What Anime whould you like to see as a Live Action Movie
Quote:Originally posted by Mantis421
but because of the aging thing no other names were mentioned

Ummmm . . . I think that's what I just said in my last post.
I know I just wanted to put the whole exert of what was said not just part of it

After watching Van Hellsing i thought that with the same budget Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust would look pretty nice.

I'd also like to see Parasyte released. There was talk of it being done but i think it is far too gory to make much money. But without a reasonable budget it will just be a b-movie gore fest.
Quote:Originally posted by CrayonShinChan
After watching Van Hellsing i thought that with the same budget Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust would look pretty nice.

I didn't even think about Vampire Hunter D. Could easily make that into a great live action movie. Also, I really didn't like Van Helsing. I almost fell asleep in the theater and that never happens to me. Guess I went in expecting a bad ass with great fight scenes. Van Helsing was kind of a wuss and they could have cut about 30 minutes out of the movie without really losing anything much.
Crayon, unfortunately for people who would go see Parasyte Eve who were totally unfamilliar with the game and everything else that went with it. The casual movie patron would view Par. Eve as a Resident Evil knock off

i would have to disagree with the parasite eve resident evil knock of thing. parasite eve had nothing to do with zombies. these kind of movies and games are ripping off of old cult b films anyways. a vampire hunter d movie would be good if it had an R rating but since hollywood has been dumbing down movies to get more ticket sales i doubt it would ever happen. come on alien vs. predator is going to be pg-13 how can that movie be any good, i hate hollywood. i agree with you cidien van helsing wasn't very good, i was expecting the same thing, and the same with the chronicles of riddick.

it would be difficult to properly do a live action movie of a 26ep. series because the amount of story line they would have to fit into the movie and that would make it difficult to pull off.
You are right about the Alien vs Predator I think and I could be wrong that this is the first film in eather series that is PG-13. But as far as the comparisons. We might be able to tell the differnce easily enough, but most movie patrons know very little about the titles they watch other then a 30 second avertisement

that is true
Quote:Originally posted by Mantis421
Crayon, unfortunately for people who would go see Parasyte Eve who were totally unfamilliar with the game and everything else that went with it. The casual movie patron would view Par. Eve as a Resident Evil knock off

Parasyte is a manga which is not the same as parasyte eve.

I saw P. eve and i did not see much similarity with R.evil. I just found it a boring sack of crap which i wanted to turn off.
i appologize crayonshinchan i didn't read the post clearly enough. i was also refering to the parasite eve game not the awful movie.
Unfortunately for all of us we have our list of anime titles we would love to see in a Live Action movie form if it was done right, but most anime is not known outside of anime fan circles very well. I think most people who don't know anime or anime titles would think of transformers as an example. We all have to admitt we all have that one title we think would work that even amoung ourseves we disagree on
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
same with the chronicles of riddick.

Aw crap. Was looking forward to that movie. Heard a few people say it sucked now. =/ The fact that it's already in the cheap seats here says as much. (It was in the cheap seats a couple weeks ago) Funny thing is, a highly anticipated crappy movie gets an awesome game. We need more good movies with good games. Very rare. =/
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
i appologize crayonshinchan i didn't read the post clearly enough. i was also refering to the parasite eve game not the awful movie.

No probs, guess not many ppl know about it:
http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?prope...rycode=BMG
BLADE tHE iMMORTAL Manga as a live Action would Rule!!!

Let the Heads Roll!Big Grin
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Blade the Immortal? is that the same as the Mavel comic they turned into the movies?