Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What Anime whould you like to see as a Live Action Movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
When I think about this one I think of the budget needed, how good special effects are and keeping the movie as close to the anime as posible and a few come to mind that I think would look good as a live action movie. Cowboy Bebop I think could be pulled off, given the story could be done with a semi Blade Runner special effects and well the story would be most important anyway. Series Experiment Lain but only if it was directed by Tim Burton he has such a dark approach to his films he would fit the story perfectly. and finally Escaflowne posibly if done with the look and feel of say the movie Willow You guys and gals have any idea's or feedback ???
I would prefer anime to be left alone. It is good enough.
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama
I would prefer anime to be left alone. It is good enough.

Yeah, especially for fantasy or sci-fi stuff.

Romance or comedies would translate better to live action. Just check out many succesful live action TV series there are based on manga/anime. Golden Boy would make a great movie or TV series
I agree with that. I personally enjoyed the Great Teacher Onizuka Drama, as well as the Gokusen Drama, both of which were originally anime/manga-based comedies.
There are a few I think could make great live action movies/series.

Patlabor
Yu Yu Hakusho
Hellsing
Berserk
Jin Roh
Ghost in the Shell
Boogiepop Phantom (already made one)
Lodoss War
Blood
Final Fantasy (if they actually try to give it a decent story)
Maybe Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Possibly Kenshin

They'd have to give all of these high budgets and treat them as adult programs though, otherwise it would be pointless to even try.
I agree that Ghost in The Shell could be an interesting choice not alot of cyber punk type movie out there right now anyway. If square could afford to do another one of the Final Fantasy films CG or live action it would be welcome to me. Kenshin to me I think would work much better as an Live action TV series more so then a Movie.
Damn. You sure are starting up lots of new threads. Well, at least they're semi well thought out threads and not of the usual 'list your top 10 anime' type.

I don't know if there is any anime I'd want to see made into live action. It loses alot when you turn it into live action. Right now, I have this image of Faye or Spike or Gatts that would only be ruined if some actor tried playing them. I like the 'idea' of Spike better than associating him with Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise or whoever.
I agree with you that seeing a big name Hollywood type playing Spike or the others would definately ruin it. Some of the best movies I have seen recently didn't have american directors or major cast but did have Hollywood budgets. Off the top of my head I can't think of a good pair to play Spike or Faye right now

You have a good point, I think casting would be much more of a problem then story in making a live action. Its not every day when you can find a Angelina Jolie who I think does fit the Tomb Raider character pretty close, or Lori Petty in Tank Girl. Overall their is a very small # of anime I think could even be pulled off. As I said before Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell I always think of the movie Blade Runner
I kinda want to see what Evangelion is going to be like... The thing is nobody could totally interpret the whole thing due to it being so crazy so I dont think someone has a right to do that but can you imagine what the battles will look like!?
When I was at the Otakon ADV panel, someone asked Matt about the Eva movie. He said that they haven't even thought of casting it yet, because whoever is the right age now, will be too old by then. So most likely, the Eva pilots will be played by people we haven't heard of yet.
I did some hunting around to see what I could find out about the LA movie EVA info is scarce right now. I did find out when I believe director to be Matt Greenfield was asked recently about posible cast he only mentioned Laurence Fishburne had been approached but because of the aging thing no other names were mentioned

I hope they use unknown actors... It will make the film seem less hollywood sell out... Im not really 'into' well known actors as they get typecast and there is nobody I can think of that could 'be' any of the Eva characters...
Lyndsey Lohan could by Asuka!

This was a joke. Your heart rate can now return to normal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5