Poll: How do you feel about Zagatto's bans?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Zagatto is on a power trip.
11.54%
3 11.54%
This board needed an active moderator.
46.15%
12 46.15%
Are people getting bans?
19.23%
5 19.23%
More people need to be banned.
23.08%
6 23.08%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Is Zagatto out of control with the bans?
Same here, I really like your humbleness and the effort your are putting in to trying not to offend anyone is quite distinguishing.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Zagatto Wrote:I'm actually trying to figure out alternatives to banning people. So far the idea of a Flame War thread has been presented as one possibility. Another would be to make offending users have their posts approved before they get posted. At this time bans are the only real tool available though.

I think that the Flame War thread is a wonderful idea! I have seen it work on many other boards. You go into the thread and thoroughly berate the person you have a beef with and that is where it stays. For the people that hand out personal attacks outside the designated thread: 3 day ban. If they keep attacking outside of the Flame Thread: Perma-ban. I think that this is a wonderful idea. I would very much like to see it take effect.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Well I personally don't like the over-use of this idea, I mean if I think somebody is being a dumbass in a particular topic, then it is based on what they say in that topic, I don't hold any personal grudges or preconceptions of people.

So if I want to call that person a dumbass a basically tell them why I think this and give my own opinion at the same time, then I don't want the risk of being banned, or the thread being moved into some flame forum where it would actually MAKE me and that person enemies, at least that is a possibility. I forget arguments I've had a little while after I have had them, so I don't hold anything againt people. If they want to hold something against me then I'm fine with that too because it does not bother me.

I think you know what I mean...I dislike having to hold back any even slightly negative or dissagreeing opinion for fear of being banned.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Stating negative feelings about people is not (in my opinion) personally attacking someone. As long as there is a level headed mod behind it, I wouldn't worry about any of that.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Quote:Bukkake Sempai

LOL, I noticed that ages ago but I just decided to mention it now, pretty funny...
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Blight Wrote:Same here, I really like your humbleness and the effort your are putting in to trying not to offend anyone is quite distinguishing.

Thx Blight although I'm eventually thinking of leaving this forum as someone *cough*

*Multipak* *cough* doesn't seem to want me in here at all even after I apologized to

everyone here for the incident. RIght now I don't feel like I'm very welcome as it seems

that everytime I'm on I seem to be the target of his fact finding mission. I'm sorry if this

isn't true and after I finish typing this I'll probably be attacked for it but oh well. This is the

main reason that I went inisible but it doesn't seem to help. Later.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Heh, who cares what he says? If he says anything else just kick him in the face, lol

No, but seriously, your purpose at the forum is not to be humble, popular, make friends or be well liked, your purpose is to post your opinion on things and contribute to the forums wth your unique perspective (as every person has a different view on things). At least thats the way I see it.

I don't think you should tone down your opinion or not post at all just because someone might not like what you say and in turn not like you, hell I've been a at forums where I was not liked at all because people did not like the fact that I gave my opinions honestly and the way I saw them, sometimes it would just be me literally against the entire forum in some posts, and I still just took them all to school easily and they eventually gave up because I would not back down, this pissed some of them off, who are still a bit pissed off today, but it did not stop me from becomming a well respected member of the community and I still go to some of them.

Now I'm not saying go pick fights with people or be arrogant and think you can win any argument, but don't take crap from people when you don't need to. Just defend your opinions to the best of your ability with a resonably level head and a level of open mindedness and you should get on fine.

To put it in perspective, who cares if someone on the internet on the other side of the world (probably), sitting in front of their computer does not like you for some reason? Don't waste your time thinking about, seriously Ryo, don't let something as small as that deter you from a forum that you would otherwise enjoy.
Ryujin Wrote:Heh, who cares what he says? If he says anything else just kick him in the face, lol

No, but seriously, your purpose at the forum is not to be humble, popular, make friends or be well liked, your purpose is to post your opinion on things and contribute to the forums wth your unique perspective (as every person has a different view on things). At least thats the way I see it.

I don't think you should tone down your opinion or not post at all just because someone might not like what you say and in turn not like you, hell I've been a at forums where I was not liked at all because people did not like the fact that I gave my opinions honestly and the way I saw them, sometimes it would just be me literally against the entire forum in some posts, and I still just took them all to school easily and they eventually gave up because I would not back down, this pissed some of them off, who are still a bit pissed off today, but it did not stop me from becomming a well respected member of the community and I still go to some of them.

Now I'm not saying go pick fights with people or be arrogant and think you can win any argument, but don't take crap from people when you don't need to. Just defend your opinions to the best of your ability with a resonably level head and a level of open mindedness and you should get on fine.

To put it in perspective, who cares if someone on the internet on the other side of the world (probably), sitting in front of their computer does not like you for some reason? Don't waste your time thinking about, seriously Ryo, don't let something as small as that deter you from a forum that you would otherwise enjoy.

