You're first HK DVD?
Ahhhhh, nothing like a nice SUnday afternoon to cathc up on some sleep Smile
Anyways, here's one of the questionaire things. What was the first HK DVD you ever bought?
Did you know it was an HK bootleg? What did you think of the quality? Why'd you buy it?
Mine was the Cowboy Bebop movie. I really wanted to see it, and I picked up the DVD for 15 bucks at a toy convention. It had great subtitles. I was very happy with it, and then went on a search for stors online to buy from Smile
[Image: Cast7.txt]
I bought Maison Ikkoku DVD set on ebay from Hong Kong. I thought it was an official release. It took a good month to get to my door steps, but when it did I was stoked. I popped it in and watched the first 7 episodes. It was amazing because when I bought the VHS I could only watch 2 episodes. I noticed problems with the subtitles but was very happy overall. I then searched for more DVDs and almost bought the Hakusho HK set. Thank God I never did. :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
well actually my first HK Dvd purchase was Initial D, Berserk, Flame of Recca and a few others.. actually made a big purhcase off ebay. i knew they where bootleg but i just wanted anime on dvd.. lol
My first Hk DVD was Berserk. I had seen fansubs, and really wanted the show. I have to say I was very pleased and still am. I have watched the set over 50 times now. That is not an exaggeration. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
I saw a preview for Beserk on my eX-Driver DVDs. The show looks awesome. Though I think I would want to wait for an FX set which seems possible. :mrgreen:

So you know, it would be Your first HK DVD Wink

Anyhow, mine was Tokyo Babylon :mrgreen:
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
You are first HK DVD. :mrgreen:

Exactly :lol:
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
Mine was Cowboy Bebop MI and Love Hina MI, talk about the opposite in subs, Love Hina had great subs, Bebop was horrendous.

I knew it was a bootleg, hehe funny thing is I found out about bootlegs in another forum where someone had posted a anti bootleg & how to tell if its a bootleg or not thread.
Animeigo did it on their site too. Robert Woodhead thinks that he will change the world or something. hehe :mrgreen:

hehe, all it did was introduce to me to the wonderful world of bootlegs. Thanks bootleg haters Big Grin
Mine was Tekkaman Blade. I had been talking to Kakoi about it and drooling for it. Then a month or so laterr he found an HK site and all was history. MY GOD I WAS SO GLAD TO GET IT!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Quote:Originally posted by "matthewmalay"

hehe, all it did was introduce to me to the wonderful world of bootlegs. Thanks bootleg haters Big Grin

The haters are the helpers. :mrgreen:

mine was Evangelion, I was really suprised by how good the subs were, thats was until I brought Fruits Basket by Anime Studio and seen how crap subs can be
mine was ninja scroll and a brought it from a store didnt even know it was bootlegg till year

later

osama whats up with that dvd deal?
theres nothing in this world to believe in