Newtype-usa Screwing Readers !
...CRAP

i just had to finish his sentence.

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
Last Exile Wrote:they are putting out alot of titles but alot arent that good like i have said in the past, the ones that have good studios that have done great titles like rahxephon (bones) are great ! ADV needs to bring more titles like this to the US and then i would like them more.

That is YOUR opinion. Not fact. Because you don't like something doesn't mean that it is not good and not selling well. And don't give me that crpa about how you know the numbers. I know for a fact that you don't know the numbers unless one of the ADV employees is your best friend or something. They sign NDA's and would not give that info out to Joe Schmoe.

dvd_master Wrote:their DVDs take forever to come out (I'm still waiting for D.N.Angel)

I can't speak for the manga and newtype and all that, but ADV does put out titles much faster than other studios. They have a 6 week interval between volumes, which is faster than most other companies.

If you're referring to the time between announcing a license and putting out volume 1, you have no idea how long other companies are actually taking. Just because they announce it and then release it 6 months later doesn't mean that they haven't had the license for 9 months or longer. ADV might just be better at announcing acquisitions right away to let you know that a title will be coming out here.
dvd_master Wrote:but they license SO MUCH...

oh no, now there is too much anime in America for you. Were you ever a fan when it first started coming out on VHS in America? You wouldn't be saying that otherwise. Cool
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
i remember hulling around all those vhs tapes for neon genesis and various other series.
Last Exile Wrote:i agree some of the eps on the dvds (mostly adv's) Suck, like nuku nuku, and all those kiddy titles they tried to get out there.
-LE

This is just your opinion, so don't hold it against ADV. I own all 3 of the original All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku VHS tapes in their black clam shell cases. It was a definite fun, light show.

Just because there isn't violence, or sex doesn't make it a "kiddy title". Likewise, you seem to be one of those Raxephon/EVA fan boys. Yikes, if there isn't some "deep meaning" involved, you think the show is stupid. I recently watched Armored Trooper VOTOMs. I found the show to be amazing in the second stage when it focused on war. When there was a shift to religion, the show was incoherent, and a lot less satisfying.

So please check that Shinji bull shit at the door, because I for one don't care to go there. Please, I'd love to hear a list of your "kiddy" shows that ADV offers.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
ok !
im not a fan boy of EVA i hated that show !
also im not looking for sex and violence im into stories that arent crapy stories that are diffrent and unique. so check your shit at the fucking door, you are the one trying to enrage me and i dont like it !

here is your precious list:
-Grrl Power
-The Super Milk Chan Show
-Hello Kitty
-Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat
-Angelic Layer (which ill admit i want)
-Magical Play
-Monster Rancher
-Super Gals
-Wedding Peach
-Medabots
-Megaman
-Super Duper Sumos

that's all i can think of off the top of my head !
also Kino's Journey is one of there slowest titles i almost stuck a fork in a light socket watching half of that ! bad everything dubb and story, hell i even tried watching it in japanese and that was worse.

so stick a pie in your ass steve! :mad:

-LE

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
My, my, aren't we a little hostile today.

What's wrong with licensing those so-called kiddy shows. It's not they specialize in it and I bet you there is alot of money to be made with shows targeted at a younger audience. ADV ain't your personal anime licensing company so stop bitching about series no one is forcing to watch or buy.

Super Gals is a good show and not for little kids, that's for sure.
ohh im just mad at them also at the magazine cause thats all they would showcase every month were those crappy shows. thats why i had a problem i would buy the mag expecting a new episode of soemthing new and cool and it would turn out to be an ADV reject. thats all.

-LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
So why are you complaining about them not including the DVD with Newtype if it was filled with nothing but crappy shows.

Whine, bitch, complain, is that all you know what to do?
no.
i can yell too !
i liked it when adv would put somehting decent on the disc. also let other companies include an episode.

i post other stuff then being pissed at stuff , im not the one you should be saying this to its the anti everything member Vicious !

-LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
Last Exile Wrote:i post other stuff then being pissed at stuff , im not the one you should be saying this to its the anti everything member Vicious !

That sentence made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

Also, you ask for shows that are different and unique and then you put Super Gals, Milk Chan and Kino's Journey on there. Which only goes to show me that you've never actually seen the shows. You're going purely off of looks. And then you call them kiddy shows since they don't fit your criteria. Milk Chan especially has cursing left and right and is in no way meant for kids.

So stop talking out of your ass. I think I sufficiently proved in the other thread that you had no idea what you were talking about and you're doing a pretty good job of proving it on your own in this thread.

It seems like you just have something against ADV and will say anything to try and make them look bad.
Last Exile Wrote:ohh im just mad at them also at the magazine cause thats all they would showcase every month were those crappy shows. thats why i had a problem i would buy the mag expecting a new episode of soemthing new and cool and it would turn out to be an ADV reject. thats all.

-LE

But not all the shows on the dvd sucks nor are they rejects. For example: they had one episode of Pretear (by the way is a very cool show ^^) and another issue had: Happy Lesson, which I laughed my butt off. But I do agree that some of the dvds in the magazines aren't very good. To sum it up some shows released on those dvds are not rejects. Wink
[Image: WinterSonata.jpg]

A dream is like snow, it falls then it fades away through time...

~Ryoku Slayer~
Quote:If you're referring to the time between announcing a license and putting out volume 1, you have no idea how long other companies are actually taking. Just because they announce it and then release it 6 months later doesn't mean that they haven't had the license for 9 months or longer. ADV might just be better at announcing acquisitions right away to let you know that a title will be coming out here.

In my opinion, it would be a difficult feat to release a title within a short period of time after the license is announced -- once after they get the license, they need time to produce subtitles, English dubbing, English credits, DVD content, marketing, packaging, etc. I say one year between licensing and Volume 1 is a reasonable amount of time -- maybe 18 months, depending on how elaborate they want it and how many episodes they want out at once.
That sucks that there not putting in any DVD's anymore. That was a big factor in me buying the mag.
There can be tears of sadness, and there can be tears of joy, but they are far from the same.

King Of Bandits Jing

My DVD trade list:
http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=4518
rugrats1 Wrote:In my opinion, it would be a difficult feat to release a title within a short period of time after the license is announced -- once after they get the license, they need time to produce subtitles, English dubbing, English credits, DVD content, marketing, packaging, etc. I say one year between licensing and Volume 1 is a reasonable amount of time -- maybe 18 months, depending on how elaborate they want it and how many episodes they want out at once.

I would've mentioned that, but I've gone over that before. So I figured that was a given. But thanks for emphasizing that point. It behooves me how some people think that there is no work that goes into these DVD's and that they should be released instantly after being acquired.