Current games thread!
Been playind day of defeat source a lot lately. Trying to get a 3-1 kd ratio on the server I play on. Only have like 2.14 right now. =/

Diff. friend and I playing through halo 2 on heroic now too. Kinda sucks though. I wanna play with legendary settings, I just don't want it to go to the last checkpoint when one of us dies. Really poor planning imo on bungies part. Goes from fairly hard to insanely hard lol.
What server do you play on for DoD:S Ciden??
I'll look for the address later but it's the PAF clan server. Love that server.

Also, my friend and I just spend 2 1/2 hours clearing a level in halo 2 on legendary. (metropolis) Right at the end when it goes to cutscene we get a WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH!

Ya, piece of crap 360 locked up on us for no reason. Found yet another little bug with the 360.
I'm finally going to play Chrono Trigger. Someone should have told me they released it for the ps1 in FF chronicles. I had it on a rom but couldn't save.

Found it on emuparadise. That's one awesome site with lots of games.
Finally got past the stealth level in Rainbow Six 3 it took a few days of trying... They really should not put a level where you can't shoot anybody in a kill or be killed focused game like that. Sad

I also almost snapped my Winback disc in half after I got past some one-hit-kills-you red lasers and then getting shot. :mad:
Mot_Soldats Wrote:Finally got past the stealth level in Rainbow Six 3 it took a few days of trying... They really should not put a level where you can't shoot anybody in a kill or be killed focused game like that. Sad

I know what you mean, I said I would never replay that mission..then I lost my save data -_-
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
elcoholic Wrote:I'm finally going to play Chrono Trigger. Someone should have told me they released it for the ps1 in FF chronicles. I had it on a rom but couldn't save.

Found it on emuparadise. That's one awesome site with lots of games.

CT sucks on the ps1. It takes like 2-3 seconds to load up the menu every time. That doesn't sound like much but it's extremely annoying. I didn't even bother playing through with it and CT is one of my favorite games ever.
Cidien Wrote:CT sucks on the ps1. It takes like 2-3 seconds to load up the menu every time. That doesn't sound like much but it's extremely annoying. I didn't even bother playing through with it and CT is one of my favorite games ever.

I've fallen in love with the game after playing only 3 hours so that's ok. I know what you mean with the menu's though but you get used to it and luckily you don't have to go in there too often.

The battle system is awesome in its simplicity. No separate fight screen, no battles on the world map, you can avoid some fights and the fights are quick. Charecters are great, interesting world, great story. What a great game. First rpg I'll try to finnish since ff7.
Ya CT was my first rpg. Lucky to be introduced to such a great game. I'm excluding the zeldas here btw. You kinda go into the menus a lot though if you wanna keep your characters at max health with tonics though. If you had played the snes version you'd go insane playing the ps1 version. Oddly enough I started playing the rom again about 2 days before you posted anything about it. Got through like the first 3 hours of gameplay in 30 mins lol. Love the fast foward button. Plus i've played it so many times I know everything they say and exactly where to go for everything so ya...

That's what happens when you hate the lakes and all you have to do every weekend is play CT and a few other games.
How long is the game anyway?
Batz Kage Wrote:I know what you mean, I said I would never replay that mission..then I lost my save data -_-

Save data loss one of the gamers worst enemies! second only to school, family and work.Big Grin

elcoholic Wrote:The battle system is awesome in its simplicity. No separate fight screen, no battles on the world map, you can avoid some fights and the fights are quick. Charecters are great, interesting world, great story. What a great game. First rpg I'll try to finnish since ff7.

CT and Quest 64 were the only turn based RPGs that I have played that don't use a separate battle screen I wish more of them were like that. Or maybe Quest 64 did use one now I can't remember.

Anyway today I played a little Phantasy Star Online (GC) I used to play all the time not so much anymore. Also got to the Airport Rainbow Six 3 it seems to be another stealth level.Sad
elcoholic Wrote:How long is the game anyway?

Depends. With or without a ff button? Having played it before or not makes the game take way way way less time when you know where to go for everything. You wanna complete all the side quests or not? Depending on how you play could be beaten in a couple hours, or about six without an emulator. Otherwise could easily take you 20+ hours. Of course if you use new game plus I could probably beat the game in about 5-10 minutes with an emulator. =P
Currently, I'm playin' the MGS (Metal Gear Solid) series. Gotta love em'...or don't. I also started playing Tales Of Legendia, and in some ways, I kinda wished I hadn't. I gets repetetive fast and I hate the character models (CHIBI!!!), and the voice acting is badly done. Other than that it isn't bad. Metal Gear Solid's are higher on the list though, they have more game to them. Im also waiting for the New Super Mario Bros.
There can be tears of sadness, and there can be tears of joy, but they are far from the same.

King Of Bandits Jing

My DVD trade list:
http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=4518
Cidien Wrote:Depends. With or without a ff button? Having played it before or not makes the game take way way way less time when you know where to go for everything. You wanna complete all the side quests or not? Depending on how you play could be beaten in a couple hours, or about six without an emulator. Otherwise could easily take you 20+ hours. Of course if you use new game plus I could probably beat the game in about 5-10 minutes with an emulator. =P

I'm playing it all the way through and try to do as many sidequests I come by but don't go looking for them. I've played 4,5 hours now and i'm in the year 2400 I think, the one where everything is destroyed and the people are bums. I always try to explore every room so it'll probably take me longer than most people.
With fast forward I got there in less than 20 mins. =P Using fast foward and turbo a to cheat to get silver points so I could get a lode sword right away helped a bit heheh.