Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Most difficult videogame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Which games, that you have played, do you think are the most difficult? I expect most would be from the 8-bit days, cause those could really get me heated. :twisted:

Mine would be...

Ghost N' Goblins [NES] (the spawn of Satan itself Tongue )
Battletoads [NES] (it was fun up until that hoverbike part :wink: )
Devil May Cry on Dante Must Die Mode [PS2] (heh, very extreme)
Megaman Zero [Gameboy Advance] (I had to get rid of it, too agravating)
Megaman 1 [NES] (It got really hard once you got to Dr. Wily's castle)
I have to agree with Ghosts N' Goblins on any platform.
Heck, even in the arcade it's viewed as one of the hardest games of all times.
I can't remember. Most games nowadays are either easy...or hideously boring.

For me it would be a toss-up between Tetris and Metroid. Tetris would get really tough once you got past level 9, and Metroid would become an ultimate excercise in futility unless you made/downloaded a map considering most of the world had at least 3 other rooms that looked exactly like it.

Of worthy note would be the mega Man series. However, I would dominate the gameboy Versions, then play the nintendo versions, and they would so much harder than the game boy version to the point of frustration. Also, the Mega Man X levels after the first Sigma Level would get pretty hard as well.
Hands down Berserker, and Zagatto, Ghosts N' Goblins on any platform was one of the most diffcult games I ever played, But I think the version on the SNES was down and out right wrong get to the last level only to be told to go back and find the gold braclet so you could defet the boss and have to do the whole game over from the first level... I was pissed off...

A couple others
Mist... an exercise in hell that game was...
Castlevaina the first one on the NES
Gauntle that game made me so mad at times (elf needs food)

Maybe a few others but they were do able in bursts
but what about the first Ghosts n' Goblins title on nintendo that game is thirty times harder, and you have to go through it twice to win. Confusedweatdrop: I have done it, and to this day I still get pissed off when I think about it. Confusedweatdrop:

The bad end goes something like this:

This room was a trap by Satan (this is after you beat him) go back and Rapidly progress through the game.

Even when you get it right it was still really lame, and from what I remember it had alot of mis-spellings. Confusedweatdrop:
kakomu, I never have even beaten the first Metroid. I have seen it beat, but I have not done it yet myself...I would always get taken out by mother brain, usually due to the quicksand.

morgorath, I agree, that Castlevania on NES could get really hard. The last 2 stages were no joke...especially that stage with the Grim Reaper as the boss...it was so tough just to make it to him, let alone fighting him.

kakoi, my hat's off to you. I didn't even have the patience to make it through the 3rd level of that game without help. Wink Of course the Game Genie did not help you to much for that game.

Also, I neglected to mention Final Fantasy 1 for NES. That was before Phoenix Downs or any kind of life potions were made. If you were in the middle of a dungeon and lost a person(dead), you could not do anything until you came across a save point so you could a tent(or was it cabin?), or a town with a clinic.
I would have to say any of the moblie suit gundam games i thought were pretty hard.
I never could get into the Ghosts n' Goblins games. To be honest, games that are too frikin hard never piqued my interest...unless they were puzzle games, in which case you would use that as a spring board to get better. I was more into the games that are hard but beatable. Games for me were a time to calm down...not get frustrated.
The only puzzle games that ever sparked my interest was Puzzle Fighter and Bust A Move. Puzzle Fighter could get really ridiculous though if you were playing the computer and your opponent was Akuma...it seemed like every match would end with his Instant Hell Murder move. :mrgreen: Tetris was good, but I just couldn't get into that game too much.
What about the original Metal Gear. That game is tough. Confusedweatdrop:
Yeah, the first Metal Gear had those BS trap doors...lol

Did you ever play Snake's Revenge...that was even harder. Wink
I just thought that I didn't "get" Puzzle Fighter.
Any time I win, it seems as much by chance as when I lose.
I love Tetris and most other puzzle games in the same vein. My favourites are the competitive versions like Tetris Attack (which is only passingly like Tetris) or Tetris Battle Gaiden (which should have been released in the US because it is such a great game).
As for being hard. I have yet to run into a puzzle game that would rate as "the hardest".

One game I did find frustrating and put away because I had troubles with it was Maximo (a decendant of Ghosts and Goblins). I found it to be difficult because of the poor camera control and required accurate jumping. Ended up not being worth my time to play.
I remember playing Metal Gear. Trying to figure what was going on, I switched on Game Genie, only find that the friggin doors wouldn't open, and I couldn't get anywhere. I got mad at the game, and just deleted it from my HD.
Quote:Originally posted by "Zagatto"

One game I did find frustrating and put away because I had troubles with it was Maximo (a decendant of Ghosts and Goblins). I found it to be difficult because of the poor camera control and required accurate jumping. Ended up not being worth my time to play.

I love that game! I still haven't gotten 100% mastery in every level...but I will...oh yes, I will. :twisted:

Another game that can be frustrating is Contra: Shattered Soldier...especially if you want to make it the "true" final level.
Oh yes the first metal gear ...( Check other thread ) is coming to the Gamecube...

Kroova, the gundam games are pretty hard except for Journy to Jaburo pretty tame compared to some others...

kakomu, You have to get a walkthru for some of the older games hell binoic commando a walkthru is a must have...

Berserker, Talking about the Orginal Final Fantasy I just picked it up for my PS2 and man they didn't hold back on this game leveling up is a must....

I don't know about any puzzle fighters... I just know after a hour or two and teteris or clone of it get's pretty lame
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6