the quest for muzzy
tsunami Wrote:trying to learn something a little backwards like spanish or latin based languages.

spanish is based off of latin. Romance languages are actually far less backwards and make far more sense than Germanic languages, like English.
kakomu Wrote:spanish is based off of latin. Romance languages are actually far less backwards and make far more sense than Germanic languages, like English.

well, i think that all depends on your perspective.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
I only say spanish and latin are backwards due to the fact they deal with feminen and masculine nouns and plural verbs (hablo, hablas, habla, hablamos, hablen). But yes spanish has almost the same sentence structure but it is those two factors I hate the most.

I don't which is harder now russian or mandarin since I took a look at russian last night.
tsunami Wrote:I only say spanish and latin are backwards due to the fact they deal with feminen and masculine nouns and plural verbs (hablo, hablas, habla, hablamos, hablen). But yes spanish has almost the same sentence structure but it is those two factors I hate the most.

I don't which is harder now russian or mandarin since I took a look at russian last night.

you know, if you think about it, dealing with feminen and masculine nouns and plural verbs, can make things a lot clearer. i heard that english is a difficult language to learn, and to people who don't know it i'm sure feel it's pretty f'ed up and backwards. i think all languages will seem backwards and hard to learn if you don't already know it Wink i'm trying to learn languages from different language groups. i pretty good at spanish, and i'm learning german now, next i want to learn an asian language, but do they have any similarities between them? i'm kinda thinking that they don't. i wish i could learn all languages.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
yeah my mom did a paper on that kind of thing.
Once the threads of fate are tangled they can never be undone..