Poll: Which way do you display your boxes?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I display my boxes with the dvd's facing out.
60.00%
21 60.00%
I display my boxes with the art work facing out.
40.00%
14 40.00%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How do you display your boxes?
CrayonShinChan Wrote:I've copied some of them onto DVDR and selling the originals to get some space back. :p
My friend copies all his stuff too.. Recently he started copying his Netflix dvds and would just have piles and piles of it. He watches them later.
rarnom Wrote:You'd think that would work, but my room with my TV and stuff has low and slanted ceilings (it is like a large converted attic loft deal) and my kid is a climber like you can't believe...
Oh i did that as a kid to get to the top shelf. It was a glass cabinet too. Boom... absolute destruction since it also held all our porcelain souvenirs etc. Amazingly i got out of the way unscathed. My mum started blaming the shitty cabinet despite the fact we had it for about 15 years without a hitch and me on the crime scene. I thought it wise not to disagree! Guess i got away with loads of stuff cos i was usually really well behaved. Big Grin

So yeah never underestimate a kid who is determined to get something!
I first saw the title and thought, "Hmmm, i display my Pocky boxes in a row on my mini-fridge." Then i quickly remembered that no one else displays their Pocky boxes. Or do they....?
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
Lets NOT even go there! -.-;
I actually have sets to display now!!! And the noob in me is going to display them artwork out. Big Grin I like the artwork.
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
Artwork out is sure catching up. I voted dvd's out but i've since changed to artwork out so the vote should be at least 10-11 now I believe.
I've gone sideways on 9/10 of my sets... to maximize the artwork-out factor. Wink
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Same, r00ster gave me the idea. Course, you can't put the artwork sideways on all the sets. The eva platinum box is a great example why. The back is just too awesome not to display.
Okay, here goes: a newbie question. What do you mean by displaying them with the DVDs facing out? I'm thinking, the case is open, the DVDs are literally out ... dust! So you pros must be talking about having them inside a glass/acrylic display case to protect them from dust. Wooo. Fancy. Big Grin

Me, I stack the few sets I own in an 1890s antique armoire I got in Vermont. Plus the ones next to the TV ... Wink
We're talking about artboxes. The kind you buy at a store for extra money. When you put them on a shelf you have to either display the artwork of the box or the dvd cases outward.
Thanks for the clarification, Cideon.

I've seen a couple of those on eBay, one for NGE, and another for Escaflowne. Beautiful boxes, if those are the kind to which you are referring.

Here's a link for one: I don't know if I'd trust the seller, but the all-silver metal box is pretty.

[Image: EscaflowneSilver.jpg]
That's a bootleg box, but yes. Here's a link to what I mean.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/...14/4/153/0
skylark Wrote:Thanks for the clarification, Cideon.

I don't know if I'd trust the seller, but the all-silver metal box is pretty.

Get it straight from the Creator . It's cheaper ($30/$35) and he's a fantastic shipper. His boxes are well-made and of good quality.
Japschin Wrote:Get it straight from the Creator . It's cheaper ($30/$35) and he's a fantastic shipper. His boxes are well-made and of good quality.

Japschin, thank you so much. What gorgeous boxes.

That eBay seller is saying,

"Yes that's right this is the ONLY place this box is available at all! This custom box is available exclusively through us!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...RK:MEWA:IT
He may be a liar but he is the cheapest bootlegger to buy from if you only need one or two items. Otherwise, JJ here is the best. Cant beat $14-15 for a 13 ep series shipping included. Sometimes certain series are listed as low as $10.