Nintendo?s secret out
Liete Wrote:Who would want to game with a tv remote control with some gyro thing-a-ma-bob attached to it anyway? I think nintendo fell off the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down...

Also revolution is suppose to be backwards compatiable, you play old games with that thing to? I certianly hope not.

Read more about it. For like the fiftieth time, there will be a standard controller hook on. Something *like* this.

http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/651/6...77147.html

And for those who are having a hard time grasping exactly what it is, read this.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.html

It explains the tech, the concept and the add ons. It isn't a gyro as some idiots think, and the add ons are where the true power of the controller lay.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
http://revolutionnoob.ytmnd.com/

Completely the truth.
aka EngrishMajor
Blight Wrote:And where did this bit of information come from, cause I have scanned the net over for any information on next-gen Nintendo and nothing about anything you said has come up. So in others words, quote or it's BS.

gameinformer, issue 148 page 18, article title "NINTENDO SHHOTS DOWN HD, no free downloads either...ok you cought me on this one...i should have red the article before i stated no hard drive...by hd the article was about high deffinition, im so engroused in the computer industry that when ever i se the letters HD, i assume they mean hard drive...though it does go on to talk about how games will not be free, and infact nintendo is giving them a slight graphics boost more then likally rasing the price even more...the article also calls the controller their ace in the hole...
Blight Wrote:And where did this bit of information come from, cause I have scanned the net over for any information on next-gen Nintendo and nothing about anything you said has come up. So in others words, quote or it's BS.
Only information that i have read is that there will be a 512mb internal flash memory .. heard nothing of external harddrive or anything like that.. So i am like Blight show us were you get this information..
All I heard is that it uses flash memory, I knew the downloads would not be free but I have not heard of them charging $10 where did you hear that? The revolution will have a side port for gamecube memory cards if you play your gamecube games and for your cube accesories, also there will be a small addon to play dvds but who would want that.
Where did you hear that nintnedo will release a seperate controller, I hope thats true for the gamers that do not like the remote.

If you look close you will see that the remote can be held sideways like the original nes controller, it has the pad and the a and b buttons in about the same position.
odin0425 Wrote:gameinformer, issue 148 page 18, article title "NINTENDO SHHOTS DOWN HD, no free downloads either...ok you cought me on this one...i should have red the article before i stated no hard drive...by hd the article was about high deffinition, im so engroused in the computer industry that when ever i se the letters HD, i assume they mean hard drive...though it does go on to talk about how games will not be free, and infact nintendo is giving them a slight graphics boost more then likally rasing the price even more...the article also calls the controller their ace in the hole...
I never expected them to have it for free and i don't mind paying a modest charge for the downloads..
Paying a small fee to download games is no problem nor is being different, when has nintendo followed what anyone else does? They have always done their own thing. And thats a good thing, some complain that nintendo caters to children and they should make more adult games, they make games they feel would be fun for everyone, and whats wrong with that. If they made the same kind of games as M$ and sony then there would be no variety, you need someone like nintendo.
Bleh, that controller is retarded too. All I want is an xbox like controller and i'll be happy!
Cidien Wrote:Bleh, that controller is retarded too. All I want is an xbox like controller and i'll be happy!
And you call the controller retarded?
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Batz Kage Wrote:And you call the controller retarded?

Is he trying to be mean or something here?
Cidien Wrote:Is he trying to be mean or something here?
http://img.penny-arcade.com/2002/20020325l.gif

Hopefully that link works..
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Cidien Wrote:Bleh, that controller is retarded too. All I want is an xbox like controller and i'll be happy!

im with cidien on this one, the small version of the xbox controller is the best one out, it is the only one that has the thumb stick in the right place...though i do wish the black and white buttons were on the same places as the r1 and L1 on the ps2 controller
Meh, I retract my statements. You guys make valid points and I am not really enough of a gamer to make objective statements. I guess the Revolution will prove if it is worthy or not, itself. My money is still on Sony.
[Image: kitty.gif]
The ds is geeting lots of backing by developers with a large line up of innovative games and it is selling stong, a gimmick is a one use marketing ploy and the ds has turned into anything but.
Nintendo is going to put out their next system, being much more powerful than the cube and very affordable, they are obviously focusing on the games and whats so bad about offering downloadable old games.

m$ and sony trying to turn their next gen systems into a one peice entertainment device is more of a gimmick.
Nintendo is staying faithful to the gamers that have stuck with them and M$ is trying to bait parents and girlfriends into buying their system!!!!
darkanx Wrote:True. They got Zelda. Metroid. Mario.....um.....Pokemon.....A sports game with...Mario...and........ummm.......Zelda............Maybe a game with Mario and Zelda playing sports..... And who knows, maybe they will actually catch an exclusive 3rd party title that people actually give a danm about (RE4 - now on PS2 with new features!).

Geez, cynical much? They do work on their ;if you would give Pikmin a chance, you would see how you can do real time strategy on a console. While Animal Crossing isn't a game I remotely like, it has a huge following. And there are recent examples too. Have you played Battalion Wars yet? The game is simply amazing. It is the first game that mixes RTS and action and nails it. The game is immensely fun, and will be my next game purchase. For third party support, them and Namco seem to be friends, cause they, at least in North America, were the only ones to get Tales of Symphonia, and Baten Kaitos was developed exclusively for the Cube (and has a sequel coming). And even if it is now going to Playstation 2, the game is almost a year old now. It had its run on the cube and now is in the port class. Also, how are they "repackaging" anything if you are directly downloading it? I'm pretty sure there is no packaging involved then.Rolleyes And what are the gimmicks you are talking about. Did you pull an ostrich and bury your head in the sand, completely ignoring the new controler. Or are you in-fact referring to it, but are just too ignorant of the specifics to realize the potential this "gimmick."

darkanx Wrote:But other than that, their signiture games like Zelda and Metroid does not really offer anything that cannot be found somewhere on other systems.

Hahaha. Hahahahaha. Hahahahahaha, wtf. That is one of the dumbest fucking things I have read in a long time. You must truly possess abhorrence towards Nintendo if you are gonna try and say anything as remotely ridiculous as that.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe