What do you guys and girls do and like besides anime??
Not trying to be nosy...I'm just curious what everyone else here does outside of their anime hobby. I'll start with me then...

I'm one of the geezers here at 31 yrs old. I love snowboarding and have been doing it for about 10 yrs now. I go up to Mammoth Mtn prolly around 10-12 days per season. In addition to that I also race motorcycles...not for money but for enjoyment. I go to some club racing events every year and usually get creamed by the more experienced racers but I always have a blast. My racing rig is a hot rodded Ducati 916 with all the racing upgrades.
My 9-5 has me sitting in a dark suite working on what's called a Davinci color corrector and a Spirit Datacine. I do telecine for commercials and music videos. I really enjoy my job but sometimes the clients who are in the suite with me are real a**h***s. I've had the pleasure of doing some final color correction for DVD release of some anime movies and series. I sometimes do my own side projects of taking old anime titles and doing a complete color correction restoration for my own collection. I'll usually bump up my favorite anime to High Def and watch it at work on the 40in High Def monitor I have in my suite. I can't tell you how awesome it looks.

Well that's me. Big Grin

Later!!!

SB
Well, I'm 18 years old. I'm studying at a university in the Netherlands, which costs quite a lot of my time.
My hobby's (besides anime and building gundam model kits) are playing computer games (not a lot of that anymore, since I lack time) and I used to judo.

That's about it for me.
[Image: 3685z]
You seem to have a good life there bud. I'd love to go skieing a few times a year but I have to go far away and it costs a shitload of money to ski in austria or france. And since you like racing bikes, ever see Ghostrider? (saw his vids not to long ago, insane is an understatement)

Anyway, I like to play basketball sometimes and I used to lift weights but my back got messed up so I'm not very athletic anymore. I love car racing, mainly formula 1. And I play video games when I'm bored which is most weekday's (no girlfriend). In the weekend I go have fun with my friends and have a drink and a smoke. Then sundays its on the couch to watch some F1 or soccer.

My job is accounting. Not because I like it but because I'm good at it and it pays the bills. I really don't have a lot to do so I spend like half the time here surfing the net. I have the worst manager ever.

My life is kinda standing still for the past year or two. Its in need of major changes.
I'm 22 and have not done anything past high school since I have been home helping take care of my mom (won't go into that). Besides anime I use my free time on Menga, video games, napping, learning to draw and gardening. I even grew some corn last year even though I don't have much land to use.Smile

Anyway I have no idea what to do with my life, but all will become clear in time.
Well first off im 19 and im currently at a Junior College and I work for Wackenhut a security company. I like my job surprising enough since I'm able to watch DVDs most of my shift. I like to avoid studying and as a result my family views me as irresponsible in that area but hell I pass irregardless so I don't care and that's how it's always been. Anyways I obviously like to use the internet other than that I play video games, read some novels, manga, and other things. Only other thing I like to do is lift weights, work on my own personal writings and not deal with people in person or on the phone since it's too much damn work.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
I'm 21 and just found out i'm getting kicked out of the house in like 6 months. Awesome. So right now i'm just saving up money mostly lol.

Recently got into comic books. Havn't been into them since I was really little. I also like snowboarding but even since detroit mountain closed it's like a 2 hour trip anywhere and that just costs and lot. That and none of my current friends have snowboards... so that sucks even more.

Other than that I pretty much play video games with my friends or WoW. Couple of girls wanna date me right now... but I know it's not going to work out with either of them and I really don't wanna spend the money on them lol. Kinda sucks cuz one is super hot - but she's a huge country fan and likes to go to rodeos and such all the time. Bleh.
Hey soldats, just looked at your location. Was in kansas city a few weeks ago. Fun city. =P Just annoying having to drive like 40 minutes to get to any decent bars or dance clubs lol.
I really can't complain but I've got my share of chaos just like everyone else. Me and the gf (now the ex...)went our separate ways just recently and that's always unpleasant no matter how pleasant you both try to make it. I'm only telling the good stuff....the lousy stuff stays in the corner where it belongs. Big Grin

Later!!

SB

Sorry for the misspelling of your handle...bad party foul on my end.
well i'm 20 and going to long beach state university, right now i'm undeclared but probably gonna go for physics. besides anime i read manga and play wow a lot, actually too much lol, also i kickbox and play soccer.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
snowboarder Wrote:In addition to that I also race motorcycles...not for money but for enjoyment. I go to some club racing events every year and usually get creamed by the more experienced racers but I always have a blast. My racing rig is a hot rodded Ducati 916 with all the racing upgrades.

Ducati... *drools*
No, I don't really know anything about motorcycles, I just like pretty things! :p Wink
Anyway, racing motorcycles, that's pretty cool. Must be quite the sensation!

elcoholic Wrote:My job is accounting. Not because I like it but because I'm good at it and it pays the bills. I really don't have a lot to do so I spend like half the time here surfing the net. I have the worst manager ever.

You're an accountant?! Not at all what I had pictured but then again I hadn't pictured anything. Big Grin Only truly useful subject I've learned in college so far. I never thought I'd use what I learned, in real life situations so much. Just out of curiosity, why don't you do something you actually like?

Cidien Wrote:I'm 21 and just found out i'm getting kicked out of the house in like 6 months. Awesome. So right now i'm just saving up money mostly lol.

