Current games thread!
Been playing a lot of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) lately. It's to bad the PS2 port is a little off from the DC one, character detail is worse then the PS1 Street Fighter Alpha games... Some say there is some slow down in it to but I have not seen any.
hello! im back from my unexplained absense. Not that anyone noticed Sad haha anyway back to the thread. (which i believe will never end). everybody! "this is the thread that never ends! yes it goes on and on my friends! somepeople start replying to it not knowing what it was...." sorry bout that. its pretty sad that i remember that. i am currently playing Atlier iris. a great anime-esque rpg. want to get the second one. Tales of Phantasia (which i think is the best portable rpg to date (soon to be replaced with Final fantasy 5&6 whenever the hell that comes out!) also playing shoen jump superstars and Naruto 4 for the ds (i.e. they are imported! although they can be played on us ds'. in japanese and freaking awesome!) Finished KH2 a couple weeks ago. (way better than the first i thought). And just started playing monster rancher evo. im not a big fan of stealth or sports games. i usually tend to stick with rpgs or shooters. Oh and am still playing Elder Scrolls Oblivion. which is awesome!
I'm playing The suffering 2. Freaky game.

Also been playing on my friends 360 alot with GRAW which rocks online except for the spawn killers. Very good game. Very good graphics even on a normal tv.

Also played the Prey demo and that game might make me get a 360 if its long enough. seems like alot of variation in that game and the story seems interesting.
Just got a 360 today with GRAW for the online and Oblivion for the offline. It looks amazing on my SD tv. The media functions are great and one of the main reasons i bought one. I can browse and play all the music on my pc with the controller. Now i'm trying to figure out if you can watch divx movies with this thing. Anyone know?

Anyway, if oblivion is anything like morrowind i'll be playing non stop for a few weeks. Just hope i can let it go for Prey next week which also looks fucking great in the demo.
Elcoholic Wrote:Just got a 360 today with GRAW for the online and Oblivion for the offline. It looks amazing on my SD tv. The media functions are great and one of the main reasons i bought one. I can browse and play all the music on my pc with the controller. Now i'm trying to figure out if you can watch divx movies with this thing. Anyone know?

Anyway, if oblivion is anything like morrowind i'll be playing non stop for a few weeks. Just hope i can let it go for Prey next week which also looks fucking great in the demo.
Can the 360 play video files off a normal Share off your computer or i thought you had to have the WindowsXP Media Center Edition to play the videos.

And unless the media player supports standard Mpeg4 codec (which then they would have to pay money to Mpeg LA for every xbox sold then i doubt it) also since Microsoft is pushing WMV9 as a competitor to Mpeg4.
Schultz Wrote:Can the 360 play video files off a normal Share off your computer or i thought you had to have the WindowsXP Media Center Edition to play the videos.

And unless the media player supports standard Mpeg4 codec (which then they would have to pay money to Mpeg LA for every xbox sold then i doubt it) also since Microsoft is pushing WMV9 as a competitor to Mpeg4.

I asked on another forum and they said it can stream wmv format movies from your pc but it doesn't have the codecs installed for other formats. You have to have xp with a program called windows media connect for the music but i think you could be right about the media center for movies since that option is blanked out in my 360.

I hope they do get other codecs so i can stream anime from my pc.
Elcoholic Wrote:I asked on another forum and they said it can stream wmv format movies from your pc but it doesn't have the codecs installed for other formats. You have to have xp with a program called windows media connect for the music but i think you could be right about the media center for movies since that option is blanked out in my 360.

I hope they do get other codecs so i can stream anime from my pc.

Don't hold your breath as if they included Mpeg4 as they would have to pay for Every Xbox is sold. As you can't get a blanket license its per each and every distribution of the codec. This is the reason that WindowsXP won't play dvd's out of the box you have to purchase a DVD player for windows and then Windows MEdia player will play dvd's since it now has a mpeg2 codec on the system.
i went over to a friends house for the UFC Fight last night. He has a 360 and yea it only supports movies if you have windows xp media center. The worst thing about it is he does have Media center it came with his computer and the stupid xbox and pc still won't communicate so he still can't stream videos to his xbox.. What a Piece of shit.
Been playing Street Fighter Alpha Anthology a lot since it came out last month. A load time free version of Alpha 3 on PS2 at last!

Also working at Parasite Eve (PS1) It's jarring to go back to a low-res PS1 game after a while of current-gen gaming but I got used to it soon enough. PE was billed as a cross between Resident Evil and Final Fantasy when I read about it, that seems about right now that I play it.
PE was def one of my fav on the ps1, I know what you mean, ive been playing dragoon and ff7 and 8 and it took me a few days to get used to it.

animal crossing on the gc and ds, and gaiden black.
I've been looking for PE to no avail.

Right now I'm playing Fullmetal Alchemist 2, Blood Will Tell, Mercenaries (which I'm about to chunk in a corner & not touch again), & the occasional game of Killzone with my buddies.

I also have my friend's copy of the new Naruto game that I've been ignoring & Ghost Recon 2, which is very disappointing. I was hoping for more of a Rainbow Six 3, instead I get a fast paced tactical shooter...wtf?

Playing Killzone with a friend against the higher level AI is quite a blast. Normally we go at it 7v7 with low AI, but today we decided to have a 2v2 match & after losing by only one kill we decided to try again, only with 3 opponets. We owned with cover fire & berserker rushing..After that we went over to a friends houjse & f***ed around with airsoft pistols in his house; same routine XD.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
um buy parasite eve 1 and 2 on ebay they arent that expensive unless the price went up. They are great i own both Big Grin

also ive been playing grandia 3 man that game is cool i havnt played such a good rpg in a long time

even shadow hearts 3 turned out to be dissapointing Sad

but i know im on the way to good rpgs cus i got kotor 1 and 2 valkryie profile and xenogears

and i havnt beat any of those so im excited
Cyrus
Got to the end of Parasite Eve 1 a few days ago and now I'm on PE2, I like PE2 lots so far since It's like the older Resident Evil games with out the half turn based battle system of the first.Smile

I've been back into 2D fighters lately and have hearing good things King Of Fighters XI for PS2 It seems only to be out in Japan though I wonder if there are online "import" shops for games the same there is for anime... I worry if I play something like that on my PS2 it will die lol. Well it worked fine for movies I guess.
Finally gave in and bought World of Warcraft, played it all weekend. I have also be playing Prey, which is pretty freaking sweet.
Which server you playing on? ;o) JJ and me are on Thunderlord Alliance side both have 60 Priests and he has 60 warrior and myself 60 mage. Plus many other chars "Work in progress" We making some lvl 19 Battleground Twinks right now. Gonna be fun!

Btw i just picked up Valkari Profiles for the PSP. Good remake so far on it. Will enjoy actually playing this game.