg?

One of the many unsolved mysteries...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Why we are here is either
A) Some all powerfull creator got bored like Batz said,
or
B) Completely by chance thanks to a bunch of chemical reactions.

Whichever one you choose is completely irrelivent, as neither one has anything to do with the present. I agree with Ryujin that there is no grand scheme, so trying to figure out where and how you fit into it is pointless. But I wouldn't say life is meaningless. Do what you want or have to to come up with your own meaning. Find a reason do get what you desire. If you desire nothing, sit very still untill you think of somthing. Actually, looking at what I have here, I decide that happiness is the anwser. Most living thing's primary goal is survival for survival's sake. We've gotten a bit too good at not dying, so we need others things to waste our time untill we finally do. Things like pondering pointless questions and killing just because. Whatever we think will make us happiest, if not in the long run at least at that particular moment.
Free will? If god created us then we have none? No. I can create a turd, but I don't know how it comes out (ba-dump ba), untill I turned around and looked. Or for a less gross example, like a painting or somthing.
On the other have if we are the result of a series of chemical reactions, do we have free will? The end result of a chemical reaction is pre-determined, if you don't know what it is in advance it's only because it hasn't been observed yet.
Or somthing like that. I don't know, I'm not a scientist. I just thought about this because it seems like everyone is always giving "god" a hard time over "destiny". Or did god/science think of it for me? Huh? I might wonder.
Batz Kage Wrote:Hmmm, I swear I know the answer to this;

You know that big guy in the sky? We call him God, & a few other names, well, whatever that power is got bored with his own friends (angels or whatever) who stayed the same, so he made lots of little imperfect things (& contray to some ideas of Christanity, imperfection doesn't mean evil -_-) that can evolve in both body & mind...thus we are pure entertainment to a higher being.. Why he contiunes to watch the same boring arse show I'll never know, which then again i'm sure he has many more channels, & we are contantly coming up with better technology. So maybe one day he'll let us clash with another of his majorly entertaining groups Big Grin

Like 50% of that is part of Cathanism..

Cathanism yet again never falters to provide answers....Big Grin
unlike most other religions :confused: :mad:
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
WandererX12 Wrote:Why we are here is either
A) Some all powerfull creator got bored like Batz said,
or
B) Completely by chance thanks to a bunch of chemical reactions.

i say Both

The Creator loved to mess around with "my first chemistry kit set"
Wink
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
when i start to think about a beginning and end, i start to realize there can never be a true beginning or a true end, there has to be soemthing on either side of that point, unless time was like a loop. right?
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
A good read to reference when I think about stuff like this is ?Young Goodman Brown? by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I think he is the greatest anti-transindentalist and since his stories don?t poses one for sure conclusion about it?s meaning you have to interoperate the meaning yourself.

Also, I don?t think there is a singular purpose in life. However, I do think all people peruse the same things at base level. The whole archetype concept by Carl Jung talks about people being in a state of contradiction (union of opposites) and the process of becoming whole, called individuation, involves involves synchronicity and numinosity. It is kinda hard to explore in one post but I think they do a lot to explain so of human nature and the unseen similarities that exist between all people.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
The only religions that make any kind of sense are the ones that say this life is a test or whatever and God or whoever created this world for us to live and blah blah blah. Still doesn't explain jack though.
and what about the universe? how can anything go on forever? unless in a loop, but then would there be something outside of the loop. how can it have an end, an ending of one thing is just the beginning of something else.
*SHLUMP* Oh..that was the sound of everyone's heads collectively going up their asses. Wink

Again, that is why I don't really like topics like this...far too self-indulgent etc...
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
i like questions like this, i think everyone should think about things that we don't comprehend. it's good to ask questions and i like to hear what people have to say.
Ryujin Wrote:*SHLUMP* Oh..that was the sound of everyone's heads collectively going up their asses. Wink

Again, that is why I don't really like topics like this...far too self-indulgent etc...

Hey, I gave a pretty good answer, at least going beyond my own personal knowledge and using ideas from literature and philosophy. Besides, that would hurt, so the sound would be less *SHLUMP* and more *AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH* Big Grin.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Puppet Master Wrote:Now this question has been bugging me for an extremely long time and it's about life in itself. Today it came out again when Daisy asked me about it...

Why are we really here is there a reason other than to destroy everything we touch? But there are two points to this question that deals with my personal thoughts for starters if humanitys good was weighed against its evil[see X to understand this thoughts origin] humanity would be dead. While you want to believe in the good of man there is no pure good some are more good than evil but most are not. I know I am less good than evil but it's not all black and white its not that simple everything about its truly a puzzle. The point is humanity does destroy we are the only creatures to truly kill out of ego and it's sad....Do we really have a purpose of any sort?

Why are we here for such a short time? By the time we know what we really want we die that's what I honestly believe....

I know you don't believe in god ect... but here's my view and whether you wanna believe it or not it is absolute truth:

Originally humans purpose was to live in absolute peace and happiness, until man's fall from grace (adam and eve story / leaf from Nerv represents that on Eva)

Now our purpose is to be tempted and tested. We gained the knowledge of evil from our own actions and decision. It is human nature to want to know all, to know evil. And to know evil is to experience it every day in life. Our new purpose is no longer happiness, not on this world. Our purpose is to choose good or evil, the world may be filled with much evil because it's an easier path, you can't tell me it's easier to get shot, stabbed, and contract a deadly disease and still remain happy like nothing happened? No it's alot easier to be overwhelmed with fear, anger, depression and sadness. Those are emotions contracted from evil, and I do not choose that.

Most anime stories are about someone overcoming evil. Most movies are about someone overcoming evil. Is it that conquering evil is embedded into our subconscious minds into our own genetic make up that we manifest it into our daily lives with stories to inspire us?

This is not coincidence. Choose your path wisely

P.S. if you want more info backing this up / a 15 hour conversation PM me on msn
Anime Want To Buy / Sell / Trade List: http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=5548
it's interesting how you imply that overcoming evil is part of how we were made. if i'm wrong let me know. but if we were made like that, is it possible that we were also made to commit evil acts? that we were designed to fall from grace? and in adam and eve, the apple represents knowledge, correct? but why would evil be knowledge? why would knowing, being aware of our own nakedness be evil our lead to evil? because we were no longer beasts? we had become aware? :confused: all really confusing stuff. i need to find a priest.
Homeless Joe Wrote:it's interesting how you imply that overcoming evil is part of how we were made. if i'm wrong let me know. but if we were made like that, is it possible that we were also made to commit evil acts? that we were designed to fall from grace? and in adam and eve, the apple represents knowledge, correct? but why would evil be knowledge? why would knowing, being aware of our own nakedness be evil our lead to evil? because we were no longer beasts? we had become aware? :confused: all really confusing stuff. i need to find a priest.

No, It's human nature to want to know all. Curiousity. And most humans choose evil because it's EASIER. Only selfless, understanding people will choose good. Only people who understand their true purpose choose good.

We weren't made to commit evil acts. God gave us the choice good or evil because he wanted to know for himself that we loved and respected his words so those that choose to listen to him, makes him know that we chose him not that we were just robots designed to choose him.

God didn't make us perfect for a reason. He doesn't want our genetic makeup to enforce ONLY good in us. He wants to know we love him over evil.

Evil is knowledge because you can KNOW what it feels like to be angry, sad, depressed, ect GOOD is knowledge as well because you KNOW what it feels like to be happy, loved, and so forth, god created us to know good, not evil, then he gave us the choice. The apple on the forbidden tree represents evil. We didn't know evil but wanted to. Now man didn't want to BE evil, he just wanted to know it because of curiousity and more knowledge. Try to think of the first man in this world he wouldn't know how much it would effect his life and his decisions, but he wanted more emotions in his life or more knowledge. Man was in a state of learning, that apple had answers to his questions. Remain ignorant and happy or gain knowledge and be miserable, man didn't know he would be miserable.

I can clarify any doubts / questions you have if you have msn messenger: [email protected]
Anime Want To Buy / Sell / Trade List: http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=5548