Non-mech anime
I know what you mean. Lol. It has been taking me forever to collect the whole series due to the amount of episodes but I don't mind too much I guess. Oh yeah, nice Kenshin avatar Wink.
Hot Damn, that was cool!

Thanks. Big Grin Knew that would be my avatar as soon as I saw it lol.
I know what you mean. It is always great to see kenshin's eyes bug out and stuff. Especially when someone throws something at him or hits him over the head. :p .
Hot Damn, that was cool!

I really enjoy Slayers because it seemed to have the right mix of everything. There never seemed to be any fillers. And what I thought were fillers actually played out to help the story. It was also the right length.

But Vicious you said it has to do with which version you say first right. You could be more true. Take Ranma for example i had watched the first 4 seasons on VHS from Pionner. Then there were some voice actor changes the main one being Ranma. Over night I went from loving the english version to dreading it. I made myself rewatch and rebuy the first 4 seasons in Japanese. I refell in love with the series and the voices don't change. I am having Akane watch it in english because I am introducing her to the series. I want her to get used to the charcters and then after season 4 she is going to switch to Japanese.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Season 4 was so difficult to get through. The only real VA change I believe was male Ranma. And being as that's one of the main voices, it killed me. And then you add the annoying ass principal in there.
Quote:Originally posted by Ryoku Slayer
Another title I recommend is Comic Party. This title is only cool if you like drawing manga or making Doujinshi. Plus there is a lot of familiar stuff in comic party that you just might notice in anime in real life.

I don't think it has to be ONLY drawing manga. There are a lot of parallels you can draw to any creative hobby, like writing. And people have forgotten to mention that Comic Party has Taishi, which makes it worthy of purchase in and of itself.

As to what you watch first, to a certain extent that is true. There are exceptions. The first time I watched Castle of Cagliostro it was in English, but after watching so much Lupin that was only in Japanese, I just couldn't do it anymore. I just think the Japanese Lupin is better.
?»?æ?©?ºF
?Î?©?Ì?D
So far I have liked all of the Japanese versions better. Of everything I have watched I mean. What I usually do is start collecting the manga and then if I like it I buy the series. I am crazy and reasearch all about the sries like the company and voice actors. I am always trying to make a good investment with the things I buy. It hasn't been workign for me lately. My bro has been nagging me about collecting one series at a time but I can't help but keep buying up the new ones. It keeps messing up my dvd arrangement Rolleyes .
Hot Damn, that was cool!

Quote:Originally posted by Batik
So far I have liked all of the Japanese versions better. Of everything I have watched I mean.

Try watching the dubbed version 1st, before you watch it in subbed for some of those series. According to my theory, if it's a decent dub, if you listen to it dubbed 1st, you will end up liking those voices better. You can always list what series you're gonna be watching so I can tell you if it's one of the better dubs or not.
Alright cool. ^______^. Thank you.
Hot Damn, that was cool!

BTW just finished s-CRY-ed and it's completely awesome. Will definitely buy the R1's of this someday. Characters are some of the best of any anime ever made and the action scenes are pretty cool.
Don't you think that "reason" is "speed"? You use time more efficiently by doing things faster! Anyone can dream of writing, but even stupid people can write a masterpiece novel in twenty years!! Is a competent mangaka a monthly series writer or a weekly series writer? Instead of a weekly series writer a three day mangaka would be a GREAT mangaka!! Ah~~~~~~~~h! Two minutes and twenty seconds! Another second, I have shrunk the world!!
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Hahaha. Cougar was definitely my favorite character. I thought about changing my avatar to him but you already have him. Smile One thing I don't get though. At the end did he die? He would have no reason to die where he was but he goes limp like he's dead and it shows him later that episode again and he's still hanging there like he's dead. Anyone know for sure what's up with that?
*SCRYED SPOILERS!!!*

When they showed him loungin' during the epilogue episodes at the end, and he just kind of goes limp, I took it to mean he was dead. There was a couple of references during the show to the fact that living as "fast" as he did for all that time was taking him ever closer to death... and that he didn't have much life left in him.

I've only watched the series once, though, and as he was my favorite character as well... I'd like to think that he lived on... but I don't think so.

As far as the avatar goes... you might be able to steal 'im from me as I was pondering switching to a picture of the Cat Baron, upon watching the Cat Returns. Wink

Or... just go with it anyways... heck, there's about 100 Kenshin avatars kickin' around, so why not a couple of Cougars.

Aye, there are a lot of Kenshin avatars, but I think mine is a lot different from theirs. I laugh ever time I see it lol. Maybe if I find a picture of Cougar I really like I will switch.

If they make a s-CRY-ed 2 (which it sounded like they would at the end) I really do hope Cougar isn't dead. Would be awesome for him to return.
Whoops, I forgot yours -was- a Kenshin avatar... but yeah, that's exactly the point. There's enough variety in the images used that it doesn't really matter. The look on his face in yours is classic.

If you search for "Straight Cougar" on google, one of the first pages that comes up has some very decent avatar images.

PowerDVD makes it so easy to do screen captures, though, that I'm really planning on capping my own picture soon.

It would be nice to see Cougar back in some way, shape, or form in an sCRYed sequel... if one gets made. Even if they just have him in flashbacks to before he joined HOLD.