Thx for the commentary Ryujin that makes me feel better that someone actually cares. As

for being humble that is part of my personality and I'd like to make friends here as I

already have too many enemies in actuality. My humbleness may actually contribute to

my oppinions as yet I don't quite know. As for taking crap that I don't need to I'm used to

doing that and ususally take it with a grain of salt. Also its not that he doesn't like me for

some reason. Its just the that I feel helpless as he basically attacks what little honor and

respect I have which was almost zilch but is probably less now because I can't effectively

argue with him because hes agressive and i'm passive. I'm just tired of taking crap online

when I get enough offline even though I try to honor and respect everyone here because

it is in my nature. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." As far as I'm

concerned, he has lost all respect I've had for him if any. I know I shouln't let things like

this get to me but it is a flaw of mine and I am working on it. However to have this go on

continously and seemingly being helpless to do anything about it as it gets worse every

time you do is not a good feeling. I know I am going to have enemies here, that I don't

doubt but to not be able to deal with it as they word the attacks to be "politically correct"

when you yourself are only middling or less in politics because you don't like talking about

that area very much makes everything seem futile and can be utterly depressing. As for

kicking him I'd like to do that but I wouln't because I'm one of those "nice guys" that get

walked all over and I'm sick and tired of it. I'm not sure if anyone will agree with me on

this but, oh well. What I'm trying to say is I would rather have people state thir negative

feelings about me directly rather than hiding behind a series of double talk.
Ryo, I welcome your posts to our forum.
I'm sorry that you're letting one members vendetta against you sour your opinion of the rest of the members. I think that multipak has gotten over his attempt to prove that you and Cidien are the same person.

I'm also surprised that he would be upset by someone coming to the aid of someone else with similar beliefs. I may not agree with you on our political stances but I do appreciate the posts you've made sharing your opinion.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
I agree with r00ster on the whole ban topic. However, how long you have been here plays a factor, too. If you get banned 3 times in your first month, then by all means, you should be booted, but 3 times in like 2 years, you should get some slack.

You seem like a nice person Ryo and I don't know what you said, but will not judge you for it. You can consider me a friend, too. Big Grin
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Thanl you all I know I may be overreacting but this means alot. By the way Zagatto I just

watched some new anime of mine and actually found out where your name came from in

the process. Only watched 4 episodes but boy is it funny. Ah well I'll be around, thank

you for listeneing to my random prattle as I know this steered us waaaay of the subject,

Oh well.
Here's off topic for you.

If I paint my dick black does that mean my girlfriend is having an interracial relationship?

Thanks go to r00ster for that one.

It's so stupid, but I laugh every time I read/think about it.
Cidien Wrote:Here's off topic for you.

If I paint my dick black does that mean my girlfriend is having an interracial relationship?

Thanks go to r00ster for that one.

It's so stupid, but I laugh every time I read/think about it.

You are so lucky you can make a comment like that Cidien; but isn't that disrespectful to

your girlfriend? Speaking of which what is it like to have a girlfriend? I hate to admit this

but umm... nah you guys might laugh at me. Ah what the heck I'll tell you all anyways.

I've never been on a date or had a girlfriend. Feel free to laugh or disbelieve this as you

wish.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:-I'm eventually thinking of leaving this forum as someone *cough* *Multipak* *cough* doesn't seem to want me in here at all

-everytime I'm on I seem to be the target of his fact finding mission.

-Its just the that I feel helpless as he basically attacks what little honor and respect I have argue with him because hes agressive and i'm passive.

-As for kicking him I'd like to do that but I wouln't because I'm one of those "nice guys" that get walked all over

-As for being humble that is part of my personality and I'd like to make friends here

-As for taking crap that I don't need to I'm used to doing that and ususally take it with a grain of salt.

Huh? Are you for real?!?!?! This is beyond ridiculous. Trying to portray me as a heartless bully is just???.weak. I am quite confused as to what your motivation is. You keep bringing up the dead issue in 2 different threads. What I can see is maybe you are playing a sympathy card. Perhaps you got vendetta going against me. If you TRULY didn?t want to get into arguments, you wouldn?t have said things that are quoted above. If you don?t want my response, stop baiting.

I haven?t said a word against you since you came back from the ban. You keep bringing back the subject by claiming the false facts. The only reason I replied to your posts at all was because you made up stuff about my posts. You can bet that I will defend myself if questioned.

Also, let?s not forget your ?humble? and ?passive? responses to me:
?Quite frankly i think you have a stick up you butt and someone needs to pull it out. Im just wondering if you are one of the many conspiracy theory freaks.?

You don?t sound so passive to me there.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:You are so lucky you can make a comment like that Cidien; but isn't that disrespectful to

your girlfriend? Speaking of which what is it like to have a girlfriend? I hate to admit this

but umm... nah you guys might laugh at me. Ah what the heck I'll tell you all anyways.

I've never been on a date or had a girlfriend. Feel free to laugh or disbelieve this as you

wish.
Same here dude, dont feel bad, your not alone.