Poll: What do you think of the dub voices overall for Naruto?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Awesome
4.88%
2 4.88%
Great
9.76%
4 9.76%
ok
14.63%
6 14.63%
Pretty bad
36.59%
15 36.59%
The most terrible thing you have ever heard in your life
34.15%
14 34.15%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the dub of Naruto?
So, you apparantly havn't watched very much naruto and are basing your opinions on the earlier episodes. Obvious why you don't like the show. Most of my friend I had to make them watch for first 10 eps or so before they even began slightly liking the show. Now they all love it.
Your observations are akin to mine. My friend thought Naruto (the character) was stupid at first, and liked fan favorite Sasuke. But, even though Sasuke is still his favorite, he doesn't think Naruto is a weak loser anymore. It took a lot of time to develop Naruto's Identity, and push him beyond a Goku like idiot who wins with determination. The biggest difference between DBZ and Naruto (and there are many, only morons who have barely had any contact with Naruto so easily make that assumption. And yes I am specifically targeting some one with this comment.) is that Naruto wasn't strong, wasn't talented, and wasn't liked. Everyone hated him, and that is his drive to succeed come from. Unlike Goku's natural need to battle, Naruto fights to prove himself to the people that don't have faith in him. Everybody believed in Goku.

Naruto, to me, is a great character. He has to earn the power at his disposal. Sure, he may have a demons chakera in him, but all the suffering he has endure has been a more than fair price to pay for it, especially considering that it if the seal had failed for any reason, he would die. He was a sacrifice after all. More than that though, if you have ever been truly lonely, lived in a world where no one understands you, or where no one loves you, Naruto can be an inspiration. Rather than hate and despise, fight and triumph. Earn respect. A while back Roy of Inferno got made a little fun of for calling an anime character his hero. I'm not so sure he actually meant hero in a conventional sense now. He may have just meant that he was an inspiration character. Naruto really reminds me my own Blight, the character I write about in my stories, so maybe that's why I like him so much.

Anyway, my point is that yeah, in the first few episodes, Naruto is annoying, a loser, and weak. But if that is all you see of him, than you have missed the reason he made to look that way in the begging. Naruto is a dynamic character, which is a fancy way of saying that he changes. He starts out like a wimp, but develops power, skill, and resolve in a well paced manor. So If you see a few eps and think man, Naruto sucks, why do people like this show? It’s because they had the patients to actually see a character develop before deciding what type cast to give them. Then again, I’m an English major and expect more than static stereotypes out of my narrated entities.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Cidien Wrote:It's DBZ with cooler characters (minus vegeta and cell), more character development, a cooler world, more realistic (sorta) yet just as cool fighting, less staring, more plot and faster plot development so ya, it's awesome. And that is how you construct a run-on sentence with several grammatical errors. Wow.

I would agree with the cooler characters thing but if pokemon had cooler characters would you watch it haha (I know that was low..... really low). I find that I can watch a Naruto episode about once every 2 weeks, so at this rate I'll never finish.
Ya, actually I would. Pokemon was cool when it first came out. Then they started to market it to little kids and came out with the godawful show with retarded characters and super annoying pokemon.

Also just watched a couple more eps of naruto. Got used to kakashi and sasuke. Naruto is still terrible, and after a few laughing and yelling scenes he's only getting worse. It's sad the konohamaru and his gang are the most well voiced in the series so far. Also, I think Gaara is voiced decently, but I havn't heard him yell at all yet so I don't know for sure. Know a lotta people don't like him, not too sure why. Sakura isn't voiced well at all either. The dude voiced by crispin freeman is cool, but I love crispin freeman. =P

Basically the only reason i'll never watch this series in english when I buy it on dvd (god that's going to take forever to collect) is Naruto. You can't voice the main character that horribly and expect people to like the show if they watched the japanese. =/
Cidien Wrote:Basically the only reason i'll never watch this series in english when I buy it on dvd (god that's going to take forever to collect) is Naruto. You can't voice the main character that horribly and expect people to like the show if they watched the japanese. =/

I don?t understand how people can stand it even with out hearing the Japanese voicing first. I hadn't seen the anime until recently, so I had no voice formed in my mind. But Naruto is just plain awful to begin with. OMFG awful.

After hearing him, and wanting to cry, I can't force myself to watch it. It is a painful as Luffy in the One Piece dub.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:I don?t understand how people can stand it even with out hearing the Japanese voicing first. I hadn't seen the anime until recently, so I had no voice formed in my mind. But Naruto is just plain awful to begin with. OMFG awful.

After hearing him, and wanting to cry, I can't force myself to watch it. It is a painful as Luffy in the One Piece dub.

I still think painfuls an understatement. I really hope Narutos VA is kept far away from all other anime series. But I've heard worse dubs from ADV than again that one didn't bother me since the show sucks. Viz needs to get their shit together before they get their hands on anything else with actual potential.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
My little brother is a big fan of the One Piece dub, I shower him the subbed version and he said it was stupid. He is not a three year old, he's 13.........
YokoMaru Wrote:My little brother is a big fan of the One Piece dub, I shower him the subbed version and he said it was stupid. He is not a three year old, he's 13.........

Smack him in the head and hope some sense gets knocked into him. I havn't seen the japanese version but I watched a couple eps on cartoon network and goddamn its horrible. It's like naruto except almost everyone in one piece is voiced as poorly as Naruto himself.

Hopefully narutos voice actor like gets hit in the face and can't voice act anymore. That's really mean to say but people that suck so much shouldn't be getting paid to do this. And whoever chose him and approved it should be fired and bankrupted.
He enjoys singing the dub opening them a real lot. Also, he always says "He's gonna be king of the pirates"
YokoMaru Wrote:He enjoys singing the dub opening them a real lot. Also, he always says "He's gonna be king of the pirates"

I feel bad for you
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:I feel bad for you
Now I can't watch one piece or read it anymore because I hear that damn song. Good thing is, my little bro play Narutimate Hero 3 and Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 instead of my copy of One Piece Grand Battle(the english version)