Why are you being kicked out of the house? Do your parents think you need to be emancipated and therefore are forcing you into it? Sounds a bit extreme...

Well, me, I'm 23 and aside from anime (and manga) I love reading and am a movie's lover (Korean movies are the best!). I also like playing video games, working out (particularly weight training), roller skating... I love travelling, wish I could do it more often, and getting to know other cultures. I use the internet a lot but it's mostly to talk to other people (forums only though) and to learn new things. I'm obsessed with Japan and its culture, but I'm very much into Asia in a general way. I like fashion as well, and music (rock).
I have a nice life, can't deny it. It's been bad but now it's good so I have no complaints. I just take pleasure in the things I like and don't feel much of a need for anything else. Well, more money would be nice. Big Grin
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I'm 17, turning 18 the 31st. I lost my job last month & I won't be getting it back till the 1st of April. This isn't to bad of a thing because it's like being on a really long vacation & I have my old college money stash to get me by.

Mostly I just dig music & video games.
An average/good day consists listening to music, playing video games, having sex, & writing a chapter or two on any random piece of work I dig up for the day.
Sometimes I'm mentally capible enough to make music.

JCV is cool >.> <.<
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Andromeda18_ Wrote:You're an accountant?! Not at all what I had pictured but then again I hadn't pictured anything. Big Grin Only truly useful subject I've learned in college so far. I never thought I'd use what I learned, in real life situations so much. Just out of curiosity, why don't you do something you actually like?

Cause I can't find anything that I would like to do for the rest of my life without going back to school and pick up a whole other direction. I'd like to do something with sports, video games, movie industry, gardening, designing but its too late to go that direction. I can't do that since I have bills and I don't have the motivation to put in that much of my free time. I've been working for about 7 years now and I kinda came to the conclusion that no matter which job you have, as long as you are working for someone else you won't be happy doing the work for too long. I think after give or take 2 years any job will get borring unless you know exactly what you want and have studied to do that. I just studied what I was good at.

I'm too comfortable to make such a big change. I need my free time to be free. Once i get home I try not to think about work at all.

I'm kinda hoping to sometime in the future be part of a group that sets up its own company. That's something I could find satisfaction in but not making money for some rich boss for the rest of my life. I can't find infinite motivation for that.

BTW Andromeda, you in school or working? I imagine you don't read/watch/workout all day long?
Since I been working for myself for a few years... I cant picture myself working for someone else.. doing a 9 to 5 ~_~... so I know where you coming from Elcoholic, but working for yourself has its disadvantages... you talk about you being in a sort of comfort zone, which happens when you have your own business... but much like you, who cant picture youself changing now... I cant picture myself doing anything but working for myself... (not meaning doing IA for the rest of my life but just cant fathom a 9-5... the thoughts scare me!)
elcoholic Wrote:Cause I can't find anything that I would like to do for the rest of my life without going back to school and pick up a whole other direction. I'd like to do something with sports, video games, movie industry, gardening, designing but its too late to go that direction. I can't do that since I have bills and I don't have the motivation to put in that much of my free time. I've been working for about 7 years now and I kinda came to the conclusion that no matter which job you have, as long as you are working for someone else you won't be happy doing the work for too long. I think after give or take 2 years any job will get borring unless you know exactly what you want and have studied to do that. I just studied what I was good at.

I'm too comfortable to make such a big change. I need my free time to be free. Once i get home I try not to think about work at all.

I'm kinda hoping to sometime in the future be part of a group that sets up its own company. That's something I could find satisfaction in but not making money for some rich boss for the rest of my life. I can't find infinite motivation for that.

BTW Andromeda, you in school or working? I imagine you don't read/watch/workout all day long?

Wouldn't that be nice? Big Grin I'm in school, hence why I said "only truly useful thing I've learned in college so far". I went on a kind of sabbatical leave last semester, but that was last semester. Wink I used to study geoenvironmental engineering but then I changed to computer engineering and had to start all over again.
Anyway, I understand your situation. If there's something I don't want to do is live in order to work, I want to work in order to live. I see so many people working 14h a day, becoming sick from too much stress, all to advance their careers. Personaly, I want nothing of the sort. I want to live life, like you I want my free time to be free, therefore a job will serve the function of paying my bills and allow me to live confortably. Other than that I want to be able to do the things I truly enjoy.
I just asked why you weren't doing something you enjoyed out of curiosity, I wasn't judging you or anything. Sorry if it sounded that way.

JunkieJoe Wrote:Since I been working for myself for a few years... I cant picture myself working for someone else.. doing a 9 to 5 ~_~... so I know where you coming from Elcoholic, but working for yourself has its disadvantages... you talk about you being in a sort of comfort zone, which happens when you have your own business... but much like you, who cant picture youself changing now... I cant picture myself doing anything but working for myself... (not meaning doing IA for the rest of my life but just cant fathom a 9-5... the thoughts scare me!)

I had been wondering about that. If you did anything else beside IA. I suppose IA is doing well enough then, for you to be able to survive on it alone. Well, that's nice to hear. Smile
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Well im currently doing a media degree at uni but it's really put me off working in the media... Originally I wanted to go into film, then I thought TV but now I don't think either! Anyway me and a few friends are setting up a tshirt business. Need to get some desings done though... Get our bank account next week with our own cool business credit card type things... Might make me feel like im doing something with my life at last!