Poll: How do you feel about Zagatto's bans?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Zagatto is on a power trip.
11.54%
3 11.54%
This board needed an active moderator.
46.15%
12 46.15%
Are people getting bans?
19.23%
5 19.23%
More people need to be banned.
23.08%
6 23.08%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Is Zagatto out of control with the bans?
I have no problem. Zagatto laid out the rule. He has been consistent in applying it. It?s easy to see what a person can do to earn a ban and what to do to avoid it. The rule applies to everyone equally.
Have a question. What's after the 3-day ban when repeated offenders continue on without bothering abt warnings? Or is it going to be just 3-day bans all the way?
It's really not much of a use for 3-day bans when offenders come back, feeling that the bans are unjustified and still hot-headed.
I've been thinking about that too.
I'm reluctant to hand out permanent bans so I'm thinking that a second offender gets a 7 day ban.
If a third offense should occur then 1 month sounds about right.
After that would be the perma-ban... but I really don't like the idea of doing that.

I leave this open to discussion as to what people decide is fair. I really don't like playing the judge, jury and executioner. I just want a nice place for people to share their opinions and hang out.
Sounds fair to me.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Zagatto Wrote:I've been thinking about that too.
I'm reluctant to hand out permanent bans so I'm thinking that a second offender gets a 7 day ban.
If a third offense should occur then 1 month sounds about right.
After that would be the perma-ban... but I really don't like the idea of doing that.

I leave this open to discussion as to what people decide is fair. I really don't like playing the judge, jury and executioner. I just want a nice place for people to share their opinions and hang out.

I think that's more than fair. Heh...3 chances? Woah......in school, we don't even get more than 1 chance. Maybe it's my profs, they are all meanies. :p Max, they'll give a chance. After that, they deduct 10 pts auto from the overall grade points--->death sentence already. Some of my ex-classmates were dropped by the profs after the first warning.
I don't know. I'm not a big fan of bans. Sometimes you can say something and not even realize it and then be banned for 3 days. Or sometimes it's called for. I'm not gonna lie, if someone flames me or starts another 'Vicious is mean' thread, I will say some shit to those people and get myself banned for awhile.

I do think that we needed a more active mod that would lock up some threads that get out of hand. So I think that that's a good thing.
Whoa, I've been gone to long; When did you guys start baning?
I like ya Zagatto & trust your judgement for the most part.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
More people DO need to get banned!
"We know who we are, but not what we may be" - William Shakespeare

HK List:

http://www.import-anime.com/user_dvd.php...er_id=3991
People are getting banned? Thats news to me...

Personally I'm not too big on bans, it depends on the situation obviously. But I mean for instance I don't see a problem with profanity, assuming its not just someone comming into a thread, singling out one or two people and spouting hundreds of curses at them. Other than that I don't see a problem in telling someone to fuck off if I think they are purposefully being a dick.

Then you have the second factor, people taking offence where none was intened. I mean lets say your having a debate, and one of the participants is a bit of a pansy, so what if you innocently dissagree with them but they somehow take offence to it and then try and twist the thread into something it was not by saying people are being offensive to them. Now having spouted this crap they then go crying to a MOD and then *BAM* a 3 day ban just because some pansy chose to be offended by nothing.

Granted I doubt the MODs are that easily manipulated, but there is always a risk. And if someone feels that they are wrongly banned, what kind of recourse can they take? can they debate it or explain it to MODs in some hidden thread somewhere? or by e-mail or something??

On the otherhand...meh I don't really care if people get banned, nothing to do with me really...even if I get banned for something...meh not the end of the world.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
Go, Zagatto, go!!!
It's LONG over due!!! There need to be reproccusions for abusing the forum.
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
Whahahaha...i just realised that babyeater has been banned? or has he not been banned?!
Have a question.....can a banned member still log on during the time frame he/she is supposed to be banned?
Ka-Talliya Wrote:Go, Zagatto, go!!!
It's LONG over due!!! There need to be reproccusions for abusing the forum.

The people being banned so far aren't the ones abusing the forums. They are the ones making a name-calling comment. It's not the same thing. Multipak abused the forum more than Ryo, especially when he kept up with his pathetic attempt to make us look like the same person, yes Ryo got banned for a name-calling comment he probably didn't even make a second thought about while replying. Now, Ryo is probably confused why he can't log onto the forums 'cuz he probably has no idea what he did.
Japschin Wrote:Have a question.....can a banned member still log on during the time frame he/she is supposed to be banned?

They can log into the store, not the forums. As stated in my previous post, Ryo probably has no idea why he can't log in right now.
The hard part with defining "abusing the forums" is what exactly constitutes abuse of the forum. The General Babble section was created as a result of some WAY off topic posting back when there was only an Anime forum.

I have chosen to enforce the rule about negative posts towards forum members because it is easy to define and show when someone is in the wrong.

Thanks for letting me know that banned members can't even read the posts in the forum... I had been wondering what actually happened when someone got banned.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.