Nintendo?s secret out
By repacking he means a graphical update of NES and SNES games you can download, possibly even making use of the new controller.

And gimmick or not remains to be seen. If it will be used as much as the mouse is in pc games it will be more than a gimmick. I think in many games that come out on all 3 systems the nintendo ones could have the edge since they can be played with the normal controller (expansion) or the new one. It just gives you more options and more is better.

You really shouldn't decide not to buy one already. You're limmiting yourself then and for all you know they've really nailed the controls and it will be the greatest thing since...ever.

I really was dissapointed that there were 0,00 games for the revolution shown. That you can blame nintendo for.
Blight Wrote:Hahaha. Hahahahaha. Hahahahahaha, wtf. That is one of the dumbest fucking things I have read in a long time. You must truly possess abhorrence towards Nintendo if you are gonna try and say anything as remotely ridiculous as that.
I cannot agree with your response there..ok, back when the Zelda & Metroid games first came out, umm they were great I guess you could say.
I'll state that my opinion of two latest installments are biased, as I haven't played Windwaker, nor do I ever plan to, & I don't like first person shooters, & believe that making Metriod into one, although being good for sells, just isn't being true to the idea behind it. Although opnce again I show that I'm bias as I do like 3-D Castlevania..-_-

But, really; er nvm, I guess...er I'm actually stopping to think of a game that uses the same gameplay as Zelda that's better..I can't think of one, but then again OoT isn't as fun as have the games I've played. Forget I posted this.. I need sleep
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Batz Kage Wrote:But, really; er nvm, I guess...er I'm actually stopping to think of a game that uses the same gameplay as Zelda that's better..I can't think of one, but then again OoT isn't as fun as have the games I've played. Forget I posted this.. I need sleep

LOL. I wasn't afraid of posting what I did for the simple fact of what you said. What adventure series is better now or ever? NONE. As for Metriod, I can see your point if you liked metriod before. But I love the game, way more than the old titles. It was just one of those titles that hit me in the face the first time I saw it and I can remember just being floored. The FPS genre is not one I particularly like, (with the exception of time splitters), but the game is so much more than a shooter should be. I can never bring myself to call it FPS, but rather a FPA-A (Action-Adventure). And since I don't see anything like it on any console, at least worth a damn, I say that darkanx had either a lapse of his brain, or just a biased lack there of.

And just so no one else tries a weak attempt to throw it at me, I pretty much AM a Fan Boy of the Big N. The only difference is I don't call Nintendo's shit holy just because Nintendo crapped it out. I was angry with their total ignorance of the internet, and lack of third party has been disappointing at times. But the main difference, is I want to play games, no matter what console they are on. I don't say that other consoles are crap, but that maybe they don't interest me (Like the PSP). Is it total crap? No. Do I want it? No. Am I gonna bad mouth it cause it is direct competition with the handheld I DO want to purchase? Certainly not. It just ain't my bag, and is out of my price range to boot. But I won't be ignorant of the potential it has, even over the DS, just because I am a huge Nintendo fan.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:LOL. I wasn't afraid of posting what I did for the simple fact of what you said. What adventure series is better now or ever? NONE. As for Metriod, I can see your point if you liked metriod before. But I love the game, way more than the old titles. It was just one of those titles that hit me in the face the first time I saw it and I can remember just being floored. The FPS genre is not one I particularly like, (with the exception of time splitters), but the game is so much more than a shooter should be. I can never bring myself to call it FPS, but rather a FPA-A (Action-Adventure). And since I don't see anything like it on any console, at least worth a damn, I say that darkanx had either a lapse of his brain, or just a biased lack there of.
Zelda; Hell I think Castlevania: LoI is better, even if it did have bland backgrounds..
I like Dynasty Warriors more; the story is better & the action is in more abundance.

Some might like Onimusha more than Zelda.. It has to many good series against it, & looking back there's no one moemtn where I think "Hey, this memory makes playing the game again seem fun." Although at the time it was the best there was, now it's over shadowed if not in means of gameplay then by means of enjoyment..

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

Batz Kage Wrote:Zelda; Hell I think Castlevania: LoI is better, even if it did have bland backgrounds..
I like Dynasty Warriors more; the story is better & the action is in more abundance.

Some might like Onimusha more than Zelda.. It has to many good series against it, & looking back there's no one moemtn where I think "Hey, this memory makes playing the game again seem fun." Although at the time it was the best there was, now it's over shadowed if not in means of gameplay then by means of enjoyment..

