Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Ghost In the Shell Standalone Complex/ NGE Uncut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero
Here's one of the links (only because I was the last person to review this set!): http://import-anime.com/review.php?item_id=575

Spend the extra money and get the R1 set. You said you've already got the R1 movies and the first OVAs are set in the same 'universe' (or the other way around to be more precise).

Thanks a lot!
i thought OVA meant original video animation..??

i didnt know there was a patlabor series either i know the movie 3 was good though..

i will have to check it out..
Quote:Originally posted by Thinders

Also, what is the difference between NGE Directors Cut (on the ADV website now) and the original perfect collection (R1, ADV)

I don't believe anyones answered this question yet. they redid like the last 6 episodes of the series and released it as a Directors Cut. Not sure of all the difference, but I do know they added a few minutes of new footage to each episode.

If I were you, I'd skip both of them and get the Platinum release that ADV is putting out starting this summer. That will have better sound and picture and lots more extras than the original and it will also include the directors cut episodes on there.

You're lucky I'm in a good mood, otherwise I would've just told you to go do your own research too depending on how many annoying questions you asked. Especially if they were annoying HK questions. But since noone answered your R1 questions, and it has to do with ADV, I figure'd I'd be nice just this once.
Thank you.
All right, since you were polite about it. I guess I can answer any other R1 questions you might have about the ADV Eva releases. Cool
hahaha thanks, just makes me super mad that fans of the series who went and bought the perfect collection are about to get jipped.
I was one of those fans that bought the perfect collection for Eva. I sold it on Ebay a few weeks back when I heard of the platinum release and only lost about $10 on it from the price I initially paid for it. So hopefully the new Platinum release will be worth it. But according to the press releases I've read so far, it should be well worth it.
Im lost, we keep talking about the platinum collection, but on adv's site, they have two new dvds, with 21-23 directors cut and im not sure which episodes on the 2nd dvd. They claim its a two part series. If this is the case, are these two dvds the only real change in the platinum collection?

http://www.advfilms.com/catalog/DetailsN...onDirector'sCut-ResurrectionCollection01.asp
http://www.advfilms.com/catalog/DetailsN...onDirector'sCut-GenesisRebornCollection02.asp
All of this is directly from ADV reps.

The first volume of the Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum release will street on 07/27/04 with an SRP of $29.98. This disc will contain 5 episodes with English 5.1 and Japanese 5.1 with English subtitles. Extras include a commentary by Matt Greenfield and a second commentary by Matt Greenfield and Spike Spencer and clean open and closes. Also included is a booklet containing Japanese comments related to the production of the series. The first pressing of this disc will come in a limited edition slip-cover and include the NERV decal.

Translation and subtitles have been reviewed and adjusted where needed and all video is digitally remastered. You can now see and hear Eva like never before.

We are using the different endings.

We're using softsubs.

The original dub will be there in as much as we're reusing parts of it in this version. There are new parts of the dub so it's not exactly the same as the original. If you want only the original dub you'll need to keep your original releases.
it all just seems like milking a cow for every drop!

but i'll prob buy the HK version anyway of the platsBig Grin
Quote:Originally posted by rav96

but i'll prob buy the HK version anyway of the platsBig Grin

Why? How much of that increased picture quality do you think is gonna carry over to an HK that has 9 episodes per disc? And you already know that virtually none of the extras are gonna be put on the HK's.
to get the reedited episodes and director cuts

fuck the stupid namby pamby extra like making ofs,stills,story boards
they can be ripped from the orig easily from a friend of mine whos a big EVA maniac coz i know he wants to get em!
i agree 100%. The extras done mean anything, all i want is more plot. thats it. directors cut and the redited scenes. If im not mistaken though, the Genesis and Resurrection DVDs contain the only episodes that were added too
actually, Resurrection contains eps 21-23 in both their original broadcast and director's cut version and Genesis Reborn contains eps 24-26 in both their original broadcast and director's cut version.

Resurrection also contains footages of the upcoming live action evangelion
Quote:Originally posted by kkun
Resurrection also contains footages of the upcoming live action evangelion
Already? I thought the live action movie wasn't going to be out for quite a ways off. Though, I really am not excited about live action's based on anime.. it really defeats the purpose, ne?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7