Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Sync-ing Issues with FX releases???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hello.

I'm brand new to these forums and I was curious if anyone had any sync-ing issues with any of their FX sets. Sync-ing issues would be audio and video (sound and picture) that don't synchronize, which means the audio either leads or lags behind the video. I was just wondering if there were certain sets notorious for being synchronized poorly or if its just a crap shoot as to whether you'll get a bad set or not. From what I've heard, FX is one of the best Hong Kong discount companies, so I'm sure there are plenty of other problems with other companies releases, but since I was planning on purchasing some FX releases, I was wondering if someone could fill me in to which sets I should probably avoid.

These are the sets I am purchasing:

RahXephon (TV series)
Haibane Renmei
Vision of Escaflowne (TV series)
FLCL

Please help me out and tell me my chances of having sync problems.

Thanks in advance,
-Rorschach-
You could check out the reviews for each of those sets yourself in the review section of this site rather than trying to get others to do your legwork for you. See that big button on the left side of the screen that says 'DVD Reviews'? Use it!!!
I was not requesting others to do the "legwork" for me. I was just asking if anyone had any experience with synching problems and with which sets. It would probably take a maximum of 5 minutes for people to reply saying which set gave them problems. There was no additional research required.

And I did check reviews. Rarely do they mention synching problems, so I can either assume that no sets have synching problems or that it doesn't bother people as much as it may bother me. I asked as politely as possible and did not expect such a biting response.
Rorschach Wrote:And I did check reviews. Rarely do they mention synching problems,

There is an obvious conclusion to be drawn from that, but my 'maximum of 5 minutes' are up. Draw your own conclusions.
If it took you 5 minutes to type that two-sentence response, you must either be a slow thinker or a slow typer. I'm guessing it's the former since you didn't even bother to read the part where I continue "... so I can either assume that no sets have synching problems or that it doesn't bother people as much as it may bother me."

I'm finished with this petty dispute.
I just wanted some help and I'm obviously not going to get any information from you.
I'm done.
I have all those sets as FX except for FLCL (I don't know which one I have because there is no symbol.. but probably MAC because someone reviewed FX FLCL saying it had extras and mine didn't) Anyway, none of my dvd's have sync-ing probs. I watched Rax in english dub and japanese dub. Haibane Renmei in Japanese, and Escaflowne (can't remember) I think a sync-ing prob would definately pop up in the reviews since that is something really noticeable and annoying. If not mentioned, I would just assume it wasn't an issue.
Rorschach Wrote:If it took you 5 minutes to type that two-sentence response, you must either be a slow thinker or a slow typer. I'm guessing it's the former

Yup. That's what it is. You're the one asking me for help, but I'm the slow thinker.

There's a reason I left that part out. There is an answer in there somewhere, but I'm sure that you were too busy with your fast thinking and typing to see it.
Rorschach Wrote:Rarely do they mention synching problems, so I can either assume that no sets have synching problems or that it doesn't bother people as much as it may bother me.

No mention of any problems, rating the series with 4.5 stars and above, generally means that picture/audio/subs are good.
Most people would include problems in reviews. It just happens that those sets you want, the quality from FX is pretty consistent.

"doesn't bother people as much as it may bother me"......whenever I see this comment, I can't help thinking to myself:" If picture/audio quality of HK bootlegs bother people that much, why not just get the originals?" :confused: :p
I'd like to thank everyone that has replied to my original post. You have all been very helpful. However, It appears Vicious does not understand my posts, so I excuse his responses.
Rorschach Wrote:I was wondering if someone could fill me in to which sets I should probably avoid.

The 'Serial Experiments Lain' set has out of sync English audio.
The 'Rurouni Kenshin TV Series Limited Edition Box Set' also has many episodes with the japanese audio out of sync.

Just so you know, the reviews for these sets do mention the out of sync audio. You can trust the reviews here and it is a good idea to refer to them often. If there is no mention of out of sync audio, then there is no out of sync audio. If a problem exists, the reviews here will point it out.
Japschin Wrote:No mention of any problems, rating the series with 4.5 stars and above, generally means that picture/audio/subs are good.
Most people would include problems in reviews. It just happens that those sets you want, the quality from FX is pretty consistent.

Yaaaaaay!!! Someone finally pointed out the answer that I was tryign to clue genius in on.

He decides to 'excuse my response', yet he decides to IM me anyways. What's up with weirdos IM me lately? I need to add some sort of rule that you have to either be over 21 or a hot girl if you're gonna IM me. Anyways, here's a cut and paste of our lengthy conversation, just in case he wants to twist my words around like LE did yesterday.

Rorsch83: I take it you are not a native english speaker?
Rorsch83: I guess it's common knowledge that you are an illiterate asshole.
PrymeTm21: fe fi fo fum
PrymeTm21: whose this dumb fuck that is IM me
Rorsch83: 'Tis me, Rorschach.
PrymeTm21: u've been blocked. whatever you want to say to me, u can say to me in the forums.
Vicious, I don't think your original response was overly vicious. I think that letting Rorschach know a bit more about the reliability of our reviews would be a good thing. Out of the hundred something titles I've reviewed, I have only run into synch problems on two occasions and made due note of them in those reviews.

Rorschach, welcome to our forums. Please note that we have a number of resources for people visiting here that are usually reliable. If you should find something you want to buy but the reviews are unclear or incomplete then would be an excellent time to ask for clarification on those reviews. For the most part this forum is an excellent place to discuss anime and other things in our lives.
rarnom Wrote:The 'Serial Experiments Lain' set has out of sync English audio.

Really? I've watched my Lain set multiple times with the english audio turned on and I have yet to see any synching issues. Which parts have this un-synching problem?

Unsynching sometimes happens to me once in awhile but a simple rewind and replay usually fixes things for me. I'm not sure if it will work for everyone, because obviously there are some sets which have permanent synching issues. Just a tip.

Honestly though, if there is no talk of synching issues in the reviews, then you shouldn't expect any.
Zagatto Wrote:Vicious, I don't think your original response was overly vicious. I think that letting Rorschach know a bit more about the reliability of our reviews would be a good thing.

I didn't think I was being all that rude either. I didn't sugar coat it either, but whatever.

I personally think it's rude and insulting to people like Peter that put in their own free time writing up a bunch of those reviews when people come in here like this prick and start questioning the integrity of the reviews. He's asking us what we think about the sets? Who does he think is writing the reviews?
OMG. Does this guy have some sort of infatuation with me or what? I got another IM from a different username from him. Of course, the minute I read the 1st sentence - BLOCKED.

Damn kid, go stalk a girl or something. Leave me alone. For someone that thinks he's mature and better than us with his 'proper speech' - 'Tis Rorschach - hahahaha, you sure don't act like it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6