Hollywood remakes
Cidien Wrote:I dunno, I didn't have to think much watching kinos journey or last exile. And there's a difference between having to think to understand a movie and a movie that simply has no plot.

Yeh I love to be inspired by plot lines and have to work stuff out but The Grudge was just people getting killed in a house by some thing that sounds like when you try and do a fake burp. The guy who saw his daughter was cool but that was about it. Alot of Japanese films seem quite slow paced as well to me. I had to turn Kairo off that was boring as hell (and what Fear Dot Com ripped off I think). I think Korean films have a better pace. They seem to combine Japanese and American elements with a greater result.
gubi-gubi Wrote:Yeh I love to be inspired by plot lines and have to work stuff out but The Grudge was just people getting killed in a house by some thing that sounds like when you try and do a fake burp. The guy who saw his daughter was cool but that was about it. Alot of Japanese films seem quite slow paced as well to me. I had to turn Kairo off that was boring as hell (and what Fear Dot Com ripped off I think). I think Korean films have a better pace. They seem to combine Japanese and American elements with a greater result.
Fear Dot Com was based off a Japanese film? Holy Hell, it sucked balls. It reminds me a bit of Saw, only Saw didn't totally suck.. It would have been better were it listed under action or something other than horror, I know it might sound dumb, but when I watch a "horror" movie, I except to be scared by it, if this doesn't happen then the movie sucked; hence why I don't like Stephen King's work..
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Stephen King doesn't claim to be a purely horror writer. He's a horror/mystery/suspense writer. If you go into his movies expecting to crap your pants you should be let down, because that isn't what he does.
Cidien Wrote:Stephen King doesn't claim to be a purely horror writer. He's a horror/mystery/suspense writer. If you go into his movies expecting to crap your pants you should be let down, because that isn't what he does.
I know I watched a interview with him & he said he doesn't write horror, he writes suspense. When I heard that I said a small cursing to all the people who called him a horror writer; but even so I haven't found one adaptation to film of his taht I've liked. Although, my buddy wants me to read the one series he wrote, something to do with towers. My friend said it was a lot like a rip off of some other story he liked (ok, not rip off, but it seemed to have the same influences), and that I would enjoy it greatly.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Back on topic, have you guys heard about their newest project in the remake series? I hope it is good as I used to love watching the show and I still do. If you guys are wondering wat it is it is none other than this..."In 10 years ago a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today they live as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem...if noone else can help...and if you can find them...maybe you can hire... The A-team...*music starts.*

Yeah I also noticed they are running out of Origianl ideas, butI hope they do this right if they do make it. Also its helping to put some of our favorite shows on DVD to watch when this wouln't have been considered before. I guess this is a good thing , though I wish they would put Ghostbusters and Biker Mice from Mars on DVD.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Batz Kage Wrote:Fear Dot Com was based off a Japanese film? Holy Hell, it sucked balls. It reminds me a bit of Saw, only Saw didn't totally suck.

Not quite based off a Japanese film. Ripped of the Japanese film/book Ringu, definitely. (View a tape, die in seven days..... view a website, die in three days).

Unforuntantely, even MORE Japanese movies are being remade in the US. Tom Cruise is remaking The Eye (mind you, I don't think he's starring in it). But shit, The Eye is already a great movie, what's the point in remaking it? Then on IMDB, there was a thread in the Dark Water forum about more Japanese films being remade in the US (almost all of them horror). It was appalling, really.

Something which MIGHT be interesting is that another one of the short stories from Koji Suzuki (author of The Ring)'s Dark Water book has been picked up for movie right by (I think) Dreamworks. The first short story is what was made into the movie Dark Water, and now the short story "Afloat" is going to be beefed up into a full film.

IMO, I good TV miniseries of Dark Water with straight adaptations of all the stories would have rocked. Afloat was my favorite of all the stories, but I don't think it would translate into a very good full film.
its so true i mean watch a old show like dick van dyke and its very intelligent but watch something new and a 5th grader could understand all that words....

As far as making foreign movies into american remakes i guess it doesent bother me that much..... I mean in the sense that americans are too prideful to accept foreign movies in the way they ought to be but i suppose its better to start to introduce people to a crappy product to get them interested in something that is really good instead of just turning them off completely.

But yeah im disgusted by the way american movies are now a days i mean honestly most of these movies i wouldn't spend the time to watch on tv let alone pay to see in the theaters or rent. Actually i think i have seen like 3 movies maybe 4 in theaters this last year and just spend the rest of the money on good older movies at pawnshops or anime.

I do plan to see the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe but thats prolly the next and last thing i will see in theaters this year.

Normally i would say even if you saw an anime and the ending really sucked then too bad thats how it should remain cus im very careful on changing poetry and i think movies should be kept the same but we are at such a point where i think the only way to save america's taste in movies from not being only bad movies is to give in a little Sad
Cyrus
Wow, O bring new and everyone ignore it. Thats a first.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Wow, O bring new and everyone ignore it. Thats a first.

What are you talking about?:confused:
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
dvd_master Wrote:Not quite based off a Japanese film. Ripped of the Japanese film/book Ringu, definitely. (View a tape, die in seven days..... view a website, die in three days).

It's more a Kairo rip off than a Ringu rip off. Could be said that Kairo ripped off Ringu but seeing as Fear Dot Com is about the web and so is Kairo, i'd say it was ripped off Kairo.
Cyrus Wrote:I mean in the sense that americans are too prideful to accept foreign movies.

Or maybe it isn't pride but something else...
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Puppet Master Wrote:What are you talking about?:confused:

In my first post I talked about them, posibly doing an A-Team movie. Howeever, it seems either 1 noone remembers the A-Team or 2 noone cares. Both of these are sad possibilities. Perhaps I should make a thread in honor to them if this is the case.
2 nobody cares. The A-Team sucks. Making a movie would be stupid, it will almost certainly tank.
What the hell is the A-Team? Meh Cidiens right no one cares.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:What the hell is the A-Team?

??????????!!!!!!!! Not that I care about a movie but come on you must of heard of the A-Team?

Mr. T?!

[Image: T.gif]