Reputation points
morgorath Wrote:
I think you can have a value in the way that post counts and join dates matter. Look at people like Dark, Kakoi, Matthew, Vicoius, and Schultz... It shows if the visit the boards often and post often. I find that to be a least a starting point on how commited they are to the boards.
There is another problem with that.. i could go around and post u suck , this sucks. to every thread and get a high post count.. but no meaning to my posts at all.. Like everything in life you gotta find a balence.. not 1 things is good.. Sometimes a person posts alot and they have good information which is good to listen to them. But at other times you will have a person hardly post but when they do they still give great information? they are equally important. So you can't truely go off post count.. you gotta figure out each person for how they are and what they contribute..
Schultz Wrote:Sometimes a person posts alot and they have good information which is good to listen to them. But at other times you will have a person hardly post but when they do they still give great information? they are equally important. So you can't truely go off post count.. you gotta figure out each person for how they are and what they contribute..
That's why I'm really starting to like the reputation thing. The downside to it though is that if someone doesn't like you, they can be a jerk and try and ruin it, unless there's some sort of block for that. But overall, I'm starting to like the new changes to the boards.
Big Grin
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
schultz sed b4 theres a kinda block where u have to vote for another 20 ppl bvefor u can vote for the first person again.
Quote:Originally Posted by Schultz I also have been reading on how the reputation system works.. First i belive that when a person rates another person they have to rate 20 other people before they can rate that person again.. to prevent from just going down a person's post.. Also the higher the reputation you have the more heavy impact you cause when you rate a person weither good or bad.. So it doesn't look like it can be abused too much..

That should answer your question Ladysilverice

Oh and Schultz

My last post never mentioned there content pertaing to there post count. My point was by looking at the # of post and when they joined you can get an idea of how ofter they visit the boards.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
fahad17 Wrote:schultz sed b4 theres a kinda block where u have to vote for another 20 ppl bvefor u can vote for the first person again.
Yes thats correct.. they can't just keep rating on you. they have to rate 20 other people before then can rate you again (except for admins we can do it all day long). Also i have been reading furthor is you have a weight modifier for how much a person votes affects yours.. If a person has low score then there decision won't affect you much.. but if a person has a high reputation and puts a negative feedback then it will cause more damages so people that the board holds in high reputation will have more effect.. which i think they have done a great job balencing everything out.
Oh, that's really cool! Ok then! No complaints here! Thanks for clearing that up. Schultz, how much time do you devote to this site? It seems like you do alot of work on it. I think it looks great! Keep up the good work! Big Grin
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
ladysilverice Wrote:Oh, that's really cool! Ok then! No complaints here! Thanks for clearing that up. Schultz, how much time do you devote to this site? It seems like you do alot of work on it. I think it looks great! Keep up the good work! Big Grin
Lately i haven't devoted the amount of time that i should be. Real Life stuff is more priority then this site. We have a bunch of things we want to add but not enough time to do them in. I had been looking at this forum upgrade for a while. (Note: i didn't make the forum software its made by Jelsoft i just had to customize it to work with our site)
Thank you for all the work that you put into the site Schultz. I may have said it before but I really do mean it. THANK YOU!
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Thank you Schultz for your work and for helping me out when I needed. Smile

I personally don't think reputation points are all that important. I'll know if I like someone here or not by talking to them over time not based on a little green square. However I do think it's an interesting feature and I have nothing against it. I'd just like to know exactly how I'm doing. What the hell does "Andromeda18_ is off the scale" mean?!!! I was "on a distinguished road" 2 days ago!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I think that means someone gave you a negative and now you're back to 0 again.
actually, i think it's 10, and you work, your way down to 0 or up to 20.
Actually the point scale goes way larger.. and you can also go into the negatives.. but its something that will be shown over time.. if its even used.. ;o)
well, some people did give me points. Yay?
Hmm, apparently I am off the scale. Is that a good thing?
it means no one gave you any rep points.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help on Reputation points! Black Howling 1 1,454 12-11-2004, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Puppet Master