Has anyone played?
PREACH ON BROTHER SUZAKU!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
That is the whole reason I am not buying it, because I hate it. Not just for the fact that Funimation made it. I don't feel the need to support them in anyway. I feel that they make SHIT products. It isn't just my hate for them that I won't buy it. I feel the graphics to that game, and almost any other Dragonball game don't live up to the characters. All of thier heads look funny. As for putting a mod chip in a PS2 *Dumb Idea*. I would rather (and plan on) buying a japanese PS2. Ocean Blue to be exact. So the only reason why I don't want to buy the game isn't because of the company behind it. 8O Big Grin Big Grin
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
YEP!!! Just cuz the company is gay doesn't mean the series is.

Unless it's Blue Gender. 8O :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I won't pass judgement on Blue Gender. I didn't really like it from the initial previews I saw, but you never know. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
HAHAHAA :!:
I think it was too low budget for my tastes. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Ok first let dispel some rumors...

First Lets talk warrantee... Your warrantee is only good from the store for 30 days. Hell 7 days from some. And 90 days from Sony, Mirco, or the big N.
Next on your warrantee if you ever use a Gameshark or any other 3rd party (not indorsed by the maker) product (i.e. controller, light gun, arcade stick) guess what youVoid your So that argument is mute.

Second... There are external mod chips for the PS2. That plug into the USB port so that means your Motherboard is very safe from frying.

Third no real use besides imports well, let's be honest the other reason for modding is being able to play copied games. It is huge business here and in most Asian countries and there #1 buyers are Americans.

Look I'm all for your Buy if you like, not because of the company. But
lets face facts. DBZ is the Microsoft of anime. If I say Toonami most people go DBZ then go anime. I'll buy the Gamecube game legit and I'll buy my PS2 version copied and in Japanese...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Quote:Third no real use besides imports well, let's be honest the other reason for modding is being able to play copied games. It is huge business here and in most Asian countries and there #1 buyers are Americans.

Except Playstation 2 games are on DVDs, so you're forced to use a DVD burner to copy the games. Have you ever spent the time to look on IRC for Playstation 2 ISOs? They're damn near impossible to find. Why? Because they're too big to just keep around.

Quote:First Lets talk warrantee... Your warrantee is only good from the store for 30 days. Hell 7 days from some. And 90 days from Sony, Mirco, or the big N.

You can buy extended warrenties - your point is invalid.

Quote:Next on your warrantee if you ever use a Gameshark or any other 3rd party (not indorsed by the maker) product (i.e. controller, light gun, arcade stick) guess what youVoid your So that argument is mute.

Where does it say this? Give me hard evidence. I fail to believe that.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
You wanted it and here it is strait from Sony and I quote:

"THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY IF THIS PRODUCT: (a) IS USED WITH PRODUCTS NOT SOLD OR LICENSED BY SCEA (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO NON-LICENSED GAME ENHANCEMENT DEVICES, ADAPTORS AND POWER SUPPLY SOURCES) OR OTHERWISE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS PRODUCT"

page 23 of the playstation 2 owners manual. So there's your proof. 8O 8O 8O
Ok Suzakuseikun first let me say I agree with you on your stance of buy if you like it and fuck everyone else. I like that stick to your guns. But...

Don't you hate that word...

First thanks Kakoi for posting that so I don't have to...

Second on your extended warranties there are only two I now of...
1) Buying with a credit card doubles the manufactures warrantee.
90 days poof now 180 days... like magic
2) Purchasing an extended warrantee from the store. Comes in 3,6 or 12 months package deals. But both of those extended warranties go off of the Manufactures manual and if use that nice wireless controller for your PS2 you would Void the original and the extended warrantee...

Finally you are very right about the IRC coping games, But I was referring to the Asian market where I currently live. It goes a little something like this. You go to the Copying store the sales person ask for what system. You answer PS2 he hands you a CD book that holds 350 slots. You flip through looking at the instruction books of the different games. On a small slip of paper you write down your choices. The Korean owner looks at list and says, "you come back in hour in half I have for you then"

You come back he hands you games in cases and you test them. Then you ask how much? He says, "6 dollar for CDR and 8 dollar for DVDR"
Your total comes to 12 + 24=36 and you walk home with 5 games to play in your externally modded PS2. No IRC, No E-Mule, just US dollar for copied games.

Look Suzakuseikun. To brush this off if you would like an external modding device for your PS2 just e-mail me. I'll even include a copied PS2 game for ya.
Okay, first, Kakoi, thanks for the evidence. I admit I was wrong.

Also, Morgorath, I do see what yor points are, and I sent you a PM. We need real discussions like this more often around here, makes me think I actually don't know everything ^_^;;
I agree. These are the kinds of conversations we need more of. The mod device you speak of does it require any sort of soldering? Or does it just plug into the USB port? There are plenty of japanese games that I really want and I don't have enough to import a ps2 yet. So something like that would be helpful. Big Grin Big Grin
Schultz and I are loking into the external Mod. From the way it looks it is only one minor soldering. Or it is cutting a wire deal. But yes it hooks into your USB. I'll find it off base take a photo of it and what not. Schultz will be telling me how to install (if that is the correct way to put it)

So info in the next few days by Sunday at the latest...

As for this Thread your right it helps to have a non hijaked conversation, and
Suzakuseikun thanks to you I found out about the Credit Card extended warrentee... That means This CDR I have is not complete junk and I can get it fixed thanks...
No problem ^_^
Its a bit off topic but I've heard that a gameshark can make my PS2 dvd player region free, has anybody tried this and is it true?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  does anyone play hacky sack? sanosuke 7 3,056 06-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Atomic Orgasm