Poll: How do you feel about Zagatto's bans?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Zagatto is on a power trip.
11.54%
3 11.54%
This board needed an active moderator.
46.15%
12 46.15%
Are people getting bans?
19.23%
5 19.23%
More people need to be banned.
23.08%
6 23.08%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Is Zagatto out of control with the bans?
Ryujin Wrote:People are getting banned? Thats news to me...

Personally I'm not too big on bans, it depends on the situation obviously. But I mean for instance I don't see a problem with profanity, assuming its not just someone comming into a thread, singling out one or two people and spouting hundreds of curses at them. Other than that I don't see a problem in telling someone to fuck off if I think they are purposefully being a dick.

Then you have the second factor, people taking offence where none was intened. I mean lets say your having a debate, and one of the participants is a bit of a pansy, so what if you innocently dissagree with them but they somehow take offence to it and then try and twist the thread into something it was not by saying people are being offensive to them. Now having spouted this crap they then go crying to a MOD and then *BAM* a 3 day ban just because some pansy chose to be offended by nothing.

Granted I doubt the MODs are that easily manipulated, but there is always a risk. And if someone feels that they are wrongly banned, what kind of recourse can they take? can they debate it or explain it to MODs in some hidden thread somewhere? or by e-mail or something??

On the otherhand...meh I don't really care if people get banned, nothing to do with me really...even if I get banned for something...meh not the end of the world.

If people are offended by nothing than they shouldnt be reading anything at all...I have seen that happen and it really is annoying. But like you I had no idea people were getting banned...Good thinking though about the manipultion risk...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Is there a notification that you HAVE been banned? Like said about Ryo...He probably thinks it's a system crash or bug or something not letting him log in.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Zagatto... when did you become a moderator? I know as of late I have been off the boards, but a promotion will do that to you. As for bans I see it as a must have evil. Sometimes people go to far, and need a notice that hey time to get your act together.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
I was made a moderator earlier in the summer.
There wasn't any sort of fanfare or voting for the position. I didn't even ask for it actually. Now that I am a mod though I'm doing my best to make sure that I play fairly and try to keep my personal bias out of the role.

Oh yeah... I don't read EVERY post on the forum. If you find one that you believe merits a ban then use the "report this post" button that you can find at the top of every post. That makes things a bit easier for the mods to see what's happening and decide whether or not a person deserves a ban.

I repeat, just being irritating is not enough of a reason to get banned.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
So is there a notifaction that you HAVE been banned?
At this time there isn't any sort of notification... you just can't log into the forum.
I'm working out details to send e-mails to people who are banned explaining which post got them banned and how long they can expect to be banned for.
I don't have anything against the 3-day bans... except that 3-days clearly isn't going to do anything for some people who are just going to spend the 3 days thinking of how they could become even more of a negative presence when they come back to the forums *cough*BE*cough*. So if you're going to up it to 7 days and then a month for 2nd and 3 strikes... you have my full support, whatever that's worth. Wink

I also personally think that if someone is still going to waste their time coming back for a 4th offense after that 1 month ban.. they're clearly not here to contribute -anything- positive to the community *cough*BE*cough*... and deserve a perma-ban, for which the moderator responsible should feel no guilt.

Heck... you could do a 7-day ban for the first offense, then a month ban... then a perma-ban for the third strike, and you'd still be one of the most patient, level-headed mods around on the forums of the internet. Wink
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Hmm... The details are...sketchy. Wink
Mantis421 Wrote:I love debating as much as most people. But when you have someone who comes into a thread debate uses profanity ect toward another member that where I fully think you are justified handing out bans

Again I am sorry that the word i used was believed to be profane. If i had known this I

would never have useed this word. You can read my full apology in a question for Kerry

supporters. As for the ban, well I realize that you, Zagato were trying to enforce the rules

and I accept that. As for Cidien, I would like tom thank him for sticking up for me while I

was gone as he seemed to do alot of that. As for Ryujins quote about being upset over

nothing I would like to state that I am a stickler for both truth and honor. An attack on

either of these gets me riled up more than anything. In other words if you attack these I

take it as a direct attack on me. ts a flaw of mine I know and I am genuinely sorry.

Again I apoligize for this whole mess and ask for the forgiveness of this whole forum. If I

had known this earlier I would have apoligized in advance. also thanks to Schultz for

pointing out to Multipak that Cidien and I aren't the same person. Good work Zagato,

however, I do agree that we need a sytstem of notification so that people know what is

going on. I hope this forum will let bygones be bygones and I hope it will be awhile

before this happens again if at all. Thx so much for your time.

Sincerly,

Ryo of Inferno
Thanks again for the appology Ryu.

I'm am working on a system to let people know when and why they are banned. This is a fairly new practice in our forum so we're still working out the bugs.

Cidien gets the honour of getting the first ever ban in the IA forum... personally, I hope that Vicious' will be the last... banning isn't something that I enjoy doing (at least I try not to enjoy it).
Zagatto Wrote:Thanks again for the appology Ryu.

I'm am working on a system to let people know when and why they are banned. This is a fairly new practice in our forum so we're still working out the bugs.

Cidien gets the honour of getting the first ever ban in the IA forum... personally, I hope that Vicious' will be the last... banning isn't something that I enjoy doing (at least I try not to enjoy it).

Cidien is banned? Oh man I feel bad now. Just when I return the only one who I can

consider a friend right now is banned. No offense Zagatto as I don't know where I stand

with the rest of this forum yet. Thx again though and if you want have a look at new

thread, Anime or Not. BY the way what did Cidien get banned for?
He isn't currently banned... he was just the first... I'm sorry if I worded that in a confusing manner.

I'm actually trying to figure out alternatives to banning people. So far the idea of a Flame War thread has been presented as one possibility. Another would be to make offending users have their posts approved before they get posted. At this time bans are the only real tool available though.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Cidien is banned? Oh man I feel bad now. Just when I return the only one who I can

consider a friend right now is banned.

You can consider me a friend. Smile
rarnom Wrote:You can consider me a friend. Smile

Thanks rarnom that means alot to me its hard enough for me to make friends in my

everyday life without worryong abot the forum. You saying this means alot to me.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
You can consider me a friend as well. Wink
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]