R1 or HK?
There are no R1 Studio Ghible boxsets. You have to buy each disc individually.
it doesn't really matter to me if they are hk's or r1's. but i am cheap so i will go for the lowest price. whether its a hk, r1, off ebay etc etc
I want to buy R1's, but I dont have a job. So when I have $29 I buy a series. Once I have a good job and start making some real money, I will buy all R1's. I will also most likely replace all of my HK's with R1's.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Another reason I like the R1's is because of extras like commentaries and interviews with the American VA's. ADV seems to do alot more of these types of extras than the other companies. Although, Geneon did put in a commentary on the newly released ROD disc 1.

Has anyone seen the Marmalade Boy commentary? The VA's are just plain ignorant saying stuff like 'oh this series if from the '70s you know?'. They could of at least done some fucking research and all they do is take the piss out of the show... They just love the sound of their own voice :mad:
Quote:Originally posted by gubi-gubi
Has anyone seen the Marmalade Boy commentary? The VA's are just plain ignorant saying stuff like 'oh this series if from the '70s you know?'. They could of at least done some fucking research and all they do is take the piss out of the show... They just love the sound of their own voice :mad:

I tried listening to some of it. But they weren't really that interesting. The only VA on that dub I'd care about is Michelle Ruff, but she wasn't very entertaining in her commentary.

And alot of the times, the VA's don't know much about the shows, unless they're huge anime fans like Greg Ayres and some others. Usually it's up to the ADR director to tell them how to act for that particular character and stuff like that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  R1 Hk ? Jiro Komyoji 31 10,452 06-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Last Post: israfel
  Marlamade Boy 1st boxset R1 ar HK price! matthewmalay 19 12,095 04-24-2004, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Vicious
  R1 vs. HK Vicious 81 24,592 03-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Last Post: OptimisticOx
  What are some good HK sets of series that aren't R1? Steve_the_Talking_Pie 31 12,687 07-17-2002, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Steve_the_Talking_Pie