Initial D?
I recently played the Initial D driving game. Now I wanted to know if the series is good enough to get into? The game is great. It is always on the top of the manga charts. Well any info is appreciated. Thanks guys. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
U dont know about Initial D? the Anime is GODLY!
Yes Initial D is awesome.. I would have to say for me its in the top 5 of my favorites.. ;o) also some info if you haven't read must.. its
26 episodes for First Stage
13 episodes for Second Stage
2 episodes for Extra Stage (You can actually skip this one because it don't do anything for the normal story)
then 3rd Stage the Movie.. which is awesome.. probably my favorite of the whole thing.. watched it too many times to count.
WOW!! I must see it now. What detered me from it was the fact it's about a bunch of kids and their cars. I can look down the road and see that kind of teenage poser garbage down the road. BUT if it is cool as you guys say and there is an actual story to it then I'm all for it now. THANX JJ AND SCHULTZ!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Initial D is awesome. I never get tired of watching a Trueno kick the shit out of an RX-7.

Too bad Tokyopop had to change all the names for the manga.
Well, unless you have their original release of volume one, like I do ^_^ The names are the same, and they even left the sex scene in the manga.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
The reason I heard they change the names and censored it was because they want to market it to a younger audience so they can get a television contract, thats why they haven't released the dvds yet. It all sounds kind off stupid to me, I would think that initial d really isnt for young kids.
They also removed all the car information that was placed into the manga. It really makes the series pointless.
Quote:Originally posted by "Suzakuseikun"

Well, unless you have their original release of volume one, like I do ^_^ The names are the same, and they even left the sex scene in the manga.
I got that original #1 too. It bugs me that they changed the names, but I will keep buying the manga.

I wholeheartedly agree that you should check out Initial D. Get the HK DVDs as they're top quality in subs and video/sound. And which driving game are you talking about? Arcade Stage?
Quote:Originally posted by "death_blossom"

I got that original #1 too. It bugs me that they changed the names, but I will keep buying the manga.

I wholeheartedly agree that you should check out Initial D. Get the HK DVDs as they're top quality in subs and video/sound. And which driving game are you talking about? Arcade Stage?

I guess i think different if they do all this to the manga why keep buying it.. that just shows that people are ok with what they are doing and will buy it so they have no reason to stop doing it. I have the first one.. I couldn't stand what they did with it. I wrote them an email (like it did any good) and i refuse to buy anymore manga's of Initial D.. I will buy the first DVD of it.. and if they screw it all to Hell i won't purchse another one of the R1's i have the HK sets which are awesome in that.. some of the best i think..
I think I'm boycotting Tokyopop's Initial D release. I wont buy anymore manga or the anime's R1. No, this will be an HK purchase only.
I with Schultz on this one. I got to read the first manga book and was sickened by the bad translation job. Hell I am not even giving the r1's a chance at life.

Schultz you are a more forgiving guy than I...

Well helll your buying all the R1's of DBZ so that should have been a clue...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
GOOD LORD MORGORATH!!!! That's a mighty big can o worms to open!!! 8O
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Initial D is great if you can get past thier oblong faces...
I figured it must be good as it has been on the japanese top ten manga lists forever now. I can't remember the name of the machine? It had a slot for a card to go into it to sup your car up. You battle it out with a bunch of people. It was a dollar to play, but well worth it. Looks like that is on the waiting list of anime to buy. Thanks guys for your info. Big Grin :x Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HK Movie: Initial D Japschin 5 2,981 06-23-2005, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Japschin
  Initial D posts DARK OSAMU 14 5,295 01-23-2003, 08:40 PM
Last Post: kakoi_sugoi_yama
  Initial D Movie? AzN.X.T.C 6 3,506 01-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Last Post: AzN.X.T.C