has anyone ever cried at the end of an anime series?
yeah, if there had to be more, I would just like it to be a short OVA, maybe even under a different name, or maybe not even have the same characthers, just in the same world, like the relationship with angel links to outlaw star.
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......
THERE ARE MAD KILLERS OUT THERE!!!

[Image: optimisticox.jpg]
i just finished the captain tylor ova collection. i thought the ending was quite good and although it didnt clear everything up, i was content with the conclusion. not the best ending ever but its a hell of a lot better than evangelion.
yeah, If only I knew the lyrics to that song, I woulda sung along.

your right, it doesnt clear anything up but you are still satisfied :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......

The most emotional impact I ever got was from the end of Cowboy Bebop. With BLue playing the background. Just hearing the song brings tears to my eyes. That series was so good. Probably the best show ever made I have seen. It's just... wow.
[Image: Cast7.txt]
yeah, its one of the best. your view slowly flies upward until you get into outerspace and if you look closely you can actually see the twinkle of a star burn out as the fortune teller talked about. Cry

Cry
truly stunning, I may hold things higher up than bebop but you have to admit the magnitude of emotion in some scenes of bebop.

Ya, I agree with Kakoi and Vance if additional eps are to be made.

In regards to this whole thread tho, I believe that the best animes (and all art/entertainment really) leave you wanting more. If more Bebop was made, the original ending might lose some of its power.

I mean, right now, that's it. That's "THE END!", and it's one hell of a "THE END!" at that. I dunno if I want something else. The Eva-R fan fics seem kinda blahhh in that way to me. 8O

I'm also kinda sick of the whole "everyone in the series blasts off to have more adventures ad infinitum" type of ending (see Outlaw Star, Captain Tylor, etc.)
Why do you want my signature? Are you forging a check or something!?
yeah, I agree completely, after all, why ruin a good thing? the ending is the way the creator intended it, so I dont think you should spoil it just for the sake of making more episodes for more money.

I don't mind if an anime ends with them setting off into space for another adventure, as long as more episodes aren't made. That is probably my favorite thing about a japanese series, it ENDS. :mrgreen:
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
well, im not so sure about series like dragonball, didnt it just keep on going until it had to stop in the middle of GT? but generally yes, but then again american cartoons dont really have an ongoing plot so it cant ever really end

*edit* I just realized that this was my 2222 post :mrgreen: that wont happen for another 1111 posts :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dragonball had one of those open ends, kind of. Gokuu flies off with Uubu, and it is over. He was going to train him to be earths defender, and that is where the series end. Think of GT as a long OVA, because if you think about it as a continuation of the series it will just piss you off. GT ended earlier because japanese people hated it. Big Grin
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
yeah, it wasnt even made by the origonal creator anyway right? I was just saying that there are some japanese cartoons that dont really end either.

yea akira toriyama (it might be spelt like that), decided that he wanted nothing to do with dbgt probably because he realised that he was rippin the arse out of the whole thing. the drangonball series was ok up until the end of the cell saga then it got really dodgy.

on the topic of series that dont quite end, i dont mind if there is no particular event that will take place next and the series ends. however if for example there is something that is drawing to a close and just before it reaches the final conclusion the series decides to end, then that annoys me quite a bit. although for some reason i was happy with captain tylors end :? . anime series that have a firm conclusion are much better, it doesnt even have to be ground breaking such as bebop and evangelion, just as long as it ends and the ending isnt a piece of shit. after all if we are gonna go to the trouble of watching a 26 episode series (perhaps even much more ie. drangonball/kenshin) then we expect a decent ending or at least some sort of ending.

theres me gettin all excited over nothing :|
yeah, I agree, as long as it ends its a good ending(except in cases such as Berserk, AHHH!!!) but for american cartoons each episode is its new series(almost) so it cant really end anywhere.