Psygnius Wrote:Anyways, this will be my last post in a while, I'm moving everything in a U-haul and heading out to California tonight. But Schultz, if you want to start another forum, or maybe have a discussion through PM, I'd be glad to chat with you. But until I'm settled in, later. Smile

Well good luck with your move, moving sucks bigtime and no matter what anyways says you never get used to it.

And those public shows that he listen's too are the people that tell how to interpret the news not really call in shows. I think he has XM or Sirius and he listens to them on those.
What people have to remember is that this movie is based on the graphic novels by Frank Miller which were published back in 98, long before the whole Bush/war in iraq deal.
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
For anyone who actually bothers watching the news go to jib jab and watch what we call the news
300 is the most faithful comic adaptation that has ever been. That said I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm hoping that Grindhouse will be the same type of movie.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
I don't know Kakoi...I think Sin City has this one beat as far as panel to panel adaptation. 300 made me go back to the gym and want to pick a fight with people. So yeah it kicked fucking ass!
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
This movie was the coolest thing i've seen since Sin City. I so hope they're working on the next Miller project already.

Bit shocked to see you guys still won't admit starting the war was wrong and has created a much worse situation and dangerous world than it was before. This will haunt the US for decades to come.

But also shocked to see the dems wanting to pull out before its over (which will take a lot longer than 1,5 years). First sensible thing I've heard Bush say was that pulling out now would create another Afghanistan like safe haven. If he would only admit that the possiblity of this safe haven is his fault he might not come across like a total wuss.
Grindhouse is a totally different animal, is exploitation flicks and I hate exploitation flicks looks lame to me, its not like the effects are going to be spectacular, tarentinos flick looks so boring oooh a car that crashes over and over again and russel is so washed up. Plus you are going to be in the theater for like 4 hours waste of time. The rodriguez flick looks okay.

Best thing tarentino did for movies was get blown away in desperado.

The war in iraq was the dumbest possible move for the gov but its the entire gov and the brits who said do it, the entire congress said go ahead which includes every one the of the bush sucks dems. There is no possible military solution except one, martial law and no one is going to say yes to that, only other thing to do is pull out, you have a better idea.

This is a perfect example why the pussy politicians should shut the f up and let the soilders do their job when troops and deployed, same thin in nam you dont let the morons here call the shots.
wow, there's still like 2 different conversations going on in this thread... and people are responding to both of them! lol
Personnally, I really enjoyed this movie. I've always loved Greek history, but never really knew much about the Spartans, other than the womens' farewell of "Come home with your shield, or on it."

I think Schultz and I spent a good 2 hours looking up Spartan history and the history of Xerxes after we got done with that movie.

I may not be a guy, but I definately felt like kicking someones ass after watching that movie. I do have to admit, watching 300 amazing bodies flex and fight was quite pleasent .

I'm not even going to talk about politics or war or conflicts. Unless they are ancient history, then we can talk politics...
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
Ka-Talliya Wrote:I may not be a guy, but I definately felt like kicking someones ass after watching that movie. I do have to admit, watching 300 amazing bodies flex and fight was quite pleasent .

I'm not even going to talk about politics or war or conflicts. Unless they are ancient history, then we can talk politics...

Although you're not a guy, you were in the military if I'm not mistaken. Wink Actually, I'm not sure which branch you were with though.

Schultz Wrote:And those public shows that he listen's too are the people that tell how to interpret the news not really call in shows. I think he has XM or Sirius and he listens to them on those.

If he's on Sirius, it's probably either the Liberal Left Channel (don't remember the channel number) or Conservative Right Channel (which is right next to the Liberal Channel). Both of them are WAAAY too extreme for me. I've listened to both, and I'll say that listening to either of these stations for more than a couple of hours will kill some brain cells.
...And being the the military has some bearing on my reply? I don't think so. It's a career choice and I didn't join to kill people and break their shit.

It was a kick ass movie and I get excited about some things really easily.

I'm in Air Force...yeah, still in...
Ka-Talliya Wrote:...And being the the military has some bearing on my reply? I don't think so. It's a career choice and I didn't join to kill people and break their shit.

I don't really understand that. So you're happy to do all that purely for money?
Ka-Talliya Wrote:...And being the the military has some bearing on my reply? I don't think so. It's a career choice and I didn't join to kill people and break their shit.

It was a kick ass movie and I get excited about some things really easily.

I'm in Air Force...yeah, still in...

Naw, I just meant that although you're not a guy, you CAN kick someone's ass because you've been in the military, at least due to the boot camp. (as opposed to just a chick who only thinks she wants to kick someone's ass)

Didn't mean the comment in any offensive way. Just wanted to say "and you could do it too if you really wanted to." Big Grin
gubi-gubi Wrote:I don't really understand that. So you're happy to do all that purely for money?

Do all what? I was simply saying that I didn't join the military 'cause I think I'm a tough chick and my levels of testosterone where such that I thought I needed to prove anything. This conversation had nothing to do with Money...:confused:
Ka-Talliya Wrote:Do all what? I was simply saying that I didn't join the military 'cause I think I'm a tough chick and my levels of testosterone where such that I thought I needed to prove anything. This conversation had nothing to do with Money...:confused:

Well you said it was a career choice which generally means money doesn't it? So it seems you are willing to kill for money.