Dvd stores
hehe thats the only reason u need to hate quebec.... the separetist bastards Smile
Nice tip: When it's cold out, put your shoes on the heater while you get ready to leave in the morning. Your feet will be toasty for the frigid morning. :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
thanks fer the tip steve....do canadians get tax returns every year?
pEAsH...
People here in NC complain all the time about taxes being so high. They are only 6%, and they don't have a school tax! WTF! No wonder people here are so ignorant. Confusedweatdrop:
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
6% sounds nice...its better that 8.25% (CA)...but not better than 15% Canada...
pEAsH...
I guess I'll be happy with my 4.5% then.
you, should be, although it doesnt really matter to me because I get most of my stuff online now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......
THERE ARE MAD KILLERS OUT THERE!!!

[Image: optimisticox.jpg]
Well, my package from amazon.ca was sent but they're charging me shipping. Free Super Saving Shipping my ass, I'm gonna complain until I get my 5$ back
I like having warm shoes. :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
I will kill if someone tries to tax me online. Confusedweatdrop:
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
yeah, shipping and tax just really sucks.
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......

With purchases, we have to often pay both provincial and federal tax (that is 15% grand total tax folks). There are a couple of places up here where you can go and they will not charge you tax (as long as you pay cash).

Most often you can find better deals online compared to a physical store that you walk into.

As for whether HKs are illegal, if they are selling a commercial anime (for example, Cowboy Bebop) , they could get into big...um...doo-doo. As for ones where the rights have not been picked up by a commercial company in N.America (for example), I think it is ok.
Quote:Originally posted by "elly"

Most often you can find better deals online compared to a physical store that you walk into.

thats because the damn stores monpolize the anime buissness like suncoast and media play and charge $30 for a dvd with 3 episodes on it!

Well, 30$ is the SRP and its rare for a brick and mortar store to charge below SRP, maybe if its on special or they have deal with the publisher. Yeah, when buying R1s go with the the internet, you'll find much better deals

Hehe, got my 5$ back form amazon.ca, they still overcharged me 6 cents but I wont complain about it
when I want R1s I will trade for them, because usually you can trade HK with a 1 to 1 ratio for R1s because although they are not as good quality HKs hold about 8 episodes each and R1s only hold 4. so both people make out on both sides.