Poll: Perfect Collections....
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
definetly the way to go
93.55%
87 93.55%
singles are better
6.45%
6 6.45%
Total 93 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

perfect collections
Since this has become about R1 vs HK debate, I'll give my 2 cents. I agree with Onizuka. I watch fansubs 90% of the time, so even if the US anime industry flopped because of piracy, I'd be perfectly happy sticking to fansubs. I almost never listen to the English dubs, so it seems pointless for me to have to pay $80 or $60 for them ($40 I would consider, but it'd better be a damn good series). Besides, most new anime series these days lack originality, are saturated with pointless fanservice and corny dialogue; very rarely does a truly memorable title gets introduced. And with the increasing quality of fansubs these days due to high-definition broadcasts in Japan, the quality gap between fansubs and DVDs is quickly closing.
Macross. An experience often imitated, but NEVER duplicated. Shame on those who think otherwise.

Visit MacrossWorld for all your Macross needs!
Robojack Wrote:Since this has become about R1 vs HK debate, I'll give my 2 cents. I agree with Onizuka. I watch fansubs 90% of the time, so even if the US anime industry flopped because of piracy, I'd be perfectly happy sticking to fansubs. I almost never listen to the English dubs, so it seems pointless for me to have to pay $80 or $60 for them ($40 I would consider, but it'd better be a damn good series). Besides, most new anime series these days lack originality, are saturated with pointless fanservice and corny dialogue; very rarely does a truly memorable title gets introduced. And with the increasing quality of fansubs these days due to high-definition broadcasts in Japan, the quality gap between fansubs and DVDs is quickly closing.
Precisely. Why should I pay for something I can get for free?
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:Precisely. Why should I pay for something I can get for free?

Well I guess it's this kind of thinking that motivates the crackdown on piracy. Although piracy seems like it will always be a problem, I imagine it will become increasingly difficult to get a hold of fansubs. Plus, wasn't it MediaBlasters or some company who brought out some new anime and right from the get go said don't fansub and/or distribute our anime even though it hadn't been licenced in the U.S. yet??? Seems to me, some anime companies are keeping a close eye on the distribution of their anime right when they release it in Japan because of piracy.

I wonder how far legislation intends to go when it comes to downloading and copyright laws. I believe us Canadians will start to face some sort of legislation in the not so distant future. Sad
Well this discussion just got a whole lot depressing. Let's change the focus slightly, shall we....

Robojack Wrote:Besides, most new anime series these days lack originality, are saturated with pointless fanservice....

Ummm...I wouldn't dis fanservice there Robo. Based on Kiruyuki's response to Ikkitousen, he might just have to kick your @$$. Just a warning there, bro. Big Grin

Kiruyuki Wrote:IKKITOUSEN IS A KICK ASS ANIME!!! with lots of fanservice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^. VERY ENJOYABLE ^_^
Strong Bad 2000 Wrote:Well I guess it's this kind of thinking that motivates the crackdown on piracy. Although piracy seems like it will always be a problem, I imagine it will become increasingly difficult to get a hold of fansubs. Plus, wasn't it MediaBlasters or some company who brought out some new anime and right from the get go said don't fansub and/or distribute our anime even though it hadn't been licenced in the U.S. yet??? Seems to me, some anime companies are keeping a close eye on the distribution of their anime right when they release it in Japan because of piracy.

I wonder how far legislation intends to go when it comes to downloading and copyright laws. I believe us Canadians will start to face some sort of legislation in the not so distant future. Sad
Well this discussion just got a whole lot depressing. Let's change the focus slightly, shall we....

Ummm...I wouldn't dis fanservice there Robo. Based on Kiruyuki's response to Ikkitousen, he might just have to kick your @$$. Just a warning there, bro. Big Grin

LOL no i wouldn't! Big Grin Some people just don't like fanservice, because it can get annoying and pointless at times.
[Image: top_1.jpg]
~Romance in the Scent of Summer~
Oh my God someone please lock this poll...
Agreed.

I really dislike the character limit.
Ok someone seriously please lock this poll it's gotten really old to say the least.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
For me it's the anime that counts, I think that 80% of my collection is composed of hk anime dvds, I just picked up the 13th Kingdom perfect collection for 48 bucks, beats 270 for the R1's. Don't get me wrong-I will buy R1's if the price is right.
I love anime-but I still have a life-but not by choice......?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about Ninja Scroll TV Perfect Collection FX Batz Kage 3 3,220 12-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Batz Kage
  Gundam Z and Gungrave PERFECT collections from MI bmvtoys 27 11,295 11-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bmvtoys
  Gundam Seed Destiny Eng Dub Perfect Collection? toogood 6 4,374 11-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Cidien
  Gantz Perfect Collection DUDE! 4 3,278 09-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Last Post: animeshop
  ? on Ranma TV Part 4 Perfect Collection Endymion86 3 3,074 08-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Last Post: zrdb
  question about MAC Blue Seed perfect collection. Mot_Soldats 1 1,231 01-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Elcoholic
  is there a R.O.D (read or die) TV perfect collection? hitoyou 6 3,653 12-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Cyrus
  Fruits Basket Perfect Collection? Kaze 7 3,528 11-20-2005, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Kaze
  Why perfect collections arent perfect - my analysis Liete 7 3,078 09-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Schultz
  FX - Love Hina TV - Perfect Collection Question politoe 5 3,320 08-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Last Post: politoe