R1 Hk ?
By the way Jiro Komyoji, I like your sig. Its pretty sweet, Kakashi is awsome. Cool Big Grin
Thank you, and congrats on your 200 posts
Quote:Originally posted by Jiro Komyoji
Thank you, and congrats on your 200 posts

Thanks, congrats on your 9 posts. Big Grin Wink Maybe once you have 200 you can be as cool as me. LOL
So nobody answered his/her questions... and yes, I know they can probably find them in the FAQ or by searching the forum, what can I say? It's almost 5 am, and I'm awake... and in a helpful mood... Rolleyes

R1 is Region 1 coding on DVD's, hence the US and Canada
HK is Hong Kong DVD's, usually R0 or all region coding and can be played by any DVD player... albeit not always well... Rolleyes and usually not the same quality as R1 disks are.

MAC is a company that produces some of the HK's, or in particular Manga Anime/Animation Cartoon the others are listed in the FAQ and some of them have various names so it can get somewhat confusing... and I still couldn't tell you which ones were the same company!

Oh, nice sig, btw... (and nice come backs.. Vicious is sorta in attack mode these days... :eek: or more so than usual... :p )
Quote:Originally posted by Amethyst

Oh, nice sig, btw... (and nice come backs.. Vicious is sorta in attack mode these days... :eek: or more so than usual... :p )

Who? Innocent little old me? :eek:
i enjoy vicious' comments, they humor me. you took to him better than most.
Heh, thanks. I guess I'm just cool like that...? But apparently not as cool as spike...

But thank you for your explanation of R1 and HK. It helped.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Who? Innocent little old me? :eek:

Am I the only one who wants to meet Vicious in real life so that I can pet him like a little kitty kitty & ask him to purr?...why is it I feel that I am, & that I'd probably get shot for doing that -_-Sad

Anyways, hello to the new guy!
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Yes, you are the only one. But you've always had suicidal tendencies, so that would explain it. :mad:
Quote:Originally posted by Batz Kage

Anyways, hello to the new guy!

Hello to you to. Man, I'm feeling the love.Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Jiro Komyoji
Heh, thanks. I guess I'm just cool like that...? But apparently not as cool as spike...

But thank you for your explanation of R1 and HK. It helped.

You will never be as cool as me, its just not possible. Big Grin LOL
Quote:Originally posted by -spike-
You will never be as cool as me, its just not possible. Big Grin LOL

It hurts me so...
i dont know about the petting thing...or the purring....

but what i do know about is fist fighting. i think i would like to get into a fist fight with vicious. nothing malicious of course, just for fun (yeah i know).

vicious seems like the type of person that would make for an especcially fun fist fight, just because its so easy to get the motivation to hit him. and when it comes right down to it, he only lives like 2.5 hours from me. but thats still a long drive just for a (perhaps drunken?) fist fight.

just to be sure, i dont want to fight vicious because i dislike him, only because i can't resist a good raging fist fight, and i firmly believe that he could provide that. no malice intended.

-Vile
Look, maybe you just saw a one headed monkey carrying two watermelons.
I wouldn't mind getting into a fight either. But I can't get into a fight 'just for fun'. I can't be sitting there thinking 'I can't hit him there' or 'Gotta pull my punch'. If I'm gonna get into a fight, it has to be a real fight. I can't worry about hurting the other person.

It's funny you should mention fist fighting though. Because just the other day, I wanted to hit someone and was watching something on TV about boxing. I was thinking perhaps I should take some boxing lessons, cuz then we got gear on and can go ahead and try and knock each other out without worrying about doing too much damage. I'll have to look into that and see how affordable it is.
buddy boxing is fun, you don't feel a thing when your wasted of your ass, that is until the next morning. But it's always worth it every time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  R1 or HK? Andromeda18_ 34 17,298 07-08-2004, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Vicious
  Marlamade Boy 1st boxset R1 ar HK price! matthewmalay 19 12,272 04-24-2004, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Vicious
  R1 vs. HK Vicious 81 25,196 03-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Last Post: OptimisticOx
  What are some good HK sets of series that aren't R1? Steve_the_Talking_Pie 31 12,834 07-17-2002, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Steve_the_Talking_Pie