Well, you will have to realize that that is you. There are so many more people out there that share the opposite opinion that while it doesn?t make your opinion an invalid one, is does severely over shadow it. You a big fan of the Castlevania obviously, so that will refocus your opinion. But seriously, Dynasty Warriors? That isn't an adventure game first of all, and the game play is desperately shallow by comparison. But beyond the blatant classification flaw is where personal scrutiny enters. I have Onimusha 1-3 and I wouldn't even put them in the same class as LoZ. Three was a good game, but I have not felt a need to finish it. It just sits there, utterly unmotivating. I have played Wind Waker three times. But I hate Halo, so I run chasing my own ass to contradiction almost in saying so.:p My point is this: is there a severely high mass demand, one as great as the one for Twilight Princess, out there for any other adventure game right now? I highly doubt it.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Batz Kage Wrote:I cannot agree with your response there..ok, back when the Zelda & Metroid games first came out, umm they were great I guess you could say.
I'll state that my opinion of two latest installments are biased, as I haven't played Windwaker, nor do I ever plan to, & I don't like first person shooters, & believe that making Metriod into one, although being good for sells, just isn't being true to the idea behind it. Although opnce again I show that I'm bias as I do like 3-D Castlevania..-_-

I have to comment on this since metroid prime is one of my favorite games of this generation. I have to wonder if you played prime. What I love about it is the way they transfered the gameplay of the original 2d games into 3d. Its awesome to see the world they made. Its a work of art. When you start you have 1 way to go where you'll get the rockets which give you acces to another door. In that door is the morph ball which opens up a bunch of other paths to explore. Sound familiar? Its still the same as the 2d games and once you realize that its done almost perfectly. The shooting part is even easier than in the 2d version since you just lock on and shoot while dodging. You're seriously missing out by not playing prime if your a metroid fan.

Ofcourse opinions differ but 'if' the reason you've never played it is because you think its nothing like the 2d games you're very wrong.
elcoholic Wrote:I have to comment on this since metroid prime is one of my favorite games of this generation. I have to wonder if you played prime. What I love about it is the way they transfered the gameplay of the original 2d games into 3d. Its awesome to see the world they made. Its a work of art. When you start you have 1 way to go where you'll get the rockets which give you acces to another door. In that door is the morph ball which opens up a bunch of other paths to explore. Sound familiar? Its still the same as the 2d games and once you realize that its done almost perfectly. The shooting part is even easier than in the 2d version since you just lock on and shoot while dodging. You're seriously missing out by not playing prime if your a metroid fan.

Ofcourse opinions differ but 'if' the reason you've never played it is because you think its nothing like the 2d games you're very wrong.
I've beaten super metriod twice, both times only because me & my buddy were both playing the rom at the same time while talking on the phone. I'm not really a fan..

Batz Kage Wrote:http://img.penny-arcade.com/2002/20020325l.gif

Hopefully that link works..

How the hell did you find that? I read that cartoon my freshman year of college...
elcoholic Wrote:I think in many games that come out on all 3 systems the nintendo ones could have the edge since they can be played with the normal controller (expansion) or the new one. It just gives you more options and more is better.

Not really true. How many developers developing for all the system is going to take the time to add content just for that controller? 99% of it is going to be in-house games or the few developers willing to risk siding with nintendo again.
Cidien Wrote:How the hell did you find that? I read that cartoon my freshman year of college...
Google image search; as soon as you brought question as to why I think wanting a controller like the Xbox is kinda stupid it came to mind. So, I typed in Xbox bear on the image search & the rest is history..

That had to be a long time ago though, cause it was back when P-A was actually funny.

Cidien Wrote:Not really true. How many developers developing for all the system is going to take the time to add content just for that controller? 99% of it is going to be in-house games or the few developers willing to risk siding with nintendo again.

Well, that's the big question. Will 3rd party developers pick it up. So far its looking bad with 0 games anounced for it but maybe nintendo will develop some tool that just has to be put in the game to make it work with the controller. Atleast a standard for fps, sports and racing could be done. I am doubting that there will be many developers to make orriginal games for it but porting games shouldn't be a problem, or atleast I hope.
Just stop and think, technology advances at a very steady and fast pace, so video games and the technology that they are built on is also going to advance, eventually video games are going to move in the direction of virtual reality ( its innevitable ) so when that happens developers are going to change the way they make games.
Whats soo wrong about nintendo jump starting that thinking, some one is eventually going to do it and they will face the same problems nintendo faces now.

Nintendo makes enough profit especially from its handheld branch to where it can start working in new areas of gameplay, besides they have been the one company dedicated to entertaining fun games, so I back Nintendo all the way.
(While I might not like the specific design of the new controller I am very intriged about what it might do).