Current games thread!
Been playing .hack//Infection for the first time the last few days I got it to go along with the .hack//Sign anime (have not started anime yet). Pretty good game so far.Smile

Also been playing Splinter Cell: Chaos theory. When it comes to game play Splinter Cell is better then MGS IMO.Smile
Splinter Cell and Metal Gear are two completely different things. Just cause they're both 'stealth' based, really doesn't mean they can be compared. Since their main gameplay aspects are completely different. I've never found myself comparing either.

I find it funny though, i just recently beat Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Metal Gear Solid 2 (probably in the last month or so)

As of late, i've been playing:

X-Men Legends - A rather enjoyable game. And i'm not even much of an x-men fan

Marvel VS Capcom 2 - After playing x-men legends, i felt like playing this.

Metal Saga - I can't stand this game. Probably the first time i've said that about an RPG since Inuyasha Tongue

King of Fighters: Neowave - BY FAR the worst KOF game i've ever played

Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked - I don't get it, i love the anime and i love the creator of Killer 7's style. But this game bores me to death.

I know i've picked up some other stuff recently as well... but for the life of me i can't remember any of it Tongue
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
Xmen legends is cool. If you play with friends though legend 2 is much better. Legends 1 has too many single player areas, including the mansion.
desfunk Wrote:Splinter Cell and Metal Gear are two completely different things. Just cause they're both 'stealth' based, really doesn't mean they can be compared. Since their main gameplay aspects are completely different. I've never found myself comparing either.

I guess that's a fair point that there different, it's like comparing Goldeneye (N64) to Rainbow Six. All the same I feel much more at home with SP's controls then MGS's.
And I like MGS. Chaos Theory had pretty good controls but i'm still more at home with MGS.
Stealth games just really rub me the wrong way. First of all, I hate sneaking around, I'm more of the idiot who walks out into the open and says, "Hey, fight me." in real life. So I guess that translates to what I like to do in games. I also hate games like Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon because they are so damn unforgiving. Planning is so tedious you know.Big Grin

Also, Some of the stuff that happens in these stealth games is so bullshit. Now, I wouldn?t give one damn about that, except they sometimes to try to portray themselves as ultra realistic and hypocrisy = retarded. In fact, I?m more of a fan of unrealistic game play in just about every instance I can think of. Racing, shootin, sports (especially sports, I HATE SIMS!), RPG?s by default lol, just about all of ?em.

Uh, anyway I?m playing Neverwinter Nights. Pretty fun RPG. It?s a D&D based game, and I have recently begun playing my first game of D&D, and believe it or not, it is probably the funest thing I have done, period, in quite some time. And yeah, it is almost as dorky as people say. I say almost, because our DM is the funniest son of a bitch ever, and some how, every mission we go on ends up with up miraculously beating entire armies, having our characters getting transported into now talking objects, or getting chased out of town by a coalition of whore houses. Every time we try to do something mildly serious, it digresses into something absolutely absurd and hilarious. So I DLed NWN to play a normal game lol. It is pretty fun. Lots of different options for characters, but because of the insane real game I?m playing it feels strangely tame.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I know what you mean. The 'pick up and play' games can be a lot more fun. But the games that require insane amounts of planning, and dead on accuracy have their own level of fun to them.

In all honesty though, i've hated every splinter cell game OTHER then Chaos Theory. If only because you're not forced to keep hidden because of the dumb 'alarms'. In Chaos Theory, you can set off all the alarms you want, it just makes the game harder. Which i'd take that over 'instant mission failure'
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
I like chaos theory because of the knife and playing with a friend in those coop missions they never finish but thankfully left in the game. So much more fun than the single player. Especially pissing each other off.

"Ok i've deactivated the turret."
*partner walks up to pick the door lock*
*turns on turret*
"Oops."
Been playing .hack part 1 lots, I like the battle system and how the enemies use status spells a lot since it keeps the fighting from getting to boring or thoughtless.Smile

Also got La Pucelle: Tactics a few days ago it's kinda easy so far but fun to play and look it.Smile

I just heard about Street Fighter Alpha collection last week and I'm looking forward to that, even if it only has the arcade version of Alpha 3 in it like how the previews make it out to be...
Totaly hooked on gran turismo 4 again. Play it whenever I have free time.

Also playing Morrowind on xbox or atleast I'm trying to. Framerate isn't very good, ever. I haven't gone 10 seconds without having some drop in the framerate. And then there's this fighting mechanism which works with algoritms which calculate if you hit something or not or so I've been told. Anyway, it sucks. I can't hit anything and got killed by rats on my first play. Its huge and I can see the potential but man, swinging your sword and make contact 1 out of 5 times gets frustrating.
Morrowind sucks. oblivion rocks. It's like the difference between rise of the triad and halo.
Well, if they would have had a better fighting mechanism it could be great. And some way to show on the map where you're supposed to go would be nice too. I've got a quest to find some puzzle box in a cave somewhere and the dirrections I get are 2 pages long (and its just my second quest). No way I can remember those directions without writing them down.
When I first played it I thought morrowind would be great but when it took me 30 minutes to walk around cause my stamina kept running out I tossed it. Come on, do you really want to spend hours just trying to get somewhere.
That's why I think morrowind should be remade using the oblivion engine. People will actually be able to enjoy the story without having to play the crappy game.
Been playing psone games, same old ff7 and 8 and have been surprisingly enjoying playing covert ops nuclear dawn again, one of the better games on the psone.

Also playing farcry evolution and the new super mario on the ds, alone a good reason for a ds.