Upcoming Perfects from FX and MAC
Wow that's a really awesome cover art... I know you said you weren't taking requests yet, but I have to ask.. PLEASE RIP SLAYERS. I can't understand why no one has done it yet and it is a popular enough series to sell well... sorry if this annoys you, seeing as you said no requests yet but I just have to know!
Hope- it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness ~The Architect
I'm glad you like it!

Slayers? Hmmm.... isn't there R1 rips of Slayers already? Particularly the MAC set. If the MAC set is flawed, then I can't refix that, MAC only wants ones that they haven't done yet.... and I dunno if FX will want it. Plus, HOW many DVDs is it? That'd be alot to get..

I suppose I could rip the video from an MI set, or someone that has a good set, and add timed fansub scripts to it. Scriptclub.org has them, well anyway, I'll think about it, I might be able to have my friend do it (the one I'm training Smile ) But I would still have to get the HK DVDs of it, and even that would be tough.
All the available sets aren't dubbed... so my guess would be no, they aren't R1 rips. Perhaps they can remaster it?

To answer your question, Slayers is 26 eps... but Slayers Next and Slayers TRY, are also 26 episodes long, but are a continuation of the series. It would seem like a wise idea to have R1 rips as opposed to whatever else is out there, whoever had the dub/sub track would get the majority of the business for the series. It'd be a shame if it didn't get the proper treatment, but I do thank you for your time!Smile
Hope- it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness ~The Architect
It's not 3 DVDs a month, you can only rent 3 DVDs at a time. You can send them back at any time and they will send you your next batch of DVDs. So you can rent something like 10-15 DVDs month.

I would love to see FLCL and Fruits Baskets Perfect sets
FLCL I like the idea of, I kinda want to see it. But Netflix and that other place doesn't let me search their database to see what they got unless I'm a member (which I don't like the idea of).... but I'll see if they have it.
Correct me if I'm wrong but are you like a middle person in the HKDVD business? So you rip a series and then offer it to whoever want's to produce it(Fx/MAC), or do they give you an assignment to rip a series?
If you don't wana tell what your position in the business is I respect that, just curious.

How long does ripping a series take? And are you responsible for my Bebop/Trigun/Kenshin sets(Fx)? If so, YOUR THE MAN!!!
Man the art on that HAck set looks beautiful, thanks you are saving my azz lots of money now.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
I'm just starting, so never did the Bebop or Trigun or anything, otherwise there would be much less pixelation.

When I want to do a series, I see if anyone wants it, and most likely one will, and in that case, I'll go ahead and then make it. I don't say I exactly work for them (though I do get paid in DVDs)... You see, I used to be a DVD fansubber, but my favorite series' kept getting licensed, and you try distributing DVDs from your home. In the end, I decided to go HK, plus I get to make packaging!

The only titles I'm doing are the one on my first post, and I will of course do more later on, but I'm not sure which series' for who yet.
I would pay believeable amounts of money for a perfect (R2 w/ perfect subs) Hunter X Hunter + OVAs set!!!
Slayers, by the way, for R1 DVDs, is 12 DVDs [4 DVDs per series] plus the OAV and the Movie, so it's more like 15 DVDs [the latest movie doesn't have an R1, but it will soon, as it's been licensed and is currently being dubbed]
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
MAC lists the Slayers set as with J and E audio, so I'm sure that is a perfect collection that would be worthy enough not to need to have another set done.

FLCL I like the idea of, but would there really be that much of a demand for it? The HKs so far are basically perfect, since the subs were on the R2's... so it's not essentially needing a good HK DVD set.

And for HunterXHunter, faaaaar too long. I don't have as much patience for a long series unless it's a rip of it, otherwise I have to go through the subtitles and fix them up. Unless there is a fansub script available. I can only find one of the OAV, so I may do that one, but that would probably be my extent of the series.

Going further on, I will have a perfect version made (doesn't mean an R1 rip) of any discs people send me, with the maximum being 2 discs long, so basically a short series or OAV. So essentially, if you send me an R1, I will rip it and give it to MAC if Flora won't take it. If you send me an HK, I will rip the video, make the video quality better (if needed), and add perfect english subtitles. I will ONLY do the second if you can point out where I can get an already timed script with translations, such as Script Club or if you have it yourself.

I am NOT going to do any yet, I'm am working very hard at .hack//SIGN right now, and want to focus on that until volume 1 is finished. While requests are fine, please don't give any more until later on... there's always some fan of a series who will want an HK (or a better HK) DVD of it done, so I'm not promising anything.

Series' I would like to do myself already, probably only Movies or OAV's of it...

_-One Piece
_-Utena
_-Detective Conan
_-Onegai Teacher (R1 rip)

Doesn't mean I will do lots of those, but I am definantly going to be considering them.
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
MAC lists the Slayers set as with J and E audio, so I'm sure that is a perfect collection that would be worthy enough not to need to have another set done.

It's wrong. They did an R1 rip for NEXT and did a bad job with it, crackled audio and all. When they released the large Slayers set, they said it had Japanese AND English audio for the whole set, when only NEXT had the english [bad] audio.
Let's say I have the fansub scripts for HXH...then will you consider it. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but it's HXH man!!!
I don't think I can, MAC has one released already, and FX won't want it (I know for sure, he only wants huge titles), unless MAC lets me release it.

Another thing, I can't afford to buy the R2's. Even if it's for a series I really want done. I could possibly use the HKs and fix the video problems, but once again for a series that I don't personally like, I'm not exactly up to it. Maybe sometime I'll look for someone who has HunterxHunter for trade. I will do an OAV or movie of it! If it's short then I'm there.
-I- could care less about a Slayers R1 rip, as I already own the R1s . I was just pointing out a mistake, that's all.