Most difficult videogame
so right but Fear Effect (both 1 & 2) are like the closest yet I have felt to a video game anime. They felt more like an interactive anime then anything else I have ever played before...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
oh yes, most definitely. Those games were just like playing an anime. I got SO tired of seeing some of the death scenes though *died so much*

Like the scene where Glas gets fried while trying to sneak through the electricity (FE2) or the scene where you have to shoot that guy that is under the bed and if you miss...you see a cutscene of the women on top of the bed being shot. (FE1) And let's not even bring up the kitchen area in FE1. :p

Actually, I think I read something about a sequel that is coming to PS2...can't remember where I saw that though.
I can think of two classic games that were actually playing anime. The game play wasn't the best but you were actually playing a game made from scenes cut from different anime.
The best one was Cliffhanger which was cut almost entirely from Castle of Cagliostro (there are a few scenes from other Lupin III movies). Basically you had to push a button or move the joystick in time with the action on the screen. If you misstimed it you got a cut scene of Lupin being hung from MAMO. I spent a lot of money on this game when it first came out in the arcades.

The other game that comes to mind is Road Avenger for the Sega CD. I still have a copy of this game and wish I knew what show it was edited from. I find it hard to believe that a company would have animated that many driving scenes just for a mediochre video game. It is kind of neat to play it all the way through once just to see all the animation but again, the action consists of pushing buttons in time with existing animation.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
The Fear Effect games remind me of the game "Flash Back". Now that was a pain in the ass.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
A friend of mine was playing Time Lord on NES, and that game was so lame, the enemies would not stop coming and he couldn't even move basically. After a few minutes he got so mad he kicked his TV and NES and broke them Sad
I hate the part in that game where you have to shoot the orb to keep it from moving up and you also have to keep jumping and shooting and try to not get hit by the mexican thing shooting at you. Man time lord SUX!!! Quick!!! Get those retarded mushroom patches before they disappear for more points!! Stupid game!
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Yea Time lord blew goat's balls. I owned it for like two days...

But Cliffhanger now I will be going home to my MAME 32 and punching up that game. Unlimited quarters and anime action here I come
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
The other game that comes to mind is Road Avenger for the Sega CD. I still have a copy of this game and wish I knew what show it was edited from. I find it hard to believe that a company would have animated that many driving scenes just for a mediochre video game. It is kind of neat to play it all the way through once just to see all the animation but again, the action consists of pushing buttons in time with existing animation.

I still have that too. That game was the greatest! It could get frustrating and the graphics look pretty choppy when I look back at it now...but I really do like Road Avenger. There was another made by that company...Revenge of the Ninja, I believe. It was kinda anime-like also.
Mario Land on Game Boy back in the day was hard as Hades. It was a lot of fun though!
I don't know if you guys find this to be true, but to me, games seem like there getting too easy. It seems that there isn't a good challenge out there anymore.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama
I don't know if you guys find this to be true, but to me, games seem like there getting too easy. It seems that there isn't a good challenge out there anymore.

I totally agree with you, I think part of it has to do with that save option, but yeah up until I played Metroid Prime and maybe Mario Sunshine games were rather simple.
Sunshine was great! I love it but my only complaint is how short the Bowser Fight was. Metroid Prime is pretty hard too though. I still haven't beaten it. And I have owned it since it was released. Too bad I'm busy with the new Armored Core right now. I have to say the Armored Core is my absolute Favorite Game ever. I have ALL of them!!!
Super Contra [for the Super NES] was a bitch to beat....
Wai!
Contra Shattered Soldier on PS2 ROX!!! It is hard too but fun the whole time! I can't believe the awsome soundtrack to it either!!!
It was a fun game, and it had some "flashback" villians.Big Grin