Most difficult videogame
A great game was Rygar, but how about Ninja Giaden... Now that was a hard game and 3 was damn near impossable....
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
I could get to some mountain stage in Ninja Gaiden 2...and it was curtains from there on. Those games were tough (or maybe I just wasn't that great at video games).
I actually got pretty good at Ninja Gaiden.
I worked in an arcade for a while and that was one of the games I played in my spare time. It definitely was one of the harder ones.

Rygar was too but it has that cool music and I love that weapon.

Does anyone else here remember the game Heavy Barrel?
There's another one that worked the reflexes.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
I had Contra, and Rygar on my Nintendo. I love those games so much.Cool
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Oh yes, the Ninja Gaiden series was tough...especially part 3 which was damn near impossible in the later levels. I had to beat that game with the Game Genie.

BTW, just curious...Has anyone ever broken a controller because of a game?

I remember that I broke one when I rented a SNES with Final Fight from Blockbuster. I got so mad because I lost to Abigail (Stage 5 boss) that I pounded the SNES controller into the floor and the game paused, and it would not unpause...lol. I had to plug in the second player controller to continue playing. And yeah, I had to pay for the controller and all. Wink I probably would have broken some NES controller, but my god, those things are indestructable!! :p
I had my Sega controller just lock up during a sonic game and he just kept running and running... backwards mind you...

Oh and as for Heavy Barrel man did that game give me problems... Oh and just out of the blew... Speaking of hard games what was the first game you ever thought...."Damn I need a guide just to get threw this game" For me it was Blaster Master... it would have been Metriod but I didn't get that until after BM...
I broke a controller...But it was because I spilled some Isopripyl Alcohol on it. I opened it up, and it all evaporated. I let it sit for a day, put back together and it worked just fine.

Now watching other people play. That's a different story. I've seen controllers that people use that will have cracks chips, dents, teeth marks etc. Hell, someone even hit me with a controller. I promptly got into a fight with them. But, some people take gaming too seriously. The only times I got pissy is when I'd play against a veteran of a game, and they wouldn't help me out in a bit (Usually would happen when i go to someone's house and he would get me to play a game. Some sort of wrestling game mostly, and I would get knocked out or pinned or whatever in no time flat). But, in those rare instances, I wouldn't throw a hissy fit or whatever.
I did break a lamp with a controller once.
I had rented Samurai Showdown for my SNES (which does have indestructable controllers) and spent some time before bed playing it with my fiance (now my wife). She proceded to wipe the screen with me just by mashing the buttons.
So I sent her off to bed and spent the whole night working on my technique, learning all the special moves and getting to the point where I could walk through the game getting almost all perfects against the computer on the hardest difficulty.
When my fiance came back downstairs in the morning to find me gloating with my computer whupping skills, she just sat down and picked up the controll. Guess what... she wiped the screen with me just by mashing the buttons!!!!
After four or five games of getting humiliated by her I lost it and chucked the controller across the room. The force of my throw managed to unplug the controller and sent it on a course right into the lamp we had.

She still laughs whenever we see Samurai Showdown in the arcade...
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
at least she mashed the buttons. I remember a guy who would just block the whole time in Street Fighter Alpha 3, until he could sneak a hit in. However, I would totally kick his ass by doing the same thing over and over again...and the dude never did anything to prevent me from using the same move over and over again. When I would kick his ass (and get some perfects) he said I was being cheap. I tried to explain to him the mechanics of engaging in a console fighting game and that anyone who just blocks is asking to have the opposing player do the same thing over and over again. I switched the blame to him and both his roommates agreed with me. However this kid refuses to believe that he's ever wrong. I could tell you the story of how I taught him to lift weights properly, but until a rainy day...or someone is curious enough to ask. He's probably still in denial about it all...
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
Ikari Warriors on NES!!! You play in an over head Contra style and I never got passed the 4th enemy!!! I played and played and you can't make it passed the first board!!!!

That was a great game i just picked it up for my old nes last year
I always had to do the infinite continue trick to get through it
Do you remember the third Ikari Warriors for the arcade? It was also a thumb burner.
Right now i would have to vote for Contra Shattered soldier
I think it has to be the hardest, and only good contra, since Hard Corps.
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman
Damn Right go Contra Hard Corps... I can't wait till I get
it on the GBA old style Contra
Who was your fav character
Mine was Wolf
Got to love a werewolf with a flamethrower!!
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman
Theif-1 on expert, normal was easy as shit, Expert takes skill..... got to last mission and spent 3 months trying almost every damn day and still never got anywhere with it.
Hell yeah, I agree with you Ghost and Goblins should be number one on anyone's list of most diffucult games ever. I always had trouble with megaman 1( thank God For emulators). The adventures of Dino Rikki, and as far as recent games maybe the new Contra for PS2. But I did have a hard time with Metroid Prime and freaking Mario Sunshine.
Hmmm, I've never played Contra: Hard Corps. I have wanted to though.

Dino Rikki was a bit ridiculous. I rented that one time.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Fear Effect 1 & 2. I still beat them both but I would NEVER want to go through them again...especially part 2, it was so frustrating. The storyline for both games was pretty good though. Smile