Share your knowledge about the upcoming Playstation Portable
Quote:Originally posted by Schultz
Of course that is why there was a [B]I in that sentance.. but don't get me wrong i have the First two gundam games. ;o) [/B]

And i just eat my words today.. I went to our BX here and was looking through Gamecube and Ps2 games.. and i actually bought a Ps2 game.. Picked me up Arc The Lad.. hehe will probably start playing it after next week..
Wow, BX is sounding better and better all the time Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Schultz
Plus i rarely rarely buy any Sony games anymore.. nothing interesting that i want to buy that won't come out on Gamecube just a while later.. ;o)

I kind of agree that lately Sony hasn't release many hot, hot games. But Chaos Legion, lately released for PS2 and it is to me a really kick ass game (It's the mayhem in the game that makes it so cool). Many excellent games for PS2 will be release at 2004. I don't find many atractive games for the Gamecube. The only ones that I liked for the Cube are the Star Wars games, the upcoming Metal Gear game, and the Final Fantasy new game, and Metroid too.
In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
I noticed this thread keeps comeing back to ff and now ill add my two cents.If square did bring out another ffv11 there is no reason why it shouldnt be on the psp..You say the reason they wouldnt is because there are more powerful systems but the ps2 doesnt have a 4 inch screen.Imagine how detailed a ps2 game is on a 4 inch screen.althouh it also depends on the quality of the screen.Also as to them not being able to pull off the hardware due to overheating and what not.The ps1 only had a 33mhz processor if it wasnt posible to make 10x faster processor explain my pocket pc which is running quite hapily at 400mhz.I also think that there is alot more to the psp than games.I think that sony for the time being are marketing it as purely a game device as saying that it does anything else would give the impression that they are doing a half asses job on the gaming side of things much like nokia.The psp decodes mp3 and divx.Id imagine there will be mp3 player support.That way people are more likely to justify the $200 price tag.
Another interesting thing about the psp is that it appears to have some type of floating processor much the same as pocket pcs use to conserve power.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by wrxh8r
If square did bring out another ffv11 there is no reason why it shouldnt be on the psp..You say the reason they wouldnt is because there are more powerful systems but the ps2 doesnt have a 4 inch screen.Imagine how detailed a ps2 game is on a 4 inch screen.althouh it also depends on the quality of the screen.

On the other hand imagine how good brand new FF CGI intros and cutscenes would look on a big widescreen TV with a component or RGB set up and DTS sound.

Don't forget the graphics standard of the PSP will be higher than the PSOne, but not as good as the current PS2.

You're right there is no reason why a possible sequel to FFVII could not come out on PSP. As I said it would help sell the system. The trouble is that from the start the PSP will be playing catch-up with Nintendo. Although I don't doubt it [the PSP] will sell I wouldn't bet on it overtaking the GBA even with the help of FF.

A far better strategy would be for FFVII-2 (if it gets the go-ahead) to launch on PS3 thus ensuring Sony gets an immediate headstart on Nintendo and Microsoft by having a surefire RPG on its latest console (pretty much essential for the Japanese market).
Quote:Originally posted by wrxh8r
I noticed this thread keeps comeing back to ff and now ill add my two cents.If square did bring out another ffv11 there is no reason why it shouldnt be on the psp..You say the reason they wouldnt is because there are more powerful systems but the ps2 doesnt have a 4 inch screen.Imagine how detailed a ps2 game is on a 4 inch screen.althouh it also depends on the quality of the screen.Also as to them not being able to pull off the hardware due to overheating and what not.The ps1 only had a 33mhz processor if it wasnt posible to make 10x faster processor explain my pocket pc which is running quite hapily at 400mhz.I also think that there is alot more to the psp than games.I think that sony for the time being are marketing it as purely a game device as saying that it does anything else would give the impression that they are doing a half asses job on the gaming side of things much like nokia.The psp decodes mp3 and divx.Id imagine there will be mp3 player support.That way people are more likely to justify the $200 price tag.
Another interesting thing about the psp is that it appears to have some type of floating processor much the same as pocket pcs use to conserve power.

Your forgetting some things.. the PS2 also has the Same 33mhz processor for its Input/Output system, But a 300mhz for its main cpu.. thats what makes it still compatible with Ps1 games.. But the thing is.. They are wanting to add a 3d cards.. which generate alot of heat when they are fully used.. Hence why the ps2 has a fan inside of it.. Also all mobile Laptops have Floating processor.. They change there clock speed to how much you are doing.. I see Sony is trying to put alot of what they do for there laptops into there PSP.. But like i have always said.. I am wanting a Handheld Gaming system.. Which GBA does very nicely.. And can your Pocket PC render a 3d image at a sustained FrameRate at its 400mhz? they are wanting to build something way beyond that.. which like we all state it will have to be kinda bulky and with the 3d card and process generate more heat then it should..

And yes i would much more perfer FFVII-2 on PS3 then PSP..
Prophet Hero wrote
Quote:A far better strategy would be for FFVII-2 (if it gets the go-ahead) to launch on PS3 thus ensuring Sony gets an immediate headstart on Nintendo and Microsoft by having a surefire RPG on it's latest console (pretty much essential for the Japanese market).

On the point ae usuall PH which would stand to reason why X-box has suffered so much in the Japanese market no RPG of quality yet. Oh that same note it seems that Nintendo is finally stepping up. They are opening markets in China and stopping production of the GC and will announce there next two generation systems this coming Spring after FF:CC hits the states...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
from http://www.gamesindustry.biz
Sony Computer Entertainment boss Ken Kutaragi has confirmed that the company plans to release peripherals which add mobile phone and digital camera functionality to the PlayStation Portable, as devkits for the new console begin shipping.

He also said that the ps3 is backward compatible with both ps2 and ps1.
Sony has some interesting plans for the future.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
Revealed: http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default...pagetype=2
I think game companies need to worry a little more about thier current systems. All of them "talk" about what they are going to do with thier next gen systems while doing so little with the current ones! It is enough to drive me mad!

Also the psp looks like some new age cell phone. I really doubt I'll own one.Wink
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36