Poll: Perfect Collections....
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
definetly the way to go
93.55%
87 93.55%
singles are better
6.45%
6 6.45%
Total 93 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

perfect collections
Japschin Wrote:Brick is a multi-discs container. Just like GTO (FX/MI) cases. They do not come in individual dvd cases.
Heh...they are ugly but much cheaper than individual volumes and kind of space saving at times.

I thought the FX GTO was a gatefold case.
[Image: WinterSonata.jpg]

A dream is like snow, it falls then it fades away through time...

~Ryoku Slayer~
I would definately would say that when perfect collection first came out and were being made I still prefered R1's. The early HK perfect collections video, audio and packaging were not that good. But some of the newer ones that have been made and released still are not 100% up to par with R1 but their is ones I have seen that really are not that far off if not almost flawless
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
So let me ge this straight...Perfect collections arent that good? This is becoming

confusing.
Don't take this as 100% fact get other opinions also but when perfect collects first were comeing out some of them were iffy. With the newer ones that have been release and this is only my opinion their is little difference if any between them and R1
Excel saga
Mantis421 Wrote:Don't take this as 100% fact get other opinions also but when perfect collects first were comeing out some of them were iffy. With the newer ones that have been release and this is only my opinion their is little difference if any between them and R1

Ah i see, so if i see a Perfect Collecetionand a Complete Collection of an anime what

should I get? I dont like buying series one at a time. What are the main differnces

between these besides price. I'd really like to know your help in clearing this up would

generally be appreciated.
Ok, I'll break it down for ya.

Complete collection: A set which contains the entire series but without the eng. dub. and often with home made or fansubs.

Perfect collection: A set which contains the entire series ripped from the official R1 discs with the Eng. dub intact.

If your a hardcore sub guy either of these sets would fit you but with the perfect collections you know you're getting good subs. Bad side is that perfect collections don't come out till all the R1 discs are released while complete collections can come out before the US starts releasing. These can be ripped from Japanese TV, laserdisc or dvd.

Perfect collections are generaly very good quality especially when you take the price you pay for them into account. I have about 40 perfect collections and haven't been disappointed with the quality once. Sure some sets have pixelation but I'm not very picky about that. Everything is perfectly watchable.
Who the hell keeps dragging old threads up?!
gubi-gubi Wrote:Who the hell keeps dragging old threads up?!

My thoughts exactly and to answer your question idiots of course.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
gubi-gubi Wrote:Who the hell keeps dragging old threads up?!

No one drug this one up by posting, I looked at the dates after the post I had on 10-26-04 the next post is you gubi-gubi I am guessing someone voted in the poll for this post which never was closed but was left open
Excel saga
Mantis421 Wrote:No one drug this one up by posting, I looked at the dates after the post I had on 10-26-04 the next post is you gubi-gubi I am guessing someone voted in the poll for this post which never was closed but was left open

Whether it's a poll vote or a post it really does need to end...

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
ah god not again.
Isnt there a rule against these hk vs R1 threads?
Ok if were just talking hk
then yeah id rather have a perfect set over several hk dvds
but damn thats a no brainer.
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman
Hidalgo Wrote:ah god not again.

What are you talking about?

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Hidalgo Wrote:ah god not again.

Dude, check the dates of posting. This thread is almost a year old. But it came up again because someone voted on the poll. Or it was gubi who brought it up again and he's trying to fool us :p

And I don't think there is a rule forbidding the topic. Most of us just know better by now Big Grin
Oh yeah your right
I was thinking of the dub vs sub rule
My bad
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman
elcoholic Wrote:Or it was gubi who brought it up again and he's trying to fool us :p

He he you found out my evil plan! Nah only joking. Guess someone must of voted... Wonder who finds old dead threads and thinks 'I just gotta let people know my opinion!'...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about Ninja Scroll TV Perfect Collection FX Batz Kage 3 3,116 12-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Batz Kage
  Gundam Z and Gungrave PERFECT collections from MI bmvtoys 27 10,866 11-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bmvtoys
  Gundam Seed Destiny Eng Dub Perfect Collection? toogood 6 4,281 11-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Cidien
  Gantz Perfect Collection DUDE! 4 3,208 09-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Last Post: animeshop
  ? on Ranma TV Part 4 Perfect Collection Endymion86 3 3,006 08-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Last Post: zrdb
  question about MAC Blue Seed perfect collection. Mot_Soldats 1 1,176 01-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Elcoholic
  is there a R.O.D (read or die) TV perfect collection? hitoyou 6 3,548 12-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Cyrus
  Fruits Basket Perfect Collection? Kaze 7 3,402 11-20-2005, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Kaze
  Why perfect collections arent perfect - my analysis Liete 7 2,977 09-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Schultz
  FX - Love Hina TV - Perfect Collection Question politoe 5 3,245 08-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Last Post: politoe