What do you guys and girls do and like besides anime??
Eating out, bible studies, prayer meetings, church services, shopping. Actually doing all these things with new friends. When anime ruled my life, I was much a loner. Plus comedy movies. (Ace Ventura 1 & 2 favourites). The occasional news. Sleep, email, online banking, online shopping. That's the majority.Wink
[Image: mypic3.gif]
<death ain't so scary>
23, and i work for my parents. ouchies! i actually manage the store so its not all bad, wait i take that back.
i like to play video games, watch movies, and eat out with friends. love to snowboard and also fencing. in 2 weeks i'm going to a fencing tournmant so i hope i dont tank too bad.
o0o also my brother just had his son a month ago, so i'm an auntie! yup, my nephew and i hang out when ever i'm home.
[Image: index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=...C084349919]
[Image: ffc.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Anyway, I understand your situation. If there's something I don't want to do is live in order to work, I want to work in order to live. I see so many people working 14h a day, becoming sick from too much stress, all to advance their careers. Personaly, I want nothing of the sort. I want to live life, like you I want my free time to be free, therefore a job will serve the function of paying my bills and allow me to live confortably. Other than that I want to be able to do the things I truly enjoy.
I just asked why you weren't doing something you enjoyed out of curiosity, I wasn't judging you or anything. Sorry if it sounded that way.

You know, reading this its like hearing myself explain my situation. I always use those terms like 'work in order to live' to my friends. Its scary how much we agree.

Anyway, I thought you were just curious so I didn't take it the wrong way or anything. But if you want, judge away. You haven't been wrong so far.

The president of our company just died because of an heart attack. He was under alot of stress and that's most likely the reason he got the heart attack. The vice president had a heart attack last year. So yeah, I really want to avoid work stress. I like to be busy but you won't see me working overtime to often.

JunkieJoe Wrote:Since I been working for myself for a few years... I cant picture myself working for someone else.. doing a 9 to 5 ~_~... so I know where you coming from Elcoholic, but working for yourself has its disadvantages... you talk about you being in a sort of comfort zone, which happens when you have your own business... but much like you, who cant picture youself changing now... I cant picture myself doing anything but working for myself... (not meaning doing IA for the rest of my life but just cant fathom a 9-5... the thoughts scare me!)

Sounds like you got a good plan there. I myself want/need security above all. I have a contract with no end date, good insurance and a nice steady paycheck and those are very important for me. I also like the regular hours, puts some structure to my life (although less hours are always welcome). So if its a choice between doing something I love with little security or doing something not so fun with a lot of security I'll mostly pick the latter. But maybe I should start the euro branch of IA if things are going so good (don't worry, just kidding Wink )

Gubi, good luck with that shop. Its hard work starting a business.

Auntie Gemini, that's one sweet baby there. Congratulations!Smile
Well I'm 21 besides watching anime I like to draw, play basketball and playing videogames
Well Im kinda of a neck. Not so much so that I run around a spit tobacco and talk with a giant sotuhern accent (though I do have an accent), but I do enjoy hunting and fishing. Im a fan of video games as well. I also like football, baseball, basketball, and tennis....so I guess there is a bit of jock in me as well. I am likely getting a head manager job at a local video store in the next few days, so Im likely to be very busy with work. Ill now be working 45 hours, as compared to my previous ASM job of 35 hours. I still go to school too, so fun times are sure to be had! I also love sleeping...to bad I dont get much of it as of late.
23 loner sort.Work from 10am through to 10 or later at night.So mainly video games movies and the like nowadays.Im a cook(chefs are ponsy pricks that quite after about 2 days where i work cause they cant handle it.)
Used to ride motorcross bikes.Not racing just fun round the beaches and dunes.Also done alot of fishing.Done some game fishing.Caught a stripped marlin sharks etc.Used to scuba dive.I still have all the gear but dont know anyone where i am now thats into that sort of thing.Its more the surf scene here.
Now that i think about it my job has pretty much cut of most of my social life.Finding people that dont work weekdays and dont mind never seeing you every other day is kind of hard.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
wrxh8r Wrote:I still have all the gear but dont know anyone where i am now thats into that sort of thing.

You're kidding me right?! And here am I dying to try scuba diving! It's just not very easy to do that here, mainly because it's extremely expensive.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I have about 2000 worth of scuba gear.Wet suit a couple a bottles.Semi hard bc with computer, extra reg,hawain sling,knife.Ive only used it all few times Sad
Geez i like to throw my money away.
Thats the only real cost though.Just about every man and his dog on the coast has a boat.Air refils are cheap and they get serviced once a year for $60.If you cant access a boat there are plenty of places here where you can dive off the shoreline,not to mention marine reserves.
The pic is of houhora.Where i used to live and do outdoorsy stuff Smile i wish all my photos werent in storage instead of grabing a crap one the net.
All the land on the left, mt camel.Thats family land.It goes alot further back than that and there are som large beaches and forestry.My fathers uncle owned it and put it in a trust before he died.We have access to it.There are some 4 wheel drive tracks/road with locked gates that family have the keys to.On the back are some really nice white sand beaches for swimming and fishing off the rocks.Thats probably why i dont like the crowded beaches down here.Nothing quite like a km of beach to yourself in the middle of nowhere. Smile
The picture of the beach is of henderson bay.The next bay above that and onwards are private/family.The mount is on top right.

Attached Files
.jpg   houhora.jpg (Size: 38.08 KB / Downloads: 4)
.jpg   houhora 2.jpg (Size: 70.07 KB / Downloads: 4)
.jpg   hendersonbay_2.jpg (Size: 12.66 KB / Downloads: 4)
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
I plot the destruction of the world

yes..... yes.....

actually i lead a college bible group and i do voluntair work every so often. other then that i write poetry. Listen to music. videogames, chess, movies and i critique movies too. debate sometimes chat a lot hang with friends. play a little guitar and a lot more i have lots of hobbies actually.

Its just whatever i feel like doing at the time mostly.

Oh and of course billiards
Cyrus
wrxh8r Wrote:I have about 2000 worth of scuba gear.Wet suit a couple a bottles.Semi hard bc with computer, extra reg,hawain sling,knife.Ive only used it all few times Sad
Geez i like to throw my money away.
Thats the only real cost though.Just about every man and his dog on the coast has a boat.Air refils are cheap and they get serviced once a year for $60.If you cant access a boat there are plenty of places here where you can dive off the shoreline,not to mention marine reserves.
The pic is of houhora.Where i used to live and do outdoorsy stuff Smile i wish all my photos werent in storage instead of grabing a crap one the net.
All the land on the left, mt camel.Thats family land.It goes alot further back than that and there are som large beaches and forestry.My fathers uncle owned it and put it in a trust before he died.We have access to it.There are some 4 wheel drive tracks/road with locked gates that family have the keys to.On the back are some really nice white sand beaches for swimming and fishing off the rocks.Thats probably why i dont like the crowded beaches down here.Nothing quite like a km of beach to yourself in the middle of nowhere. Smile
The picture of the beach is of henderson bay.The next bay above that and onwards are private/family.The mount is on top right.

So basicaly, you live in paradise. Sweet! Big Grin
I think your father's uncle did a really good thing by putting all that land in a trust. Now you have free access to it and it stays in the family. Really nice!
Well, I'm 29. I work in IT. I'm a few years behind in my career (long story - but the short version is I graduated from school later than I should have mainly because of a girl and by the time I graduated was right when the IT bust was happening and everyone here was being laid off so IT jobs were hard to come by). I'm not too worried about it though, because I always knew once I got my foot in the door, I'm smart enough where I'd move up quickly.

I do tier 3 desktop support right now, which I don't really mind at all. I get to walk around all over our campus and talk to people while I fix stuff here and there. Most days, I do maybe an hours worth of actual work and use my brain for about 10 minutes. The rest of the time I just walk around and socialize. Only problem is that after doing it for 1 1/2 years, I know more than everyone else who works with me, so I always end up cleaning up their mess after they screw up on someone's PC. Plus, alot of the users keep requesting for me specifically. So it's time for me to move up. I just applied for a server/network admin position which I'm hoping I should hear back about in the next week or two. If I get that and a few other things that are pending right now come through for me, I'm figuring I can almost double my salary in the next 2 years. Then I'll finally be somewhat satisfied with that.

By the time I get home from work, I'm usually too tired to do much else, other than sit in front of the TV. Although the only thing I really watch is sports - mainly football and basketball. The college I graduated from is miraculously in the final four - George Mason University. So I'm trying to decide if I want to spend $1500 to go to Indianapolis to watch them play.

I've been thinking of learning how to ride a motorcycle, simply because I have a few friends who have ones and want me to get into it. But the weather here only allows you to ride for maybe 4 months out of the year and I don't have a garage to keep a bike in anyways.

Girlwise - I really don't have much time for them right now. My main goal in the next few years is advance my career and jack my salary up enough to the point where I can afford to buy a house. Plus I have pretty high standards, so I don't end up liking all that many girls to the point where I'd want to go out with them more than once or twice. There is this one girl at work who I could see myself with - whose already turned me down and just 'wants to be friends'. But I don't give up that easy and she knows that and still hangs out with me, so she can't be all that disgusted by the idea. What can I say - I don't like to lose.

Wow, guess I wrote alot. You're probably sorry you asked.Cool
Vicious Wrote:Girlwise - I really don't have much time for them right now. My main goal in the next few years is advance my career and jack my salary up enough to the point where I can afford to buy a house. Plus I have pretty high standards, so I don't end up liking all that many girls to the point where I'd want to go out with them more than once or twice. There is this one girl at work who I could see myself with - whose already turned me down and just 'wants to be friends'. But I don't give up that easy and she knows that and still hangs out with me, so she can't be all that disgusted by the idea. What can I say - I don't like to lose.

Good luck with the girl. Just don't be too pushy. Wink
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Good luck with the girl. Just don't be too pushy. Wink

I'm not. I just tease her about it once in awhile. Like I'll tell her that "you'd think I would have better taste in girls" and stuff like that.

I've always been of the mindset - everything happens for a reason. So if something doesn't happen between us, then it was never meant to be.
I highly recommend getting a bike. I guess the best way to describe the feeling of riding is...flying on the ground...if that makes sense.

It's an exhilarating feeling when your tucked in behind your windscreen and your blasting down the straights @ 170mph....I'm getting all worked up just thinking about it. Big Grin

Be forwarned though, it's highly addicting.

Later!!!

SB
I'd love to ride a bike, but only on a circuit. On the normal road you're to dependant of other drivers. Someone else makes a mistake and surely you'll be the one to die.